Long time ago I've read that Its impossible to have android on a BB Passport because of the hardware etc, etc. Now it seems that is possible but non-updatable. Who knows and if it is possible why they wait too long to release it. I think they really don't know what to do with OS 10 BBs. They don't care about us!! Period !!
    No one ever said it was impossible. Only that it would never be for sale.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-22-16 11:26 PM
    Long time ago I've read that Its impossible to have android on a BB Passport because of the hardware etc, etc. Now it seems that is possible but non-updatable. Who knows and if it is possible why they wait too long to release it. I think they really don't know what to do with OS 10 BBs. They don't care about us!! Period !!
    There is nothing new here. Someone has a old BlackBerry test device and they appear to have had trouble finding a buyer for it.
    There never was going to be, and is never is going to be a production BB10 device "updated" to Android.
    BlackBerry knows exactly what to do with BB10: Continue to support it in ways that make business sense during the transition to Android hardware and software.
    It's not about caring for users who want to continue using BB10, its about staying in business by being profitable.
    tado261 and neoberry99 like this.
    09-22-16 11:53 PM
    I've read that in another thread ("convert my passport") I have your Play Store installed and it works really good!!! Thanks !!! The only app that really matters to me is Tango app to see my daughter but for some reason doesn't work
    09-22-16 11:59 PM
    I've read that in another thread ("convert my passport") I have your Play Store installed and it works really good!!! Thanks !!! The only app that really matters to me is Tango app to see my daughter but for some reason doesn't work
    The Play Store you are referring to would be Coblat's software used to install Android apps from the Google Play Store on BB10 devices. BlackBerry 10 includes a runtime version of Android 4.3 which is getting more and more outdated now that Android 7 (Nougat) has been released.

Another problem is that is the more an Android app depends on Google Play Services, the less compatible it is going to be with BB10, although some apps can be made to work with patches.
    09-23-16 12:23 AM
    Non-updatable? So, like 75% of the Android devices out there then? :-)
    09-23-16 06:24 AM
    Think the seller got more interest than he expected..... I even saw another tech site posting the listing.

The question is, did the seller have the right to sell this hardware.... might have gotten too much interest.
    09-23-16 01:31 PM
    Or maybe decided to keep it after finding out how unique it was.
    09-23-16 01:32 PM
    Or maybe decided to keep it after finding out how unique it was.
    Or maybe no one wanted to buy it when they found out it was only a semi-functional non-updateable test device.
    09-23-16 01:47 PM
    No, he bought it yesterday. At least a fellow CrackBerrian from the CB post claimed he bought it. Should have it today or Monday.

Anandsirha?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 03:00 PM
    Think the seller got more interest than he expected..... I even saw another tech site posting the listing.

The question is, did the seller have the right to sell this hardware.... might have gotten too much interest.
    For sure he did! Lol. Kijiji traffic jumped 20 times on that ad . Before I shared it here, it was at 85 views. Before being pulled down it was more than 3000!

I would be worried that it drew too much attention though. The question? Who really owned this to sell? Was it still BlackBerry's property? I think so.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 03:02 PM
    I personally think the guy had PlayStore or installed an Android launcher through apk and selling it. The ad didn't state it's running Android either.

This is just blown out of proportion.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 03:48 PM
    I personally think the guy had PlayStore or installed an Android launcher through apk and selling it. The ad didn't state it's running Android either.

Posted via CB10
    The three Android buttons at the bottom seem to corroborate the OP's claim. Add to that the fact that we know some of these actually exist.
    09-23-16 03:58 PM
    The three Android buttons at the bottom seem to corroborate the OP's claim. Add to that the fact that we know some of these actually exist.
    As did the powered by Android screen.

It could all have been photos, of course, but we will know soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 04:44 PM
    there is little time left.....
    09-23-16 07:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    He would make more money selling a Passport SE without Android.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 07:36 PM
    I know these were just test devices, but a man can dream can't he?

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    09-24-16 01:58 AM
    Dude settle down. It's a prototype. They can do anything they want as a company and its obviously a proof of concept. Or do you think that Blackberry taps a blackberry tipped wand and POW the device appears with Blackberry 10 or Android. I think stuff like this is exciting to see just how amazing a little company like Blackberry can be.

They do OS's like no other. They do Android better than Google does, and that to me is what this Passport exemplifies above all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-24-16 02:54 AM
    How about blackberry programming the passport for Android OTA through a request system.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-24-16 05:17 AM
    Having come over to BBOS10 from earlier this year using the iPhone 6s Plus, the s7 Edge and the Priv, I'd honestly have a hard time choosing an Android Passport over a BB10OS Passport. Although, I would like to see it in action. Especially if BB released a PP with Android and updated internals.

That being said, I agree with others that this is just a prototype gone loose in the wild finding its way to an auction site.
    09-24-16 06:56 AM
    I don't know if it's just me but I find that my bb10 passport does everything I need it to. Not sure if an android PP would be any better. I am not a gamer and the few android apps that I do use work perfectly with bb10s run time

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 07:44 AM
    Almost seems like the novelty of full android on the PP is what is getting people interested

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 07:46 AM
    Almost seems like the novelty of full android on the PP is what is getting people interested

Posted via CB10
    That's true for me. I like seeing everyone get all excited

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 01:17 PM
    There is supposed to be a PKB coming before March.

Posted via CB10
    As is the second coming... lol

Posted via CB10
    So where or when do you think is 10.3.3 coming eh??
    09-25-16 12:21 AM
    Let there be Passport with Android...now!

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    09-25-16 02:37 AM
    OMG, that would be the phone for me... PLEASE BLACKBERRY GIVE US BB Rome or something with a front keyboard and android ='(
    09-27-16 07:19 AM
51 123