Yep, without a doubt I would.
    08-24-15 12:40 PM
    Nope. Android is a piece of xxxx.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:46 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:51 PM
    Probably not. I have Google Play installed on my Passport, so if I need to run an Android app, I can.

I think the biggest issue for me is security and battery life. Although BBM running on Android is probably secure, I'm not sure I could get my 2 days of average use on an Android-powered Passport.

So what real advantages would Android on Passport have? The interface is not as good, battery life will suffer, and the phone will eventually slow down to a crawl. All the while compromising your data?

Doesn't seem to be a good value proposition.

However, if BlackBerry eventually gives up on BB10, then I supposed a BlackBerry Android implementation would be the next best thing.
    jwhi and theGUNNER like this.
    08-24-15 12:53 PM
    Security will be the biggest thing for me. Super curious as to how BB will develop the security side of things since it is obvious they WILL be providing android based devices in the future.

From watching this

It does look quite sexy on the Passport.
    08-24-15 12:55 PM
    I sure will if it's as secure, still have a hub, and most of the other futures I love my passport for. I consider this just a change is technology, it's always changing and I can say in our business, there is still some apps we need and definitely got some installed via Snap, and they don't work as well as they should. I can't wait to see where BlackBerry goes in the future. More changes, which I personally like change!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:57 PM
    You are absolutely right.
    08-24-15 12:58 PM
    A major part of me does not want to see Android pair with BlackBerry. Too loyal to BlackBerry to accept such a major change.
    08-24-15 12:59 PM
    No I wont convert it to android. As for specs the passport has decent proc and ram, but it will depend on the type of skin it gets. If it is pure android maybe, if not it will lag.
    08-24-15 01:13 PM
    Security will be the biggest thing for me. Super curious as to how BB will develop the security side of things since it is obvious they WILL be providing android based devices in the future.

From watching this

It does look quite sexy on the Passport.
    Other than repeating what everybody says, what makes you think BB is safer? Ive had android devices and never had any account hacked.
    08-24-15 01:17 PM
    Other than repeating what everybody says, what makes you think BB is safer? Ive had android devices and never had any account hacked.
    People believe 'safe' these days means when the big corporations (Apple, Google, etc) aren't collecting your usage data.

Then I laugh when they think BlackBerry isn't doing the same.
    sweeperdk, bodjor and Jerry A like this.
    08-24-15 01:21 PM
    Working in ITS we prefer BB security over say...a windows device or any other device. The architecture is designed in such a way that the entire communication data is managed by the blackberry servers in a highly secured manner. Consumer based perspective of things, I wouldn't care less whether it would be BB, iPhone, Android, etc. But as far as government sector side of it, BB has and will always be the way to go for us. They have a well established ecosystem to host servers, applications in its own network infrastructure.

When people are saying its secure, I'm sure they mean it from an IT policy more than anything. Corporate control and implementation.
    08-24-15 01:25 PM
    I've been using the S6 for the past couple of days, setting up my father's phone and the process is nothing less than harrowing. The entire OS feels so disjointed to me. The apps don't show up, the os thinks it knows more than you by putting widgets up front, you can't delete some widgets, apps vanish when you minimize, you have to press that button to get them to show up... why... why... why...

So to answer the question... I would not unless it is heavily skinned by BlackBerry to give me the BlackBerry 10 feel and flow. I need the hub as the android notification center is a joke

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:34 PM
    How feasible would it be for BB to make Android a downloadable upgrade?

I'd like to download Android on my Passport but I'm worried about not having the gestures, and the touch screen row on the keyboard being put above the trangle, circle and square. It will affect typing massively...
    08-24-15 01:39 PM
    In a word - Yes.

Not stock Android - if BlackBerry delivers a well executed possibly hypervisor'd secure workplace / integrated bb10 experience, we have a great option.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:48 PM
    Hell no.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:49 PM
    Sure!, where's the autoloader?
    Tessoro Desoto likes this.
    08-24-15 01:51 PM
    I would definitely give it a chance.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:52 PM
    Yes. I'm here for the hub and the hardware. App compatibility (even though now much improved) is still a PITA on bb10. And I'd like widgets

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:04 PM
    I am on Z30, want to get a SE but probably won't until the Z30 has gone. So that might take a while. If BB10 is gone at that time...who knows what will be out there? Maybe by then Linux will have a respectable phone. The future is uncertain . It always is.

 Pr1ngle
    jakie55 likes this.
    08-24-15 05:46 PM
    I will defiantly try it when it's available
    Android on a passport or slider is pretty cool
    08-24-15 06:56 PM
    No, might as well buy a Nexus or a Oneplus 2. I would have to wait on the second or third blackberry phone using android. Not being a test subject for Blackberry again like with the playbook.
    08-24-15 09:16 PM
    Hell no, BB10 for life!!

Posted via the amazing Passport
    08-24-15 09:23 PM
    No need or desire to. Does everything that I have ever thrown at it, and that includes a concrete floor
    08-24-15 11:20 PM
116 1234 ...