Wonder what's been cooking but this time definitely sounds something big.

JC please announce it soon. We need it in our hands by sept end.

Posted via CB10
    From what I heard it will be a October/ November release, but of course announced before that. I hope we experience shorter sime spans under Chen!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:20 PM
    Video is found at http://www.mondoblackberry.com/porta...SHRINKED-1.mp4 .

Posted via CB10
    the card shuffle app windows are so ugly on android.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-09-15 03:35 PM
    Someone with more recent experience is posting here (near the end of the thread):
    Android slider - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    starting to get disappointed that this slider will never see the beautiful BB10 UI on it. as it is now, it's tainted.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-09-15 03:38 PM
    starting to get disappointed that this slider will never see the beautiful BB10 UI on it. as it is now, it's tainted.
    I hope it's not the beginning of the end for BB10. Don't think JC will see any reason for further development if this becomes a success.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 03:44 PM
    I hope it's not the beginning of the end for BB10. Don't think JC will see any reason for further development if this becomes a success.

Posted via CB10
    this is probably why he's doing it. to let go of BB10 OS altogether. as far as what i've read- they've stated that they will continue to make phones... not necessarily ones with BB10 OS.
    08-09-15 04:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Two and a half years ago, the BlackBerry experience wasn't over when they switched from Java to QNX. It won't be over if they switch from QNX to Android either, if done well - which it appears it has been.

There are some still lamenting the first transition. There will be some here too. Change is the only constant.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 08-09-15 at 04:16 PM.
    08-09-15 04:03 PM
    this is probably why he's doing it. to let go of BB10 OS altogether. as far as what i've read- they've stated that they will continue to make phones... not necessarily ones with BB10 OS.
    Yup, they haven't gone into specifics but the fact that they've moved their resources from their mobile division says enough. They even need to sell less now to break even. Chen just wants mobile to be profitable and this is the smartest way at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 04:05 PM
    Chen just wants mobile to be profitable and this is the smartest way at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    smartest... or the easiest? it's like he saying to google: here takes these slices and bread and put your ham & cheese in it. cha-ching.
    08-09-15 04:13 PM
    smartest... or the easiest? it's like he saying to google: here takes these slices and bread and put your ham & cheese in it. cha-ching.
    Yeah well if you wanna make money quick and keep the stakeholders happy you have to create some opportunities right?

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-09-15 04:15 PM
    Dude, don't be naive. No one gives a **** about BB or BBOS outside of this forum and the governments that use it. Everyone thinks it sucks and is stuck in the past. They're wrong, but people have been bashing BlackBerry for years now, it's just second nature. No amount of money in marketing is going to change that.

By switching to Android, you're tapping a HUGE market, and positioning yourself as the only OEM providing an experience with physical keyboards. It will be a success, and tech journalists are all going to say, "OMG, BlackBerry is a diamond in the rough, look what we've been missing out on hardware-wise all along."
    MO3iusONE and dejanh like this.
    08-09-15 04:18 PM
    Yeah well if you wanna make money quick and keep the stakeholders happy you have to create some opportunities right?

Posted via CB10
    sure... he's just going to lose a whole lot of us. then again- they care more for enterprise & security. if this is just for the stakeholders then they better be happy with the results.
    08-09-15 04:22 PM
    how is what i said being naive? it's being realistic. in which you are not because you are already claiming it's success. i personally won't be switching because i stick with what works for me. i don't care what everyone thinks about BB10- you do.
    It will undoubtedly be more successful than current devices, I'll bet you a SE Passport. Whether I "care" about what others think regarding BBOS is irrelevant. However, the fact that the general public thinks it sucks DIRECTLY affects sales of BlackBerry devices and their position in the marketplace...duh.
    08-09-15 04:25 PM
    It will undoubtedly be more successful than current devices, I'll bet you a SE Passport. Whether I "care" about what others think regarding BBOS is irrelevant. However, the fact that the general public thinks it sucks DIRECTLY affects sales of BlackBerry devices and their position in the marketplace...duh.
    who said anything about BBOS? lol

you clearly get swayed by the general public's opinion. i'm still using BB10. don't care how well the android slider will sell- it will just be another android.
    08-09-15 04:30 PM
    I thought we saw the same video and pics.
    Blackberry layered OS with Android on top.

