And news about Lollipop on PlayBook ?
    ... Dontbogartthaaaaaat...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-16 05:44 PM
    Sounds good

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 05:40 AM
    i think we're living in a bubble.
    even if 1,000 passport owners wanted the android update it wouldn't be nearly enough to fund their release and development cycle for it let alone googles 1:1 ratio issue...
    Yeah, frankly the idea of this never really made sense. The Passport is too unique and niche, surely. Nobody who develops apps does it with 1:1 aspect ratio in mind.
    10-01-16 07:32 PM
    What a tease! Lost my passport SE in Feb and was forced to use an Edge 6+ all thus time, but after catching up reading crackberry yesterday and the price drop, I couldn't resist and will have a shiny new SE SQW-100-4 from Amazon tomorrow! It was a hard decision vs the Priv.
    I remember all the pains in the butt side loading, installing beta OS's apps crashing etc...has the process gotten any better/easier? If I want to be fully updated and play store capable,what are the latest do's and donts?
    Whats the latest OS I can get?
    Still using Snap V3?
    Cobalt still a thing I need?
    Better yet, before I do all this, can any genius out there install an Android OS?? Dreaming I know. Appreciate any tips, catching up on this years updates is daunting.
    Crackberry 4 life!
    10-03-16 02:44 AM
    Even if it technically possible (which I'm not sure it is), would you also sign a waiver acknowledging that you will not receive any updates or support, and would not hold BlackBerry responsible if the device bricks?
    I don't think that would be a deterent. There isn't really any support and there hasn't been any updates in over a year
    10-03-16 07:03 AM
    Could you elaborate on "crackberry for life" from an edge 6+

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 07:54 AM
    What if they firesale because there will be a way to convert from an existing BB10 device to an Android OS

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    10-04-16 09:54 PM
    What if they firesale because there will be a way to convert from an existing BB10 device to an Android OS

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    Occam's razor...
    zephyr613 likes this.
    10-04-16 09:58 PM
    Not sure if this was a joke or not, but No store in the US carries BB10 phones so after in lost my passport TMobile could only offer me a droid and needing one that day I was forced to get the Galaxy...no time to order unlocked...happy?
    blackberry since 2003, crackberry for life.
    10-05-16 01:23 AM
    Can anyone please tell how to install android on passport please

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 07:10 AM
    Sir, how did you load android in BlackBerry passport

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 07:30 AM
    Can anyone please tell how to install android on passport please

Posted via CB10
    No way. Except having sh*tloads of time with team of experts that have significant experience in soldering included.
    10-05-16 08:01 AM
    Not sure if this was a joke or not, but No store in the US carries BB10 phones so after in lost my passport TMobile could only offer me a droid and needing one that day I was forced to get the Galaxy...no time to order unlocked...happy?
    blackberry since 2003, crackberry for life.
    Could you elaborate on "crackberry for life" from an edge 6+

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 09:23 AM
    Received a call from blackberry this morning, telling me that i am in posession of stolen property, and that the device will need to be returned to them. Therefore, i will not be answering any more questions.
    Tell them if they want it back you will need a new dtek50, dtek60, and the new keyboard phone

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 11:36 PM
    Tell them if they want it back you will need a new dtek50, dtek60, and the new keyboard phone

Posted via CB10
    You need to read the entire thread before jumping to the reply button.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 06:29 AM
    Where did you buy from...amazon??
    10-06-16 01:54 PM
    I only have two left!!!!

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-06-16 02:02 PM
    So it finally came in the mail this afternoon, I've had a few hours to play around with it, and so far everything seems to be working very well.
    10-08-16 11:22 PM
    No offense to the OP, but this why I don't say whether or not I'm buying these devices when they come up. Everyone is all 'CB should buy it', 'Bla1ze should buy it'.. that's just putting it out there. Plus, even if I did, I would create the content I wanted with it BEFORE I posted a 'here it is' lol. Not 'here it is, I'll do more with it later!' This is where having been around here for nearly 10 years pays off, this has happened before and will happen again. BlackBerry will always come looking for their property if it was never meant to be in the hands of the public.

Op should have:

• Bought it. Said nothing.
    • Take pics, take video, do everything he wanted to do with it.
    • Then post it.
    • Disappear for a few days

#LifeLessonsWithBla1ze

At least now we know why the sellar was so quick with the sell and didn't wait for a bidding war hahahaha
    10-09-16 01:01 AM
    Where can you buy this?

10-09-16 03:39 PM
    Where can you buy this?

From one of the few BlackBerry employees that may still have one, though they are probably not allowed to sale them to the Public. This was a one in a million chance that probably won't happen again Tell the devices are completely obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 03:53 PM
    From what I've heard that device cannot be updated. Personally I think BB10 with the Play Store via Cobalt is the perfect compromise...all the fluidity and functionality of BB10 OS with the Android apps everyone wants. I think Snap Chat is one of the few that plain doesn't work but other than that I have all the apps I need and don't need to run full Android to get them.

Posted via CB10
    It's close, unless you are in my situation, where we use Google mail / hangouts for work with dual factor authentication. That seems to bring things crashing to a halt, sadly.

Will be going for a PRIV (or possibly Mercury) when my current contract is up.
    10-09-16 04:04 PM
    What is the android version?
    Does it log into play store without trouble?
    Please install an old version of any apk to see if play store will detect it and offer to update.
    If you install dtek app what does it say?
    10-09-16 04:21 PM
    This was a PR stunt to gauge interest for Mercury.
    10-09-16 04:38 PM
248 ... 78910