Yes it would be nice to know for sure these devices are safe....

But in the end they had malware issues in the past, and I doubt Unihertz has anything to do with the software on these phones. With shipments under 3K units, they are just using the stock software that the outsourced manufacture is offering them as part of a "package".

Unihertz shows you their whole team on the Kickstarter pages... there are no software engineers. They do list an Intern, an Art Designer, a Photographer....

OBLUE Communication Technology Co.,Ltd is who you are trusting to build you a safe phone and provide software that is malware free.... if your trust is that good, that's fine.
    Thanks!
    Oblue is a trademark of AGold Communication Co. Ltd. it seems - situated in Shanghai. I neither trust or distrust them, impossible to make a judgement. Their website is here, http://agoldcomm.com/en-us/about.asp?/221.html
    Simple but not scaring me

Skickat från min Titan Slim via Tapatalk
    11-01-22 12:20 PM
    Understood.... What a pity that it was never completed.
    I think the pity is the time and effort he put into it... without first making sure it was even possible.

He built a website, created some social media site and did an email mailing list and sent out a pretty big price list of different option... without even knowing if any of this could be done. He did talk like he had gotten to the point he was trying to do drivers, but had to wait on a new expensive piece of equipment to continue. In the end others pointed out it wasn't possible to just swap the storge and load another OS. But as he never posted any real pictures or video, I don't know how far he got or what was possible. Might be a pity he never finished, might be a pity he got folks hope up over something that wasn't possible to begin with.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-01-22 01:09 PM
    Greetings loyal followers (and haters).

I've been quietly working on this project for the last few months with some success.

Being that I am solely focusing on modifying the dozen BB PP SE's I have (for now)...

Android on Passport. (conversion)-20230306_171012.jpg

I no longer have the need for any of my SQW-100-3 AT&T devices. (3) of them are fully refurbished, autoloader updated to 10.3.03.3216, and include 128GB sdxc cards with exfat drivers installed. And yes, moved pass BB ID prompts to home page.

Android on Passport. (conversion)-20230306_171150.jpg

I'm looking for (3) donations in exchange for them via CB market place (to be listed soon with pics and details).

Let me know if you are interested, and how much you can donate towards this cause.
    Looking to acquire a chip programmer.

Thanks!
    Android on Passport
    Thomas Jo likes this.
    03-06-23 07:42 PM
    Oh, I forgot to mention the progress I have made.

Here are some pic's...

Fastboot access:

Android on Passport. (conversion)-20230306_163129.jpg

Bootloader access:

Android on Passport. (conversion)-20230306_162916.jpg

Partition access to system files:

Android on Passport. (conversion)-20230306_161302.jpg

Extracted package files:

Android on Passport. (conversion)-20230306_161805.jpg
    Android on Passport. (conversion)-20230306_162005.jpg

Phone works on T-Mobile LTE and has access to Play Store.

That's it for now.

Thanks for looking.
    Android on Passport
    03-06-23 07:58 PM
    At this point wouldn't any of Unihertz Titan models be a more viable choice ? Why exactly would somebody choose to do this instead?
    03-06-23 09:23 PM
    Hello @androidonpassport and thank you for the update but I'm still skeptical. Your browser shows a page (https://www.tldp.org/en/Linux-Androi...d-HOWTO-2.html) that clearly is a Linux tutorial for beginners, which raises concerns about your ability/credibility. Don't get me wrong, I would encourage any initiative like this one but as a programmer myself, I can't figure out why you need a tutorial to perform a basic adb shell task. I'm sure you already have a stock Android Passport (a few are floating around and pictures shows the Lollipop logo and Oslo references which was the Passport Android project) and attempt to dump its content and flash it to other devices but nothing more... I may be wrong but I think you should give more insight about how you are working...
    And please, don't just tell that I'm a hater but instead answer by giving details about your process...
    Last edited by guizmox; 03-07-23 at 01:37 AM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Thomas Jo like this.
    03-07-23 01:23 AM
    At this point wouldn't any of Unihertz Titan models be a more viable choice ? Why exactly would somebody choose to do this instead?
    A Titan would certainly a much cheaper option based on his last "story" that he'd need to replace the whole chipset and not just the eMMC storage chip. That did line up with what other members here said would be required, but it put the cost of the project beyond the realm of reasonability.

Maybe the new chip programmer is so he can go back to his original idea of just replacing the eMMC?
    03-07-23 07:20 AM
    Greetings loyal followers (and haters).