Are you saying this will not be 10.3/4 OS?
    Seems a bit early to feel left out..

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    08-09-15 08:54 PM
    From a business standpoint, if BlackBerry can build the same physical device for both Android (with BlackBerry OS look and feel) and BB10 OS, it's a fantastic solution that let's them market both to BB10 loyalists like myself and Android users.

For each phone, they make a single investment in design and manufacturing, but get to market two models, allowing BlackBerry to both preserve BB10 and sell to the majority of the market, where even very small inroads would yield a great financial impact.

It's great for increasing brand awareness and perception, and could stabilize the hardware business at a sustainable, profitable level.

I am not talking about a dual-boot phone, which I think would only appeal to a small number of tech enthusiasts. I mean two different models with different partners, channels and possibly prices.

Posted via CB10
    Poi25 likes this.
    08-09-15 09:56 PM
    sure... he's just going to lose a whole lot of us. then again- they care more for enterprise & security. if this is just for the stakeholders then they better be happy with the results.
    They'll lose a whole lot of you, and gain a whole lot of us android users. :-)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    nick13b likes this.
    08-09-15 10:24 PM
    I don't think Chen is THAT stupid to loose BlackBerry's own loyalists that comprises the very bulk of its profits, even--and especially, now. All these stupid talks, rumors and hoaxes.....the fact remains: nothing is fixed and/or officially corroborated. So let's just see, shall we?

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    08-09-15 11:34 PM
    I don't think Chen is THAT stupid to loose BlackBerry's own loyalists that comprises the very bulk of its profits, even--and especially, now
    You really think the "loyalists" comprise the bulk of BlackBerry's profits? We are a proverbial drop in the bucket; we could all stop using BlackBerry and I don't think it would affect them all that much. Corporate and government sectors are keeping BlackBerry afloat at this point.
    08-09-15 11:44 PM
    You really think the "loyalists" comprise the bulk of BlackBerry's profits? We are a proverbial drop in the bucket; we could all stop using BlackBerry and I don't think it would affect them all that much. Corporate and government sectors are keeping BlackBerry afloat at this point.
    There are also loyalists in corporate and government, I believe. So I don't think I'm totally off the mark.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-09-15 11:50 PM
    They'll lose a whole lot of you, and gain a whole lot of us android users. :-)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    that's yet to be seen. don't you android users have enough models of phones? there's about 20,000 of them.
    08-10-15 01:32 AM
    that's yet to be seen. don't you android users have enough models of phones? there's about 20,000 of them.
    Yup, love variety and choices when it comes to android but hey we don't have a phone with a solid physical keybord and as a prior Treo, curve, and Pre user, I'm really looking forward to this blackberry slider. Can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-10-15 01:34 AM
    Yup, love variety and choices when it comes to android but hey we don't have a phone with a solid physical keybord and as a prior Treo, curve, and Pre user, I'm really looking forward to this blackberry slider. Can't wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    well, good for you.
    08-10-15 01:49 AM
    I seem to recall a pkb device released by samsung about 2 years ago. Galaxy Chat if I'm not mistaken. Pretty decent. Almost bought it.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 08-10-15 at 02:49 AM.
    08-10-15 02:24 AM
    So I've done a completely informal poll by asking amongst my peers:

Would you buy a Blackberry if it ran full android?

The response was interesting... Out of 12 current android users, all of them would buy a Passport if it ran Android. The age group here is from 32 to 48.

I sort of think that a ful android on blackberry would be a fairly good idea. Hopefully it'd mean that Blackberry once again became available in Denmark.
    08-10-15 04:20 AM
    [WARN]Please discuss, debate -- even disagree. But let's skip the personal remarks.

Some of the less civil comments (and where they were quoted) have been deleted.[/WARN]
    extisis likes this.
    08-10-15 07:25 AM
122 ... 2345