Last week I started having issues with Android runtime. My android apps stopped working, and the battery was draining like mad. Installing that runtime fix from a year or so back got the apps and my battery working normally again, which is great. But now my Android notifications don't open.

I can still open my BB10 notifications, so it's not a blanket notifications issue.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Know of a fix? I don't want to ignore it if solving the problem will prevent something horrible from happening to my most precious Passport again.

Cheers.
    08-04-19 03:58 AM
    Last week I started having issues with Android runtime. My android apps stopped working, and the battery was draining like mad. Installing that runtime fix from a year or so back got the apps and my battery working normally again, which is great. But now my Android notifications don't open.

I can still open my BB10 notifications, so it's not a blanket notifications issue.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Know of a fix? I don't want to ignore it if solving the problem will prevent something horrible from happening to my most precious Passport again.

Cheers.
    The "patch" was only intended for OS 10.3.2.2876. Any other Android Runtime would be corrupted if you tried to install it.

You will need to do a clean install of the OS.

Here is the latest autoloader:

https://mega.nz/#!1NZ1SQBB!yL_ZV5UFz...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM
    08-04-19 07:20 AM
    Thanks for your response. I did dl the autoloader when I first had the issue, just in case the runtime patch didn't work. But aside from not being able to open notifications, my Passport is working great. Weird.

Any idea why the runtime would become corrupt? I want this puppy to live for as long as possible and am looking to take whatever preventative measures I can.
    08-05-19 06:01 PM
    Any idea why the runtime would become corrupt?
    Difficult to know exactly what caused it but possibly some android app that you tried/did install. Problems ensued then you corrupted it even worse with the "android fix in BBW" which, as conite explained was ONLY made for 10.3.2.2876. This would make things even worse. An autoloader and full OS wipe is probably the fix for you now. Over time it's not uncommon to hear about these runtime corruptions in BB10 devices.
    08-05-19 06:13 PM