Hi

I'm writing because it seems that I'm staring to have some issue with my Passport due to the android player and the battery life because in 10 minutes it lost 10% without using the phone, I have charged the phone, switched it on and 10 minutes later the battery indicator was 85% and suddenly it became really hot on the right side.
    All the app don't work once they are reduced to icon as stated in some thread about the battery life but this kind of operation isn't the solution.
    Any other idea?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 09:25 AM
    Reload the OS, would be my go to.

You could 1st try uninstalling any recently installed apps. Check Device Monitor to see what the CPU is doing.

Why do you say it's the Android "player"?
    05-14-18 10:06 AM
    I'd say it's android player because in device monitor and then CPU, all the apps are inactive, the system is 8% and android player constantly at 25%

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 10:52 AM
    Definitely uninstall all recently installed apps. Any Facebook alternative apps being used? Get rid of them.
    Most common problems arise from APK's so look closely at which ones may be the issue. One way would be to install Taskmanager. It's an APK and you can see which android apps are running and force close. Just hold your finger on said app in Taskmanager and kill it through android settings.
    05-14-18 10:57 AM
    Definitely uninstall all recently installed apps. Any Facebook alternative apps being used? Get rid of them.
    Most common problems arise from APK's so look closely at which ones may be the issue. One way would be to install Taskmanager. It's an APK and you can see which android apps are running and force close. Just hold your finger on said app in Taskmanager and kill it through android settings.
    Thx for the hint but it doesn't work. Installed taskmanager and killed all the app even with ghost commander but the android player in the device manager is still fixed at 25% and the device burn.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 11:22 AM
    I have had the problem too some week. Never had before as I'm aware of. I turned off the mobile and waited a while and when starting up things were normal. Then it has come back several times. I installed "task killer", another program and process killer to kill some running Android processes. I also deinstalled some newly installed apps and turned off features in apps that require ongoing processes. I don't know which caused the trouble, but for now it seems good. It seems that some android apps are very sticky, among the Opera.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 05-15-18 at 03:04 AM.
    05-14-18 03:29 PM
    I made a similar thing and followed the advice that it could be facebook. I uninstalled it, blocked all the apps when they are not used and now the things seem to be returned normal.
    Perhaps these the new APKs are sticky for BB10 and could create some trouble.
    Thx all for the help and the advices.
    Which kind of task killer did you installed? I found a couple of it in playstore but the do not kill anything because once I stopped the app, it restart again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Andy_aero; 05-15-18 at 02:19 AM.
    05-15-18 01:49 AM
    Good to hear it's better! It's called "Task killer" by RST38H. Some apps are killed, some are "reborn". I guess not the killers fault but the apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 03:03 AM
    Good to hear it's better! It's called "Task killer" by RST38H. Some apps are killed, some are "reborn". I guess not the killers fault but the apps.

Posted via CB10
    It was better now I reinstalled the OS and I'll try with the killer.
    I suppose that you must "kill" the apps that are running in background once it found them.
    Meanwhile thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 03:13 AM