So how did he put Android on a Passport? Can anyone do it?
    no you cant. No one can
    04-02-19 10:28 PM
    no you cant. No one can
    Well..., it appears as though people at BlackBerry can , because apparently it's been done in some sort of developmental prototype thingy a while ago.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-03-19 04:28 AM
    Well..., it appears as though people at BlackBerry can , because apparently it's been done in some sort of developmental prototype thingy a while ago.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    right, a couple people at BB, which pretty much means no one
    04-03-19 08:29 AM
    So how did he put Android on a Passport? Can anyone do it?
    no you cant. No one can

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I think that's what Howarmat was trying to say.

To answer Luke's question, the person selling the device didn't put Android on the Passport. They were internal test devices at BlackBerry that got out of (stolen from?) the hollowed walls at Waterloo.

It's that question - are they considered "stolen" devices - that may be why BlackBerry is so interested in them when they pop up.

I guess BlackBerry considered the Passport version before they decided to develop the Priv.

Anyone know if the Android that was used on it was the AOSP, or did it have full Google services.
    04-03-19 08:57 AM
    I think that's what Howarmat was trying to say.

To answer Luke's question, the person selling the device didn't put Android on the Passport. They were internal test devices at BlackBerry that got out of (stolen from?) the hollowed walls at Waterloo.

It's that question - are they considered "stolen" devices - that may be why BlackBerry is so interested in them when they pop up.

I guess BlackBerry considered the Passport version before they decided to develop the Priv.

Anyone know if the Android that was used on it was the AOSP, or did it have full Google services.
    Hi
    well they dose not necessarily being stolen!
    There are times workers instead of destroying products or samples they take them out and sell them (which based on company rules and regulations might considered as stealing or else! ) in my personal experience I have happen to have in my hand an intel GPU called intel larrabee!!
    Mostly companies trying to retract them either by offering something in return or by law!

As couple of YouTube videos I have seen it was full Google services compatible (but I might be wrong cause I am a bit lazy to serch for them and it was long time ago)

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    Last edited by Mojarch; 04-03-19 at 11:07 AM.
    04-03-19 10:37 AM
    Now that I think about it, I do recall some of those images that were posted back the first time. I think the Google Play Store icon was seen.
    04-03-19 11:00 AM
    The opening post on the deleted thread said the Passport was running Lollipop, all fine and stable but running a bit warm. Paraphrasing now. I don't remember exactly what it said. It didn't get into more specifics as to Google services or not, from what I remember.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-03-19 04:14 PM
    Man, if someone put that thing on eBay, I bet it would sell for at least $800, easy
    04-03-19 09:53 PM
    How about gather some people who wants this android passport become reality. We collect the money to kickstart and make another board that match the size of blackberry passport PCB and manage to flash android rom into that board. Then we put that board into our previous blackberry passport device.
    Attached Thumbnails Android Passport.-532fgdfg235.jpg  
    Last edited by blackberry_fans; 04-07-19 at 10:28 AM.
    johnb_xp likes this.
    04-06-19 02:17 PM
    have at it! no one is stopping you from starting a gofundme
    04-06-19 02:41 PM
    Let us know how it goes.
    04-06-19 04:12 PM
    How about gather some people who wants this android passport become reality. We collect the money to kickstart and make another board that match the size of blackberry passport PCB and manage to flash android rom into that board. Then we put that board into our previous blackberry passport device.

[IMG=225x153]https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/6OIAAOSwWntXMmdb/s-l225.jpg[/url]
    Are you going to post a link for the page?
    04-06-19 08:00 PM
    Are you going to post a link for the page?
    I'm sorry man... unfortunately no such project exist atm. I'm just giving opinion on Android passport, since:

• We might not see another Android Passport prototype in online marketplace anytime soon (like this one) the chance is slim to none.
    • Blackberry Mobile (BBMo/TCL) won't make Passport 2 (with android) due to OHA Rules (maybe in the future, Google Fuchsia will support 1:1 screen ratio? we can only hope so.)
    • Waiting for BlackBerry Ltd to release Android autoloader for Blackberry Passport doesn't seem to be happening either (since it doesn't give any benefit to Blackberry and they would expose their security mechanism to the world, which is not a good idea)
    • It's almost impossible to break into Blackberry Passport security mechanism and try to flash Android rom into that device.

Which leave us with several options (one of them.... maybe crowdfunding smartphone pcb that match the shape of the Blackberry Passport mainboard and flash Android rom into that board... Oreo, Pie or even the upcoming Android Q)... doable but not an easy task (considering Blackberry Passport itself were niche devices, there is a possibility the crowdfunding itself might not have enough backers to make this kind of project possible). Even if the crowdfunding successful, people who start such campaign might get cease and desist letter (either from Blackberry Ltd itself, or Blackberry Mobile).

