I've owned a Blackberry Classic for a few years and now considering the purchase of a Passport. I use my Blackberry primarily for drafting emails and there are just a few apps that I need. As long as I can continue to use those I'll be in good shape.

If I purchase a Passport and then the Blackberry version of The New York Times app is discontinued, can I install the Android version of the app onto the Passport running BB10?

I have no reason to believe that the NYT BB app with be ditched, but if it was I might regret not having purchased an Android Blackberry.
    12-01-15 12:18 PM
    try the apk from somewhere see how well it runs
    12-01-15 01:27 PM
    I've just installed the Android version alongside the BB10 version on my Passport (OG Red) only to test it for you (I prefer the native app, so I'll remove the Droid version after this test). It seems to work fine. Articles take a little more time to load, but not up to a point where it becomes annoying. Scrolling and using the left side menu is subject to a little bit of lag. Again, not up to a point where it becomes annoying but you do slightly notice it. Other parts of the app, like the Photos section and other categories, load up fine. Changing text size, Twilight mode, Customize sections and Settings all work fine. The Subscribe button doesn't seem to work though. Overall, it seems to run good enough for daily usage - 9/10 (my overall rating)

Posted via CB10
    phikappa likes this.
    12-02-15 01:15 AM
    yes, the apk works not bad. However, like all android apps working in Passport, it may get warm and slow sometimes. Anyway, it is usable!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 01:52 AM
    Wow! How incredibly generous of you to test the Times app for me on your Passport. That really helps me make my decision now. I can go ahead and order a Passport with more confidence now. With luck the native app will continue to be maintained and this will not be an issue. I'll report back when I receive my device and have a chance to try it out!
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-02-15 09:19 AM
    I read NYT everyday, it is no big deal for me to offer you the actual experience. Enjoy your passport!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 09:25 AM