12-19-17 10:21 AM
    12-19-17 10:22 AM
    Translation: “Finally got hold of the legendary Android Passport SE, it’s running Android 5.1, it’s extremely slow to use.”
    FuzzyManas and anon(8679041) like this.
    12-19-17 11:42 AM
    One can run almost anything on almost everything. Win95 on iPhone, Ubuntu on a GPS tracker, Android on Passport. The main question is: what can be done on such a device after OS has started? Usually, nothing but a few actions. Maybe, if it is not a photoshop, that Android on that Passport even allows to run some apps, but I bet it hasn't even an appropriate smart card, keyboard, hyroscope or proximity sensor firmware, e.g.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by arfeo; 12-19-17 at 12:47 PM.
    12-19-17 12:08 PM
    Is this just ONE machine?
    12-19-17 12:08 PM
    There WAS a Passport running Android. In fact, before the Priv was released we saw exactly this, a Passport SE running Android. There is no question that there were some rest units kicking around. I am pretty sure that someone on CB actually found one for sale on Craigslist and bought it at a pretty decent price.

There are many things that exist... it doesn't mean that they are readily available. I could integrate a Bluetooth receiver into a Teddy Ruxpin, but that doesn't mean you'd be able to find one at your local Walmart. :P
    12-19-17 01:07 PM
    It's a engineer model.
    12-19-17 05:29 PM
    im sure its next to useless to use but id be curious if it could be rooted to improve it.
    12-21-17 08:12 AM
    why would it be slow?

Posted via CBX
    12-21-17 08:19 AM
    why would it be slow?

Posted via CBX
    Maybe because of lack of some vital drivers?..
    12-21-17 08:29 AM
    There WAS a Passport running Android. In fact, before the Priv was released we saw exactly this, a Passport SE running Android. There is no question that there were some rest units kicking around. I am pretty sure that someone on CB actually found one for sale on Craigslist and bought it at a pretty decent price.

There are many things that exist... it doesn't mean that they are readily available. I could integrate a Bluetooth receiver into a Teddy Ruxpin, but that doesn't mean you'd be able to find one at your local Walmart. :P
    This is correct and BlackBerry got wind of it because he posted details of it on here and they took it away from him as it was stolen property, they did give him a new passport in exchange for it though.

The Android passport was purely a test handset made by BlackBerry and was never intended to be a consumer device.

You cannot run Android on a passport as the hardware is coded not to allow anything that isn't signed off by BlackBerry.

There was I believe a fake Chinese passport running Android and maybe this is one of those so the internals are not the same as a passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 09:31 AM
    why would it be slow?

Posted via CBX
    Since these were all internal testing devices they're running prerelease versions of the software on Privs when they shipped. That it's running the same 8974 as the Passport doesn't help either.
    12-21-17 10:15 AM
    I would pay myself sick to get that one, absolutely loved the passport and all apps i use support lollipop ;_;
    12-21-17 10:31 AM
    Maybe because of lack of some vital drivers?..
    Well if we had it we could tset it!
    And hence the BB made it seems impossible that they forget to develop drivers for it even knowing it was just a test bed for priv!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-17 04:48 AM
    A fake? It would be great to have a fake of passport/classic/keyone. At least it can means a keyboard, and a rooteable android, a non patched google services ...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 03:55 AM