I succumbed to temptation and purchased a KEYone dual-sim international Black edition.

It's been screen protectored and cased and is waiting to be used, but I can't bring myself to give up the Passport. Such a nice thing waiting to welcome me into the new world, and I have no interest in it.

Somewhere among not wanting Google in my life, not wanting to give up the amazing BB10 (long live the music player), and not wanting to adopt Whatsapp (there are a lot of friends and family I'd gain better touch with, but I hate facebook), I am experiencing a good amount of Android/KEYone phobia.

Anyone in the same boat? What got you to switch if you did? Any regrets?

It would also be great to hear opinions from those who are using both Passport and KEYone without giving up the benefits of either.

Cheers!
    03-04-18 02:27 AM
    No regrets at all (switched from Q10).
    If you're looking for a good music player, give a try to fully customisable BlackPlayer (pro version costs just something like $1 and offers even more settings).
    You'll lose some things for sure (gestures), but gain on the other hand as well. The only thing that I really miss here is the SuperTube app and Q10 hardware (which I liked more as you seem to do in case of your PP).
    In the end, it's just a phone. Not a big deal.
    03-04-18 02:42 AM
    Perhaps less of phobia and more on refusing to adapt?
    Keep your Passport in a locked drawer and start using your KEYone. Depending on your learning curve, you'll eventually get used to it.
    03-04-18 03:19 AM
    Bought a Priv on launch day, bought a dtek50 on launch day, bought a dtek60 on launch day, bought the KEYone on launch day, bought a motion the second I could get it imported.

I'd say you have a fear to adapt rather than a straight out phobia. I agree with the comment above. Lock up your passport and in about two weeks you will wonder how you survived on bb10 for so long. Occasionally I will fire up my passport, charge it and play around with it a bit and throw it back in my display case. Man is bb10 incredibly slow compared to android. In all fairness we are comparing android N to an OS that hasn't seen a real update in years.
    03-04-18 03:28 AM
    It's not a fear of adapting as you will. But the Android OS is not as good as BB10. I miss my PP all the time but was forced to switch. K1 is a nice phone and has a great camera and battery life. But there are a few apps I almost stopped using including CB. I access these forums now through a news feed. Others are gasbuddy and BeWeather.
    03-04-18 09:21 AM
    To put it simply, the gains of switching over to Android far outweigh the losses of leaving BB10.
    Your call on the cost you are willing to pay.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-04-18 10:14 AM
    I succumbed to temptation and purchased a KEYone dual-sim international Black edition.

It's been screen protectored and cased and is waiting to be used, but I can't bring myself to give up the Passport. Such a nice thing waiting to welcome me into the new world, and I have no interest in it.

Somewhere among not wanting Google in my life, not wanting to give up the amazing BB10 (long live the music player), and not wanting to adopt Whatsapp (there are a lot of friends and family I'd gain better touch with, but I hate facebook), I am experiencing a good amount of Android/KEYone phobia.

It would also be great to hear opinions from those who are using both Passport and KEYone without giving up the benefits of either.

Cheers!
    I'm double carrying a KEYone with either my Passport or my Z10. I really feel.like I have the best of both worlds. BB10/Hub is still light years ahead of Android Hub+ for the services it supports. I use my BB10 phones for almost all.of my communications. I also find that the sound quality is MUCH better on the BB10 phones.

But I have an up to date browser and ability to run 3rd party apps as needed on the KEYone.

I.pay $10 extra a month to have both on my carrier plan. I've considered using the BB10 phones on WiFi only since that would cover 90% of my needs.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-04-18 10:27 AM
    Perhaps less of phobia and more on refusing to adapt?
    Keep your Passport in a locked drawer and start using your KEYone. Depending on your learning curve, you'll eventually get used to it.
    Why locking passport!
    He can start to use KEYone as an app phone and passport for mailing and text message and calls!

Just like what I would do if I have been in his shoes!(need to add I'll still waiting for next PKB from blackberry which I heard it would have at least 6GB ram and likely Snapdragon 660 and so on)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-18 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. I think bb10adopter111's and Mojarch's idea will work best in my case, using the KEYone as an app phone without giving up the Passport. Having gotten used to the workflows of the PP, it's hard to give it up so quickly.

