If I could choose i would prefer a Passport SE running Android. I would buy it right away.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:22 AM
    As a longtime BlackBerry user (12 years), I'm one that will likely switch away from BlackBerry to iOS / Windows or Android for my next device replacement next year if BlackBerry does NOT go Android!
    As much as I love bb10 and wish it had been successful, it's being left behind in its ability to access iot connected devices. Unfortunately the manufacturers of all these things aren't creating bb10 apps and through some might be available through Amazon, most aren't and using Snap or Google play store still doesn't help with the Google Services requirements. Sure you might be able to use lucky patcher in some cases but it's just a pain to do it every time, I want my experience to be seamless.
    Bring on the BlackBerry Android variant and / or the BlackBerry experience (hub) to other platforms so I can still use what I need.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 11:37 AM
    BlackBerry and Android will be a BlackBerry logo homebutton and the video is from an video capture app that is running and he made on mistake swiping the wrong open app. But they do it nicely for 23 second . If it was real the would show you more .
    08-08-15 12:32 PM
    I don't mind using Android, if I have the option to flash back to os10 with an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 12:37 PM
    BlackBerry and Android will be a BlackBerry logo homebutton and the video is from an video capture app that is running and he made on mistake swiping the wrong open app. But they do it nicely for 23 second . If it was real the would show you more .
    He probably was not allowed to show more, ever think of that? I mean it Is an early prototype.
    08-08-15 03:49 PM
    if only they had released the passport with Android, it would be already in my pocket instead of this damn samsung s6. The lack of app killed my experience with the passport while i loved the keyboard.

i'll run to buy the first slider with android on it.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-08-15 07:34 PM
    There are lots of launchers around.

But I've been convinced by others that this particular one is more than just a launcher. Or if it is, it's a very special one.

My thoughts are that perhaps this IS an early version of a new OS. Other versions have shown a HUB though, so it's hard to tell. Certainly it shows that something is in the works as we suspected.

See Bla1ze's article:
    This BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition appears to be running Android instead of BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    i don't mess with android like that on my PlayBook anymore since we're way past gingerbread but i did use a gingerbread (and some other) launcher on my Playbook, had the full UI on it it was just an app on the PlayBook and would pretty much turn it into a droid tablet. was cool... but it's android.. ya know? at the time i had a friend who loved tinkering with droid phones, rooting, tearing them apart and overclocking them etc etc- i kinda felt android has always existed for that purpose.

anyhow, don't see how that's not possible on BB10 phones.
    Benjamin Black likes this.
    08-08-15 08:11 PM
    if only they had released the passport with Android, it would be already in my pocket instead of this damn samsung s6. The lack of app killed my experience with the passport while i loved the keyboard.

i'll run to buy the first slider with android on it.
    Bull****. I'll be the first to buy that slider running Android! :-P

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    08-08-15 09:33 PM
    Android running on BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition!-presentation1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    08-09-15 12:40 AM
    I for one hope it will become reality and so what if Blackberry does go Android based with the features of OS10 like the Hub ,Peak built into it. I would be the first bone in line to buy one because I could now run the apps my clients expect me to use and that require Google play services.

You might be surprised how many former Blackberry users might come back to the brand knowing that they now have full access to the Google play store and services. I know the faithful may not like the transition, but the dynamics of the smartphone market have dramatically changed and Android and IOS are know the dominating operating systems and as a business person myself, I feel if you can't beat, join em if it means your survival.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-09-15 06:51 AM
    JC said something was in the works to close the app gap even further along time ago. And that we would be amazed as he snickered. Its not a full android deal but its closing the gap even more. BB10 will be running the Slider. Not droid.
    08-09-15 07:00 AM
    The only problem with android launchers is they open sandboxed so it doesn't function the same way as the Android OS. I ended up buying a LG G3 as a backup for this exact reason. It's nice to have the best of both worlds imo. Still using the PP as my daily driver though. Can't get enough of BB10 and this wide, gorgeous screen.

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    08-09-15 10:00 AM
    Unfortunately can't link to the video, check previous post for source, which also includes the video!
    Video is found at http://www.mondoblackberry.com/porta...SHRINKED-1.mp4 .