But then, again.... we already have KeyOne and KeyTwo in the market.... which is more or less a Blackberry Passport device with Android OS
    Last edited by blackberry_fans; 04-07-19 at 02:03 AM.
    04-06-19 09:58 PM
    I'm sorry man... unfortunately no such project exist atm. I'm just giving opinion on Android passport, since:

• We might not see another Android Passport prototype in online marketplace anytime soon (like this one) the chance is slim to none.
    • Blackberry Mobile (BBMo/TCL) won't make Passport 2 (with android) due to OHA Rules (maybe in the future, Google Fuchsia will support 1:1 screen ratio? we can only hope so.)
    • Waiting for BlackBerry Ltd to release Android autoloader for Blackberry Passport doesn't seem to be happening either (since it doesn't give any benefit to Blackberry and they would expose their security mechanism to the world, which is not a good idea)
    • It's almost impossible to break into Blackberry Passport security mechanism and try to flash Android rom into that device.

Which leave us with several options (one of them.... maybe crowdfunding smartphone pcb that match the shape of the Blackberry Passport mainboard and flash Android rom into that board... Oreo, Pie or even the upcoming Android Q)... doable but not an easy task (considering Blackberry Passport itself were niche devices, there is a possibility the crowdfunding itself might not have enough backers to make this kind of project possible). Even if the crowdfunding successful, people who start such campaign might get cease and desist letter (either from Blackberry Ltd itself, or Blackberry Mobile).

But then, again.... we already have KeyOne and KeyTwo in the market.... which is more or less a Blackberry Passport device with Android OS
    BlackBerry would have to sign said OS before it would be able to be loaded on a BB10 device.
    04-07-19 06:39 AM
    A few years ago someone else acquired an Android PP and was far from discreet about it. BB made him an offer he could not refuse and took it back. It is quite likely that whomever has this one does not want to repeat that situation. IIRC the square screen is what causes the issues with BB putting Android on the Passport and they used it for testing simply because it was the then newest completed keyboard phone they had handy. Yes I would gladly install Android if I could. Maybe whomever has this phone could create an install file and we can all try it - highly unlikely, but you never know - but considering I have the dreaded Emergency Calls Only, mine is likely shot anyway unless someone figures out what is causing that issue. I much perferred my PP to the KeyOne for a number of reasons, but unless something unexpected happens, like unlocking the bootloader, there isn't much we can do.
    bakron1 likes this.
    04-20-19 11:01 AM
    I can't remember how long but someone here in crackberry was selling android passport engineer model for few hundred US dollars and I regret not buying it.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-19 10:43 AM
    A few years ago someone else acquired an Android PP and was far from discreet about it. BB made him an offer he could not refuse and took it back. It is quite likely that whomever has this one does not want to repeat that situation. IIRC the square screen is what causes the issues with BB putting Android on the Passport and they used it for testing simply because it was the then newest completed keyboard phone they had handy. Yes I would gladly install Android if I could. Maybe whomever has this phone could create an install file and we can all try it - highly unlikely, but you never know - but considering I have the dreaded Emergency Calls Only, mine is likely shot anyway unless someone figures out what is causing that issue. I much perferred my PP to the KeyOne for a number of reasons, but unless something unexpected happens, like unlocking the bootloader, there isn't much we can do.
    At least the KEYone doesn't have fried Sim card reader issues rendering the device a small Wi-Fi only tablet
    04-22-19 04:00 PM
    Too true. I was really disappointed they dropped the ball like that on such an otherwise great device.

Has the SIM card been determined to be the culprit? What I have read in the forums did not seem definitive. I'd be willing to try to swap it out to bring my Passport back to life.
    04-22-19 10:00 PM
  19. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    i have a dream

Posted via CB10
    04-23-19 11:43 PM
  20. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    i think, they can. and we know about it realy realy realized on china

Posted via CB10
    04-24-19 01:10 AM
    Why put android on the passport? The thing that makes it rock is BB10.

PP SE most shaggable phone ever
    04-25-19 09:16 AM
    BB Passport running Android is not only contradiction in terms but also a flagrant insult!
    05-25-19 02:09 PM
    Can't be done - OHA rules.
    What about when the phone is not longer supported officially after 2019? Can someone from XDA or someone else update the android runtime? Or the fact that is "too secure" would prevent that?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-19 12:22 PM
    What about when the phone is not longer supported officially after 2019? Can someone from XDA or someone else update the android runtime? Or the fact that is "too secure" would prevent that?

Posted via CB10
    Can't be updated for the multitude of reasons listed in the multitude of threads here on the CB forums.
    Thud Hardsmack and TgeekB like this.
    05-27-19 12:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    its just not hackable like that
    05-27-19 12:31 PM
78 1234