11-25-21 03:34 PM
189 ... 678
tools
    Guys you don't need proof of fake, you need just one proof of true, and you don't have one. No videos, no photo of good quality, and besides that as previously mentioned, bootloader is not on eMMC! It's all fake.

Posted via CB10
    mikael11 likes this.
    11-19-21 12:18 PM
    Guys you don't need proof of fake, you need just one proof of true, and you don't have one. No videos, no photo of good quality, and besides that as previously mentioned, bootloader is not on eMMC! It's all fake.

Posted via CB10
    He specifically told us that he doesn't have it working yet. I assumed those photos were just to get our mouths watering. Last he posted he said he's waiting on parts being shipped from China that would hopefully work, as his project wouldn't work with the parts he had.
    He hasn't ripped anyone off that I'm aware.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-19-21 10:11 PM
    A problem I see is how are you gonna get a keyboard app to play nice with that 3-row keyboard, aside from maybe Kika?

Seems better to focus on trying to do this to the Priv or KEY2
    11-20-21 10:05 PM
    A problem I see is how are you gonna get a keyboard app to play nice with that 3-row keyboard, aside from maybe Kika?

Seems better to focus on trying to do this to the Priv or KEY2
    There was some prototypes of Passport on Android, so BlackBerry keyboard should know how to handle it.
    11-21-21 03:55 AM
    He specifically told us that he doesn't have it working yet. I assumed those photos were just to get our mouths watering. Last he posted he said he's waiting on parts being shipped from China that would hopefully work, as his project wouldn't work with the parts he had.
    He hasn't ripped anyone off that I'm aware.
    He sent the donations back - at least mine- and hasn't said a word since then.

Hard to say if the project is closed or we are just waiting for the pieces.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-21-21 04:08 AM
    In my opinion, he was really working on something and believed he could achieve this conversion, but he probably realized later during the process that it was unfeasible.
    11-21-21 04:22 AM
    In my opinion, he was really working on something and believed he could achieve this conversion, but he probably realized later during the process that it was unfeasible.
    He seemed the kind of person that would tell us if he hit a wall.
    11-22-21 12:22 AM
    He used to give updates every week, but now nothing for a long time..
    11-22-21 12:21 PM
    I wouldn’t write the project off but I do think it will not ever get to working stage on bb10 devices at least. The hardware is just not worth it. Getting a Key device on 11 or 12 would be a much much better choice to devote energy into.
    11-22-21 12:38 PM
    He seemed the kind of person that would tell us if he hit a wall.
    Maybe he needed more donations?
    11-22-21 12:41 PM
    I strongly believe that he may be hesitating to go forward with this project because he can't be sure if volte will work with the passport.
    Or maybe he's trying to track down a prototype to help him mod a regular passport.
    11-23-21 06:09 PM
    I strongly believe that he may be hesitating to go forward with this project because he can't be sure if volte will work with the passport.
    Or maybe he's trying to track down a prototype to help him mod a regular passport.
    Maybe it's just a hobby and he's busy with details of life?
    11-23-21 06:53 PM
    He was considering other phones as well... even was taking up a collection. Doing a PRIV or KEY makes a lot more sense as their hardware has a better chance in a post 3G shutdown era, as in running Android 9+. But some have pointed out the Boot ROM security isn't on the storage chip.... Maybe he is trying to replace other parts as well.....
    11-24-21 08:26 AM
    He indicated he will update on Dec. 1st. I'll wait and see. In the meantime, I've replaced my Key1 Bronze (64GB dual sim) with a Google Pixel 3a running Graphene OS.
    11-25-21 03:34 PM
189 ... 678