Would there be any way to put Android OS on to a Passport or other BlackBerry device that now supports BlackBerry os? Could it be done?
    10-13-18 09:11 AM
    Would there be any way to put Android OS on to a Passport or other BlackBerry device that now supports BlackBerry os? Could it be done?
    This is a "ice breaking" question. Ios can't be be put onto Android devices, and Android OS can't be onto BB10. They are just be able to run "quite ok" on the "exotic" OS.
    10-13-18 09:13 AM
    No.

Buy a KEY² or KEY² LE.
    10-13-18 11:19 AM
    Geez, how many times does this question need to be asked? Yeah, I know....

"Just once more."

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    10-13-18 04:02 PM
    What is preferred with the Passport design physically over the KEYone, Key2 or Key2 LE design available now?
    10-13-18 05:21 PM
    What is preferred with the Passport design physically over the KEYone, Key2 or Key2 LE design available now?
    Personally I still prefer the form factor, and my red Passport is legit the nicest looking phone I've ever owned. The keyboard is great for my giant thumbs, and I really liked the square screen.

The Key2 (especially the silver edition) looks like a stretched version of the Passport SE, but I would love to see one done in the styling of the OG passport (especially the red one).

To be honest, if they *did* ever somehow magically update all Passports with Android I'd probably never buy another phone.
    10-14-18 01:34 PM
    My guesses are the 3-row keyboard, great speakers, and "Work Wide" display. Additionally, not having to purchase another device if you could just load an OS that hasn't been declared EOL.

10-14-18 01:37 PM
    My guesses are the 3-row keyboard, great speakers, and "Work Wide" display. Additionally, not having to purchase another device if you could just load an OS that hasn't been declared EOL.

Yeah,wide screen is awesome. The passport feelings are so good,solid build, excellent sound, it's a mix of things that makes passport unique. Pretty sure not gonna see another device like this, for me at least.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-18 01:48 PM
    C'mon, you guys already know what we're gonna say. Yes now is a good time to say goodbye to those beloved Passports and upgrade to a KEY2/LE. And then gone will be the hours of finding the best working apk for each app, battery draining etc...
    10-14-18 02:25 PM
    Personally I still prefer the form factor, and my red Passport is legit the nicest looking phone I've ever owned. The keyboard is great for my giant thumbs, and I really liked the square screen.

The Key2 (especially the silver edition) looks like a stretched version of the Passport SE, but I would love to see one done in the styling of the OG passport (especially the red one).

To be honest, if they *did* ever somehow magically update all Passports with Android I'd probably never buy another phone.
    Which is why OEMs do exactly the opposite. Somebody has to pay for the janitor to CEO and the rest of the infrastructure.
    10-14-18 02:34 PM

I carried Passport 12-18 months and it’s awkward in front pocket even when not dual carry. The Key2 and Key2 LE seem to have the extra height that I wished the Passport had when fighting to retrieve from pocket to answer call.

Nontraditional PKB was also irritating to me. A 4th row PKB would have been just fine since it would add little bit height.
    10-14-18 02:42 PM
    Yeah,wide screen is awesome. The passport feelings are so good,solid build, excellent sound, it's a mix of things that makes passport unique. Pretty sure not gonna see another device like this, for me at least.

Posted via CB10

Unique (both OS and design shape) was it’s problem and reason for not enough mainstream sales.... We can’t expect OEMs to make devices that mainstream consumers won’t consider for either reason....
    10-14-18 02:45 PM
    And then gone will be the hours of finding the best working apk
    ....and spend hours and hours looking for the best apk for your new device.
    10-14-18 02:51 PM
    I carried Passport 12-18 months and it’s awkward in front pocket even when not dual carry
    Your pockets are too small.
    10-14-18 02:53 PM
    Your pockets are too small.
    Largest pockets available in the Garanimals line. You don’t expect me to walk around mismatched do you?
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-14-18 02:54 PM
    ....and spend hours and hours looking for the best apk for your new device.
    What do you mean? On the KEY devices, you just download the latest version from the play store
    10-14-18 03:53 PM
    What do you mean? On the KEY devices, you just download the latest version from the play store
    Just referring to the amount of time I've spent finding/testing/rejecting etc etc apps for my android device that replaced my BB10 apps for my Passport. As an example, I literally spent 15 hours to find a stock market app that was suitable/likeable/not full of ads/ etc as the one that still works beautifully on my Passport.

Because of the fact that I don't use a lot of apps, I still very much prefer to use my Passport and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. Fear not, when the time comes, I'll know when to put it away forever, lol.
    10-14-18 04:13 PM
    I always thought the Passport was too big. Classic is just the right size, and toolbelt and trackpad rock.
    Classic 2!
    10-14-18 04:28 PM
    Just referring to the amount of time I've spent finding/testing/rejecting etc etc apps for my android device that replaced my BB10 apps for my Passport. As an example, I literally spent 15 hours to find a stock market app that was suitable/likeable/not full of ads/ etc as the one that still works beautifully on my Passport.
    Agree. With Android, you have to sort through a lot of rocks to get to the gems.

Sometimes, less is more!
    10-14-18 04:29 PM
    Agree. With Android, you have to sort through a lot of rocks to get to the gems.

Sometimes, less is more!
    With BB10, you also have to sort through alot of rocks (different apk versions) to get to the gems (apk's that actually work)
    10-15-18 04:07 AM
    With BB10, you also have to sort through alot of rocks (different apk versions) to get to the gems (apk's that actually work)
    Wasn't my experience, but it is true that everyone has different requirements/desires which affect the rock/gem equation.

I had no problem separating the rocks from the gems using BB10, admittedly in part based upon recommendations and conversation found here. Can't say the same about Android as it takes a lot more of my time to research and I find that it is often questionable whether the user ratings found in Google Play can be trusted. With seemingly daily/weekly changes and updates for every Android app on your device, there is also more of an opportunity to experience problematic software issues (a la Microsoft). Didn't find that so much with BB10.
    10-15-18 09:09 AM