Right now I carry a work-issued iPhone 7 along with my Passport. Always been skteched on Apple, having been raised in Cupertino and having witnessed their takeover of my hometown... And I'm not new to Android - have been exposed to it since Eclair, but am not a fan of Google either.

Facebook... another beast I desperately want to avoid, but having so many friends and family members across the world means that Whatsapp is the only way I can reach them without a phone call. Sigh...

If only BlackBerry held on and everything was BBM in the future. One can dream...

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-04-18 10:24 PM
    Thanks for the thoughts guys. I think bb10adopter111's and Mojarch's idea will work best in my case, using the KEYone as an app phone without giving up the Passport. Having gotten used to the workflows of the PP, it's hard to give it up so quickly.

Right now I carry a work-issued iPhone 7 along with my Passport. Always been skteched on Apple, having been raised in Cupertino and having witnessed their takeover of my hometown... And I'm not new to Android - have been exposed to it since Eclair, but am not a fan of Google either.

Facebook... another beast I desperately want to avoid, but having so many friends and family members across the world means that Whatsapp is the only way I can reach them without a phone call. Sigh...

If only BlackBerry held on and everything was BBM in the future. One can dream...

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget that whatsapp is owned by Facebook. Have you tried to use telegram. I don't use or want Facebook and have tried to get my family to use telegram app instead of whatsapp. Still working on it.
    03-05-18 03:04 AM
    Don't forget that whatsapp is owned by Facebook. Have you tried to use telegram. I don't use or want Facebook and have tried to get my family to use telegram app instead of whatsapp. Still working on it.
    That's what I was getting at amigo - I don't want to use Whatsapp because of its parent company. Alas, it is currently the only mass-adopted textual means outside of email for contacting loved ones across the oceans...
    03-05-18 03:43 AM
    That's what I was getting at amigo - I don't want to use Whatsapp because of its parent company. Alas, it is currently the only mass-adopted textual means outside of email for contacting loved ones across the oceans...
    Have you considered Signal?

03-05-18 06:57 PM

Cheers!
    Ahhhh....same here. I am lucky to have a KeyOne, Priv and I phone 8 Plus. But I still go back to my Silver Passport. My kids and wife think I am nuts but I just love the feel.

I just feel dirty using the droids...............Woof!
    03-05-18 07:40 PM
    Have you considered Signal?

Wow - thanks for introducing me to Signal! Though we are years away from mass adoption similar to Whatsapp, I hope it will be adopted in mass soon. I would love to use Signal, but it would take a lot of evangelism on my part to convince others to use the software just to communicate with me (at least for now).

Ahhhh....same here. I am lucky to have a KeyOne, Priv and I phone 8 Plus. But I still go back to my Silver Passport. My kids and wife think I am nuts but I just love the feel.

I just feel dirty using the droids...............Woof!
    Dirt... that's what bothers me most. It shouldn't feel dirty, because it's a fine piece of hardware, but the software makes it dirty. Too bad, because it's about time I swallowed my pride and signed up for Whatsapp.
    03-06-18 03:09 AM
    Wow - thanks for introducing me to Signal! Though we are years away from mass adoption similar to Whatsapp, I hope it will be adopted in mass soon. I would love to use Signal, but it would take a lot of evangelism on my part to convince others to use the software just to communicate with me (at least for now.
    I just let people in my circles know that I won't use WhatsApp because I don't want to jeopardize my friends' and colleagues' privacy by using WhatsApp, so I use an encrypted messaging platform that isn't monetizing it's users social and professional networks. I tell them they may use Signal, BBM or SMS to message me. Then I aggressively send invitations for people to join me on Signal. So far, everyone seems happy.

03-06-18 10:57 AM
    I just let people in my circles know that I won't use WhatsApp because I don't want to jeopardize my friends' and colleagues' privacy by using WhatsApp, so I use an encrypted messaging platform that isn't monetizing it's users social and professional networks. I tell them they may use Signal, BBM or SMS to message me. Then I aggressively send invitations for people to join me on Signal. So far, everyone seems happy.

I guess movement don't start by people being lazy, huh. Welp, I'll join your approach and give it an honest shot of recruitment.

Ahh, if only BBM was still kool. ;-)
    03-08-18 02:36 AM
    03-08-18 07:04 AM