It would not shock me to find out that BlackBerry gives him a device of his choice. I have heard of them doing this in the past when stolen devices are peacefully returned. Crossing my fingers for you Anand.
    09-27-16 02:13 PM
    Gives me a thrill, knowing that they r following this thread
    Cm'on say it that u r not.
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-16 02:16 PM
    Even if it technically possible (which I'm not sure it is), would you also sign a waiver acknowledging that you will not receive any updates or support, and would not hold BlackBerry responsible if the device bricks?
    No, i need updates & a year's guarantee.
    09-27-16 02:22 PM
    Woah. Would've been hilarious if Bla1ze was the one to purchase this device. Unless of course he was going after it on behalf of BlackBerry.

No offense to the OP, but this why I don't say whether or not I'm buying these devices when they come up. Everyone is all 'CB should buy it', 'Bla1ze should buy it'.. that's just putting it out there. Plus, even if I did, I would create the content I wanted with it BEFORE I posted a 'here it is' lol. Not 'here it is, I'll do more with it later!' This is where having been around here for nearly 10 years pays off, this has happened before and will happen again. BlackBerry will always come looking for their property if it was never meant to be in the hands of the public.

Op should have:

• Bought it. Said nothing.
    • Take pics, take video, do everything he wanted to do with it.
    • Then post it.
    • Disappear for a few days

#LifeLessonsWithBla1ze

The Android Passport has Arrived!-maxresdefault.jpg
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-27-16 at 02:42 PM.
    09-27-16 02:32 PM
    At least it was fun while it lasted.
    09-27-16 02:42 PM
    Dam I'm sooooo jealous, we should start a blackberry petition, to start allowing passport users to upgrade to android if so wished!! Come on blackberry you have to reading all these posts, get a move on and allow us to play on android

Posted via CB10
    Ij888 likes this.
    09-27-16 03:45 PM
    Could this be a test to see the real interest of the bb10 community ?
    At least we could hope so !

This device is absolutely stunning in terms of balance of embedded technology really usable. Some things could be improved like radio sensitivity in weak 4g coverage, power management to prevent excessive heating, preservation of battery while being off (for example a Ngood old okia e61 can still stay 2 months off and have still 80% left if you wake it contrary to the passport, after a few days off, you have to replug it for a charge) despite having a monster battery.

The industrial design is adorable, it is not a normal one hand phone, nor a tablet, it is alone in his category, and very special.
    Form factor could be improved to better match standard smartphone sizes, and be more casual, to avoid the question : what is your [weird] phone ? The passport (identity paper) size is impractical anyway.

For instance I do not use the passport to make calls. It is a secondary device for mail, Web use. I would also use it as a photo previewer thaks to the microsd slot.

On the keyboard, I still miss physical number touches especially to make a call fast, and manipulate spreadsheets.
    I miss the alt button to switch to special characters and numbers.
    But I like too the simplicity of the one purpose touches...
    Overall, this keyboard is just inspiring, just like in the old handwriters days.

It seems not waterproof, but I'm pretty sure it could be overcome.

Android would simply be a must for me as a casual and business user even with no hardware changes, at least for the time being. Teasing a Passport 3 with improved user friendlyness in both hardware and software would create attention among the community. No need to be of the uttermost power if it is to be wasted in heat, but enough to be fluid for most tasks.

Of course, I'm against Google way of big data enrichment of people's habits with tacite acknowledgement, but for instance the powerful tools brought by Google (geolocalisation) just are incomparable in contrast to the data privacy lost in everyday use. I'm sure BB could help to protect our privacy by pursuing the hardware+software strategy.

Please keep the led ! I just miss it since switched to iphones which was back in the days of the not so perfect HTC windows mobile pdaphones. I hardly know blackberry, but I was young at the blossoming time

Please keep the audio jack !

Please keep the price smart : not too high so that it can be renewed more frequently (for instance BlackBerry devices lose value far faster than iphones, but the new iPhone 7 is simply too high even for a technology enthusiast), not too low to keep a high level quality and embedded features, and a targeted audience.

More simple would you keep bb10 alive : please make bb10 compatible with openvpn ! (android should do that I imagine, since even an iPhone can do that)

BB10 usage flow and fluidity is great, but not up to date with cloud services and apps. So was Symbian s60...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 03:47 PM
    As per request of the Blackberry representative, I will not be posting any information about the device or the situation until further notice.
    Dam, can't believe they can do this, hope you get your money back, and a little extra for your trouble too.

Blackberry must be reading these posts so here goes again.....

DEAR BLACKBERRY, PLEASE HURRY UP AND RELEASE A UPDATE TO BB10 AND A UPDATE THAT WILL ALLOW USERS OF PASSPORTS TO CHANGE TO ANDROID, AND WHILST YOUR READING THIS, SORT OUT WHATS APP!! OH PS IF ANDROID IS RELEASED ON PASSPORTS I'M SURE THEY WILL SELL LIKE HOTCAKES!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 03:53 PM
    Yes it is. I paid $260+$20 shipping.
    That's Canadian dollars right? Wow under 200 US = 175� what a steal. I would have paid way more than twice that if I knew it was real.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 03:59 PM
    Dam, can't believe they can do this, hope you get your money back, and a little extra for your trouble too.