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:20 AM
    Video is found at http://www.mondoblackberry.com/porta...SHRINKED-1.mp4 .

Posted via CB10
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:20 AM
    I for one hope it will become reality and so what if Blackberry does go Android based with the features of OS10 like the Hub ,Peak built into it. I would be the first bone in line to buy one because I could now run the apps my clients expect me to use and that require Google play services.

You might be surprised how many former Blackberry users might come back to the brand knowing that they now have full access to the Google play store and services. I know the faithful may not like the transition, but the dynamics of the smartphone market have dramatically changed and Android and IOS are know the dominating operating systems and as a business person myself, I feel if you can't beat, join em if it means your survival.
    This!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:25 AM
    Dry runs for the rumoured slider edition, I suppose.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204
    08-09-15 10:29 AM
    Dry runs for the rumoured slider edition, I suppose.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204
    I heard that an Android Passport SE was in the works, but they cancelled it before it even reached beta-testing. My source got it from someone else, so it could be bull all together. But it would make sense if this device is really running Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:42 AM
    JC said something was in the works to close the app gap even further along time ago. And that we would be amazed as he snickered. Its not a full android deal but its closing the gap even more. BB10 will be running the Slider. Not droid.
    To be specific:

�Lack of applications has been one of our Achilles heel for the last couple of years,� said Chen, in response to the question.*�We�re doing two things about it.*I�m not at liberty to tell you what we�re doing beyond the Amazon app store, but we�re working hard at it.�

And what he said about the Slider, which could be hinting towards Android is:

�It's not just mechanically very innovative, it has a lot of different usage that you have to wait to see� John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 and missing_K-W like this.
    08-09-15 10:48 AM
    i don't mess with android like that on my PlayBook anymore since we're way past gingerbread but i did use a gingerbread (and some other) launcher on my Playbook, had the full UI on it it was just an app on the PlayBook and would pretty much turn it into a droid tablet. was cool... but it's android.. ya know? at the time i had a friend who loved tinkering with droid phones, rooting, tearing them apart and overclocking them etc etc- i kinda felt android has always existed for that purpose.

anyhow, don't see how that's not possible on BB10 phones.
    Exactly, the tinkering part is something a lot of people are beyond, which is one of my biggest gripes towards Android. I just want something simple that will fulfill my needs. BlackBerry 10 is simple and productive, but too simple in terms of apps. iOS is too simple in terms of OS, but you have all the apps. And then of course you have the keyboard, which is the biggest reason to stay with BlackBerry. I'm sliding off my own topic here, but just letting you know I catch your drift.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-09-15 10:52 AM
    http://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/c...kberry_venice/

Report from someone who has played around with a BlackBerry Venice with Android on it as base OS with BlackBerry skin

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 12:24 PM
    http://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/c...kberry_venice/

Report from someone who has played around with a BlackBerry Venice with Android on it as base OS with BlackBerry skin

Posted via CB10
    Someone with more recent experience is posting here (near the end of the thread):
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1032888

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-09-15 12:33 PM
    Meh, don't care for it. If BlackBerry moves to Android then I don't see the point of showing support for BlackBerry or encourage others to experience BB10 anymore. Nothing against Google but I just plain don't like Android and the way it works. Windows or iPhones here I come.
    I totally agree. Now, if they make both, I won't mind but I really have no interest in ever using android.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 12:36 PM
    I totally agree. Now, if they make both, I won't mind but I really have no interest in ever using android.

Posted via CB10
    If they made both then they would have to strip the Android Runtime out of the BB10 version. That might be a problem for many that depend on at least some basic apps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-09-15 12:50 PM
    Wonder what's been cooking but this time definitely sounds something big.

JC please announce it soon. We need it in our hands by sept end.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:10 PM
    If they made both then they would have to strip the Android Runtime out of the BB10 version. That might be a problem for many that depend on at least some basic apps.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    lol that other guy argueing about Google OHA wants a Cobalt powered BlackBerry device xD

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 01:19 PM
122 12345