I'm looking for (3) donations in exchange for them via CB market place (to be listed soon with pics and details).
    I think you have to have at least 50 post to be able to put a listing in the CrackBerry Marketplace...
    03-07-23 09:20 AM
    Hello @androidonpassport and thank you for the update but I'm still skeptical. Your browser shows a page (https://www.tldp.org/en/Linux-Androi...d-HOWTO-2.html) that clearly is a Linux tutorial for beginners, which raises concerns about your ability/credibility. Don't get me wrong, I would encourage any initiative like this one but as a programmer myself, I can't figure out why you need a tutorial to perform a basic adb shell task. I'm sure you already have a stock Android Passport (a few are floating around and pictures shows the Lollipop logo and Oslo references which was the Passport Android project) and attempt to dump its content and flash it to other devices but nothing more... I may be wrong but I think you should give more insight about how you are working...
    And please, don't just tell that I'm a hater but instead answer by giving details about your process...
    I agree with guizmox and D3. You seem to not clearly state the following:

1. Do you have a Passport running Android and with increased RAM? (Your original objective)
    2. What version of Android is it running?
    3. Is it a new SOC (your latest stated technical intent in your last update) or the existing SOC? If the latter, how did you crack the bootloader?
    03-07-23 10:02 AM
    Me thinks more and more, this whole thing appears as teen daughters say, rather "SUS" I quote directly...
    03-07-23 02:42 PM
    I'm happy that there has need some progress but after using the Key2 I would prefer the conversion on a Classic and not a Passport. Also not even sure if I want android. I'd rater take a Classic that worked on 4G with original OS.
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    03-07-23 07:10 PM
    I'm happy that there has need some progress but after using the Key2 I would prefer the conversion on a Classic and not a Passport. Also not even sure if I want android. I'd rater take a Classic that worked on 4G with original OS.
    Yes, updating BB10 would be the thing and screw the apps. A task worthy of a stalwart soldier.
    03-07-23 07:22 PM
    So a dead unicorn ?
    03-07-23 07:30 PM
    I'm just saying I hate android on the Key2 so much I'd rather use BB10. I also realized how badly I need a track pad/ball. I don't know how slabs are usable without them.
    03-07-23 07:31 PM
    I'm just saying I hate android on the Key2 so much I'd rather use BB10. I also realized how badly I need a track pad/ball. I don't know how slabs are usable without them.
    Galaxy and Pixel screens are huge
    03-07-23 07:32 PM
    I suppose but glass is just not accurate. I'm just going to get a titan pocket I'll use the Key2 until I work out all the kinks.
    03-07-23 07:43 PM
    The Solder Party Q20 KB has the KB and the Trackpad of the Classic. If you really don't like Android however, then using the Solder Party Q20 KB (keyboard, trackpad and all) with Android would be a detractor for you. You really don't have many choices for your situation, and you are probably going to be stuck with what you'll have to decide between for the least worse of different things you consider as bad.
    03-07-23 09:10 PM
    The Solder Party Q20 KB has the KB and the Trackpad of the Classic. If you really don't like Android however, then using the Solder Party Q20 KB (keyboard, trackpad and all) with Android would be a detractor for you. You really don't have many choices for your situation, and you are probably going to be stuck with what you'll have to decide between for the least worse of different things you consider as bad.
    What this has become, pursuit of the the least worst.
    03-07-23 10:25 PM
    Unfortunately at some point everyone is going to have to use a slab as there won’t be any new pkb devices and the ones that are still around just won’t work in the modern world.

I loved my passport and Classic and my BBOS devices before that but decided about 3 years ago that it just wasn’t worth the agro anymore, plus I wanted to be able to do my banking on my phone amongst other things and that just wasn’t an option with BB10 anymore.

I do not like Android so for me that just wasn’t an option and as for needing a trackpad there are things built into slabs that obviate the need for one, no doubt a nice to have but not an insurmountable problem.

Like with all changes it takes getting used to but you do get used to doing things differently.

Holding on to a pkb device is just moving your traansfer to a slab further down the road as you will need to change at some point as the companies willing to produce these devices for the few people wanting them now are vanishingly small.

Would I buy a new BB10 pkb phone with updated OS? Only if it was a success with a strong app store and millions of users on a par with the big two and well that just ain’t gonna happen.
    03-08-23 06:35 AM
    So a dead unicorn ?
    03-08-23 06:46 AM
    Not really. As Conite and even The Boon have said, you can buy a VERY good slab for a very REASONABLE price.

You don't have to pick which toe to shoot, you CAN not shoot yourself
    03-08-23 06:52 AM
    Me thinks more and more, this whole thing appears as teen daughters say, rather "SUS" I quote directly...
    You used too many letters. I'd drop the first "S" and "U" and replace it with a "B"
    03-08-23 06:56 AM
    You used too many letters. I'd drop the first "S" and "U" and replace it with a "B"
    LMFAO - hope that's correct number of letters now
    03-08-23 10:08 AM
    Yeah the boot screen has both the Android and BlackBerry logos like the original protypes that BlackBerry used. In the end if all he is trying to do is clone the eMMC storage chip... that might work if BlackBerry has the right keys built into it to unlock the boot rom. But at best you'd be looking at a beta version of Android 5.1 (from 2014) that would cost several hundred dollars to have an existing Passport retrofitted with new eMMC and battery. I can't really say what is possible or not, but I don't see it being practical.

But he has been playing with this for year and half and still hasn't shown anything we haven't seen before... He calls us haters, but in the end we are only asking for proof.
    03-08-23 10:20 AM
    ...of the double decker variant?

Edit: Oops. Thought you said drop the first S and add a B.
    03-08-23 04:15 PM
495 ... 1415161718 ...