Blackberry must be reading these posts so here goes again.....

DEAR BLACKBERRY, PLEASE HURRY UP AND RELEASE A UPDATE TO BB10 AND A UPDATE THAT WILL ALLOW USERS OF PASSPORTS TO CHANGE TO ANDROID, AND WHILST YOUR READING THIS, SORT OUT WHATS APP!! OH PS IF ANDROID IS RELEASED ON PASSPORTS I'M SURE THEY WILL SELL LIKE HOTCAKES!!!

Posted via CB10
    1: BB10 is dead, asking for an update is like me yelling that I WANT UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 95!

2: Passport is like 3 years old, and not many people have them. Why waste time putting Android on it beyond using it as a test device for Android for the Priv, and DTEK

3: What's app doesnt make apps for a dead OS, just like Activision doesn't make games for the Dreamcast.
    09-27-16 04:01 PM
    1: BB10 is dead, asking for an update is like me yelling that I WANT UPDATES FOR WINDOWS 95!

2: Passport is like 3 years old, and not many people have them. Why waste time putting Android on it beyond using it as a test device for Android for the Priv, and DTEK

3: What's app doesnt make apps for a dead OS, just like Activision doesn't make games for the Dreamcast.
    Well either way, I'm still yelling for a update too my bb10, still yelling for android, and what's app, well I'm just joinging in with everyone else!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 04:02 PM
    Well either way, I'm still yelling for a update too my bb10, still yelling for android, and what's app, well I'm just joinging in with everyone else!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Understandable, as I want a Perfect Dark sequel that doesn't suck . Oh and a Priv II, oh, and Blend for Android (Or something equal that doesn't suck)
    09-27-16 04:06 PM
    Received a call from blackberry this morning, telling me that i am in posession of stolen property, and that the device will need to be returned to them. Therefore, i will not be answering any more questions.
    S!it they should at least give you the new DTEK 60 in exchange ):

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 04:07 PM
    Does this mean BlackBerry employees lurk around crackberry and monitor our postings?

Passport!
    They are a few that monitor to help out with things and I'm sure my others on the down low.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 04:09 PM
    I would pay for an android update for Passport.

#AndroidBBPassport

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 04:19 PM
    Upload the OS and see what happens. Ill grab some popcorn from a good far distance away from IT. hahahah

Too bad should have known it was stolen property.
    09-27-16 04:48 PM
    I hope you kept the info of the seller. Again this is BB property so they will probably seek out him/her and maybe prosecute.
    09-27-16 04:56 PM
    I hope you kept the info of the seller. Again this is BB property so they will probably seek out him/her and maybe prosecute.
    I'm sure all they really want is their property back.
    09-27-16 05:02 PM
    Would like to know if the Play/Pause button is actually that or just a mute button. I won't live without my Play /Pause button on BB10 devices. On android you have to wake the phone up/ type a code if necessary/ navigate to the open app if the running window isn't in the fore front/ press the play/pause software button on the screen. That totally sucks.

On BB10 you can click it any time even if the device is locked to play/pause any media playing. Same goes for restarting the media.

Posted via CB10
    Guess you've never seen a lock screen media widget on Android. Doesn't totally suck.
    09-27-16 05:12 PM
    That's Canadian dollars right? Wow under 200 US = 175€ what a steal. I would have paid way more than twice that if I knew it was real.
    That's the thing... everybody saw the ad, but few were willing to risk 200 US on it, not knowing if it was real or not.
    09-27-16 05:36 PM
    My HP Touchpad (2011) will be getting Marshmallow, and maybe even Nougat, but my Dell Venue 8 7000 (2015) will probably be stuck on Lollipop... (granted, it's enthusiast supported vs original manufacturer)
    09-27-16 05:39 PM
    That's the thing... everybody saw the ad, but few were willing to risk 200 US on it, not knowing if it was real or not.
    Well it turns out it was apparently stolen, so unless BlackBerry compensates the OP it was a loss.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 05:41 PM
    Well it turns out it was apparently stolen, so unless BlackBerry compensates the OP it was a loss.
    Exactly. Only the OP was willing to risk the funds. Everybody else only gave it lip service... "I'd be willing to pay X"...
    09-27-16 05:45 PM
    Exactly. Only the OP was willing to risk the funds. Everybody else only gave it lip service... "I'd be willing to pay X"...
    Well actually the OP paid before this hit CB, even Bla1ze said that he tried to over bid, but no dice with the seller.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 05:51 PM
    Received a call from blackberry this morning, telling me that i am in posession of stolen property, and that the device will need to be returned to them. Therefore, i will not be answering any more questions.
    Make sure that blackberry representative is legit. Who knows someone might try to scam.
    09-27-16 06:08 PM
248 ... 34567 ...