If it were possible to install full Android on a Passport, I'll buy one just for that. I liked the way it ran in the video. To me, it would be the best Android device with a PKB.
    08-25-15 11:22 AM
    I would buy one, for sure. I've owned the original Passport, and used it for a few months until it got boring to me (I get bored of phones easily). Having an Android-powered Passport would be the best thing for me. I love the keyboard, but I love the options Android gives you. From the looks of it, we will have all the best features of BBOS10 and Android. To me, it's a no brainer.
    08-25-15 12:42 PM
    No, I wouldn't choose to dump BlackBerry 10 and load any form of Android onto my Passport. I like it the way it is.

However, change is inevitable in life. In the future I may try out whatever device (s) BlackBerry releases simply because it's a BlackBerry. That being said, I wish people here in this community would simply understand one thing: BlackBerry 10 isn't going to disappear or just stop working. BlackBerry has enterprise and Government clients that rely on BlackBerry security. That is only achieved using a BlackBerry handset running BlackBerry OS. Relax! Enjoy your current BlackBerry. The future of BlackBerry devices is uncertain to a degree. Do I control that? Of course not. Do you? Then why worry about it?

Posted one-handed via Passport
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    08-25-15 12:43 PM
    Why not? But if I have the option with BlackBerry 10 I will stay with BlackBerry 10!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-25-15 12:49 PM
    Not at all for me. This is BB10 and always will be. If they change to Android, i will quit for sure.

This is pure speculation...

If BlackBerry offered the chance to replace BB10 on your Passport by a simple download to install Android, would you do it? On specs alone, the Passport should handle Android very well. Naturally, it all depends on bootloader design and such.

Would you do it?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 12:56 PM
    Nope, nope and nope! I would never install Android on a Blackberry Passport even if I had the choice to. There's already 4000+ manufacturers running Android.
    extisis likes this.
    08-25-15 02:21 PM
    NEVER ... Android is slowing all things down, security goes down and damn ... that nagging for updates all the time, this is penetration and making me a slave of an OS instead being a working tool at my hands...!
    08-25-15 03:37 PM
    No. If BlackBerry will only offer Android, I will stay with the present OS on the passport until it dies. Then I will look for a Linux phone.
    I don't think that the government, Apple, Microsoft, Google, or BlackBerry have any right to have access to my phone or my laptop without my permission.
    08-25-15 03:56 PM
    Nope.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes to BB10 to get away from iOS and android. BBOS is great...hardware....meh.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-25-15 04:01 PM
    Yes,yes,yes!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:02 PM
    Hell no.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:03 PM
    Yes!!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:05 PM
    Are you kidding me??? BlackBerry is the best phone I've ever had!!!

BlackBerry Q5
    08-25-15 04:09 PM
    If I could only run one system, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! If there was the ability to dual boot, or run both at the same time (I'm currently working on that), I DEFINITELY WOULD.

BlackBerry Q5
    08-25-15 04:12 PM
    Probably not. I'd keep the Passport on BB10 and buy the Slider with Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:45 PM
    ... and again NO ...

I hate that iOS and Android behavior - e.g. I click turn on flight mode - and have to again click on a okay field for it to happen ... hell - this is like questioning what I just commanded the device to do ... this is penetration and degradation

It's like when you tell your secretary to get ready for a dictation or any other task and she does not confirm - but questions your decision "do you really want to do a dictation now...?" ... this person would slow down production flow and speed and you would eighter get her to stop this or fire her ... or him, of course ;-)

For deleting an app it is okay, but damn for turning flight mode on or off and rebooting your device etc...

Next step will be - okay you want to turn on flight mode as it seems - are you really sure ...!!!

am I the only one getting angry at that ??

just having my Q10 sent in for services now back on the Note 3 ...
    08-25-15 05:05 PM
    Never

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:37 PM
    No. If I wanted android, I would have a galaxy or an LG or an htc...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:47 PM
    Only if I can go back to BB10 easily

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 07:10 PM
    Blackberry needs to stick to BB.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-25-15 07:57 PM
    I could have bought an Android phone already. I wanted a BlackBerry 10 phone. I like BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 08:42 PM
    Sure. The problem I am having with BB10 is the lack of certain apps.

But I don't think it will work out properly.
    08-25-15 11:46 PM
    I probably would. Unfortunately the fb messenger on bb10 is crap and almost all my friends use it exclusively. Also my banking app doesn't work and their mobile site has less features. As long as the blackberry experience is there I'm in. I just really hope that an ugly virtual back key won't constantly take up 1/10 of the screen. That would be terrible on a 1:1 screen

edit: also i want android wear or a decent smartwatch like moto360 that has a blackberry app. pebble looks like a piece of ****

Posted via CB10
    Timbosaurus likes this.
    08-26-15 03:05 AM
    What is the point of having a blackberry device running android? Aside from the physical keyboard there isnt any single aspect of BB devices that would make people choose them over other android devices. Camera, screen, overall hardware, other android devices are better equipped. This will maybe retain some of us that are considering switching to android. Whatever happens it is always good to have the option to try it.
    08-26-15 07:31 AM
    No. But if no BlackBerry anymore then Win10 with BlackBerry Hub and update for same to PlayBook. But good lord not android or iOS.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 07:45 AM
116 ... 2345