There's also a few things I would like to understand.
    The attached picture (from the website) shows 2 PP running Android 9.
    - Where is the unremovable toolbelt banner on the bottom ? Even the Lollipop Passport Prototype has it.
    - Why do not they have the same icons ? I mean, if the same OS configuration was applied on both devices, why would we see different icons ?
    - Again, the bootloader is not stored in the eMMC chip. How can it be "cheated" to force/run another OS ?

I hope I'm wrong and biased by the fact that @androidonpassport did not updated us for some time, but for now, I'm starting to be suspicious about the project...
    Passport doesn't have a tool belt. Different icons because they are on two different operating systems, Android and Linux.
    11-19-21 10:56 AM
    Relax guys, it's fake. Photos are fake, all photoshoped (trust me, i'm working in it), resolution and other mistakes... I just don't understand what was intentions of the guy, did he though to ask people to send him money through other payment methods besides PayPal in excuse that he have some kind of problems... I just don't get it what he thoutgh of...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-21 11:04 AM
    Passport doesn't have a tool belt. Different icons because they are on two different operating systems, Android and Linux.
    Software toolbelt. Always on screen.
    11-19-21 11:09 AM
    Relax guys, it's fake. Photos are fake, all photoshoped (trust me, i'm working in it), resolution and other mistakes... I just don't understand what was intentions of the guy, did he though to ask people to send him money through other payment methods besides PayPal in excuse that he have some kind of problems... I just don't get it what he thoutgh of...

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate about Photoshop mistakes?
    11-19-21 11:10 AM
    USB-c is fake, scroll bar in menu is fake (in one photo it is present in another is not, it can't be so, it is only one way or another), all photos resolution is suspicious, color balance and so on...

Posted via CB10
    11-19-21 11:15 AM
    Guys you don't need proof of fake, you need just one proof of true, and you don't have one. No videos, no photo of good quality, and besides that as previously mentioned, bootloader is not on eMMC! It's all fake.

Posted via CB10
    mikael11 likes this.
    11-19-21 11:18 AM
    Guys you don't need proof of fake, you need just one proof of true, and you don't have one. No videos, no photo of good quality, and besides that as previously mentioned, bootloader is not on eMMC! It's all fake.

Posted via CB10
    He specifically told us that he doesn't have it working yet. I assumed those photos were just to get our mouths watering. Last he posted he said he's waiting on parts being shipped from China that would hopefully work, as his project wouldn't work with the parts he had.
    He hasn't ripped anyone off that I'm aware.
    dmlis and italia2014 like this.
    11-19-21 09:11 PM
    A problem I see is how are you gonna get a keyboard app to play nice with that 3-row keyboard, aside from maybe Kika?

Seems better to focus on trying to do this to the Priv or KEY2
    11-20-21 09:05 PM
    A problem I see is how are you gonna get a keyboard app to play nice with that 3-row keyboard, aside from maybe Kika?

Seems better to focus on trying to do this to the Priv or KEY2
    There was some prototypes of Passport on Android, so BlackBerry keyboard should know how to handle it.
    11-21-21 02:55 AM
    He specifically told us that he doesn't have it working yet. I assumed those photos were just to get our mouths watering. Last he posted he said he's waiting on parts being shipped from China that would hopefully work, as his project wouldn't work with the parts he had.
    He hasn't ripped anyone off that I'm aware.
    He sent the donations back - at least mine- and hasn't said a word since then.

Hard to say if the project is closed or we are just waiting for the pieces.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-21-21 03:08 AM
    In my opinion, he was really working on something and believed he could achieve this conversion, but he probably realized later during the process that it was unfeasible.
    11-21-21 03:22 AM
    In my opinion, he was really working on something and believed he could achieve this conversion, but he probably realized later during the process that it was unfeasible.
    He seemed the kind of person that would tell us if he hit a wall.
    11-21-21 11:22 PM
    He used to give updates every week, but now nothing for a long time..
    11-22-21 11:21 AM
    I wouldn’t write the project off but I do think it will not ever get to working stage on bb10 devices at least. The hardware is just not worth it. Getting a Key device on 11 or 12 would be a much much better choice to devote energy into.
    11-22-21 11:38 AM
    He seemed the kind of person that would tell us if he hit a wall.
    Maybe he needed more donations?
    11-22-21 11:41 AM
    I strongly believe that he may be hesitating to go forward with this project because he can't be sure if volte will work with the passport.
    Or maybe he's trying to track down a prototype to help him mod a regular passport.
    11-23-21 05:09 PM
    I strongly believe that he may be hesitating to go forward with this project because he can't be sure if volte will work with the passport.
    Or maybe he's trying to track down a prototype to help him mod a regular passport.
    Maybe it's just a hobby and he's busy with details of life?
    11-23-21 05:53 PM
    He was considering other phones as well... even was taking up a collection. Doing a PRIV or KEY makes a lot more sense as their hardware has a better chance in a post 3G shutdown era, as in running Android 9+. But some have pointed out the Boot ROM security isn't on the storage chip.... Maybe he is trying to replace other parts as well.....
    11-24-21 07:26 AM
    He indicated he will update on Dec. 1st. I'll wait and see. In the meantime, I've replaced my Key1 Bronze (64GB dual sim) with a Google Pixel 3a running Graphene OS.
    11-25-21 02:34 PM
    Assuming from how much time has passed since his last post, this project is dead.
    Maybe he realized that it cannot be done as he thought or it would be too expensive.
    12-05-21 09:40 PM
    Which pre-pay carrier do you recommend for Blackberry Passport for today and beyond?
    12-06-21 10:01 PM
    Which pre-pay carrier do you recommend for Blackberry Passport for today and beyond?
    Using another carrier will only buy you a few extra months at most. When 3G is shut down, it's game over.
    12-07-21 07:47 AM
    Which country?
    12-07-21 08:29 AM
    Using another carrier will only buy you a few extra months at most. When 3G is shut down, it's game over.
    Move to Europe
    12-07-21 03:37 PM
    Move to Europe
    Perhaps for the time being.

But as more and more bandwidth is refarmed to 5G, I suspect your 3G and 2G coverage is going to collapse on its own - despite being "officially" available.

Something has to give.
    12-07-21 03:40 PM
495 ... 56789 ...