Don't bash at me,i heard at some threads that android runtime has access to only two cores . Is it true?.....if it's true,it should tell a lot about new devices like leap being dual core(older but powerful) instead of newer 410 or 400 series(quad core though weeker)?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 10:40 PM
    Duel core or quad core it doesn't really matter. It's always Android followers that's always chasing the higher specs in the mobile phone battle. Apple still runs duel core on their current phones and their games and graphics run far more superior then Samsung octa core (8) processors. This is Android biggest downfall, too many Android manufacturers are competing for hardware specs to survive but don't care about optimizing their software with the hardware. Hence, why people called out Android as being too fragmented and lack of support after 6 months since the product is launch.

It's the overall experience that counts and BB10 was design to optimize their software with their hardware to the bones. For me it's not about the theoretical hardware specs, but it's the OS and apps that run buttery smooth with fewer crashes and make us of energy efficiently is what matters the most.
    04-15-15 11:25 PM
    Yes but u said it your self that android isn't optimized for single core performance,so for android runtime to work effectively more the cores more the power(note some weak arm a7 but a57 or something)....

the question I asked is not whether it is needed or not,the question I asked is whether passport utilizes full cpu performance when running android apps or whether it is limited to dual cores because BB couldn't optimize android runtime for many core design?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 12:01 AM
    Yes but u said it your self that android isn't optimized for single core performance,so for android runtime to work effectively more the cores more the power(note some weak arm a7 but a57 or something)....

the question I asked is not whether it is needed or not,the question I asked is whether passport utilizes full cpu performance when running android apps or whether it is limited to dual cores because BB couldn't optimize android runtime for many core design?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think this is true. Passport flies on Android apps does it not? And every other BlackBerry 10 device is dual core so how do you come to the conclusion that it only uses two cores tops?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 12:55 AM
    First of all I didn't come up with idea,i haven't even seen passport in real life,i heard somewhere in forums,and I was curious.
    But the performance boost can attributed to the upgraded core from z30 (krait dual) vs krait 400 core on passport (801) also not to mention the frequency upgrade also.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:04 AM
    First of all I didn't come up with idea,i haven't even seen passport in real life,i heard somewhere in forums,and I was curious.
    But the performance boost can attributed to the upgraded core from z30 (krait dual) vs krait 400 core on passport (801) also not to mention the frequency upgrade also.

Posted via CB10
    It would take further investigation and monitoring. If you have a beta OS you could monitor that more easily with the swipe top left function.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:34 AM
    I'm sure it was my post in another thread that prompted this discussion so I decided to run a test.

I downloaded the Android App "Hardware Info" using Snap and under the "Processor" tab it says 2 cores.

Android rt has access to only 2 cores?-img_20150416_061056.png

BTW, I have and use a Passport and I'm not at all disappointed with the app speed.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2726
    chrissmartin likes this.
    04-16-15 05:14 AM
    I'm sure it was my post in another thread that prompted this discussion so I decided to run a test.

I downloaded the Android App "Hardware Info" using Snap and under the "Processor" tab it says 2 cores.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150416_061056.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	347712

BTW, I have and use a Passport and I'm not at all disappointed with the app speed.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 10.3.1.2582 Sachesi upgraded to 10.3.1.2726
    Thanks for the info.Blackberry has not optimized Android runtime to take advantage of the extra performance,that is why they limited it to two cores. So in future updates,android runtime performance may increase by utilizing all the cores.BB10 is smooth on dual core,that is why they have released only one device which has quad core. So,when the next major update releases pray for BlackBerry to release android runtime update to Lollipop and support for multi core cpus.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 01:56 PM