Is that the only one in the wild?

Posted via CB10 UK
    09-27-16 11:32 AM
    Does this mean BlackBerry employees lurk around crackberry and monitor our postings?

Passport!
    09-27-16 11:33 AM
    Oops

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-27-16 11:33 AM
    F them! Don't give it back. How did they get your number and info?

Posted via CB10
    BBM Pin is shown with his user profile.
    09-27-16 11:40 AM
    Does this mean BlackBerry employees lurk around crackberry and monitor our postings?

Passport!
    I'd bet they do on occasion.
    But this is a special situation where it's simple enough to search for the term android + passport.
    And there was a write-up on the CB mainpage that brought attention to the sellers classified add.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 11:54 AM
    Yes it is. I paid $260+$20 shipping.
    Damn it, I want it!
    09-27-16 11:55 AM
    That's lame as far as the stolen property angle.

Not for resale, doesn't imply ownership, it simply means you can't resell it.

So, you should be able to get your money back AND keep the phone ,that way it doesn't violate the resale part

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-16 12:05 PM
    As per request of the Blackberry representative, I will not be posting any information about the device or the situation until further notice.
    09-27-16 12:08 PM
    Wow, just saw this today and was following the story with interest. Sad to hear that you have to return it, but hope that you are able to get back the money you paid for it.

It is BlackBerry's property, so I do understand that they want it back.
    09-27-16 12:16 PM
    Received a call from blackberry this morning, telling me that i am in posession of stolen property, and that the device will need to be returned to them. Therefore, i will not be answering any more questions.
    I new this was too good to last.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    09-27-16 12:26 PM
    The phone selling for us$ 240 makes complete sense now. The issue of resale does not arise. The phone was STOLEN, anyone in its possession can b questioned.
    09-27-16 12:32 PM
    [QUOTE=anandsihra;12602873]So it finally came in the mail this afternoon, I've had a few hours to play around with it, and so far everything seems to be working very well. No glitches or hangups to report, all my apps loaded on flawlessly, and there has not been any force closes on any of them so far. Blackberry Hub and Privacy Dashboard are on it, not too sure what is preloaded on a Priv so I can't compare. Any other questions, I'd be happy to answer.

QUOTE]

Would like to know if the Play/Pause button is actually that or just a mute button. I won't live without my Play /Pause button on BB10 devices. On android you have to wake the phone up/ type a code if necessary/ navigate to the open app if the running window isn't in the fore front/ press the play/pause software button on the screen. That totally sucks.

On BB10 you can click it any time even if the device is locked to play/pause any media playing. Same goes for restarting the media.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 12:40 PM
    Received a call from blackberry this morning, telling me that i am in posession of stolen property, and that the device will need to be returned to them. Therefore, i will not be answering any more questions.
    Woah. Would've been hilarious if Bla1ze was the one to purchase this device. Unless of course he was going after it on behalf of BlackBerry.
    09-27-16 12:45 PM
    Would like to know if the Play/Pause button is actually that or just a mute button. I won't live without my Play /Pause button on BB10 devices. On android you have to wake the phone up/ type a code if necessary/ navigate to the open app if the running window isn't in the fore front/ press the play/pause software button on the screen. That totally sucks.

On BB10 you can click it any time even if the device is locked to play/pause any media playing. Same goes for restarting the media.

Posted via CB10
    The things some people base their phone choices on... Can't you just get a headset with a play button?
    09-27-16 01:03 PM
    The address that they gave for "return" didn't happen to be a PO box in Detroit, did it?
    Oh well, if it seems legitimate you are probably left holding the bag. They don't have to compensate you except for shipping and a reasonable handling fee.

I'd wager that post #57 is what triggered their response. A couple of fanboys with PassPorts probably is not worth the effort but they can't let a cloning operation stand.
    09-27-16 01:22 PM

I'd wager that post #57 is what triggered their response. A couple of fanboys with PassPorts probably is not worth the effort but they can't let a cloning operation stand.
    Exactly !!!!
    Y even take a chance ??
    With the Android passport demand surging in here, they wud rather squeeze out as much from bb10 passports turning em to Androids as they cud. Y let another one get the dough ??
    If that is at all possible.

09-27-16 01:32 PM
    I hope BlackBerry makes you "whole", even though technically it's known to be their property. They could have demanded it from the seller, instead of you.
    09-27-16 01:35 PM
    Exactly !!!!
    Y even take a chance ??
    With the Android passport demand surging in here, they wud rather squeeze out as much from bb10 passports turning em to Androids as they cud. Y let another one get the dough ??
    If that is at all possible.
    The possibility of turning a BB10 Passport into an Android Passport might increase demand for new Passports, even if the user knows that BlackBerry wouldn't support it.
    09-27-16 01:41 PM
    Cud this b a Blackberry implant to increase the demand for passports ?????

09-27-16 01:46 PM
    Cud this b a Blackberry implant to increase the demand for passports ?????

I thought that. The whole thing, the seller, the buyer, me, CB. Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 01:53 PM
    I thought that. The whole thing, the seller, the buyer, me, CB. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Military rule - a chain of events too unnatural to b coincidental are usually not.

09-27-16 01:55 PM
    Military rule - a chain of events too unnatural to b coincidental are usually not.

Can't imagine this is on purpose simply to stir up the interest in a dozen or so crackberry fans.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    09-27-16 01:58 PM
    Can't imagine this is on purpose simply to stir up the interest in a dozen or so crackberry fans.
    Hav there been leaks on crackberry earlier, which hav helped in spreading the word about a certain device ?

09-27-16 02:05 PM
    To be fair, the news spread from CB to a number of other tech sites. Of course they credited Chris with finding the Kijiji Ad, and not HaberNik. Still hurting.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 02:08 PM
    IF & a big IF, passports can be converted into Androids by bb, can this also b done to other bb phones running bb10 ? They were exploring 'alternative options' for WhatsApp.

09-27-16 02:12 PM
248 ... 23456 ...