Is it possible a Passport running Android?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 06:35 PM
    Possible, yes. Likely, no.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pas...unning-android
    kingjosiah likes this.
    09-28-15 06:39 PM
    But why not likely?
    I understand possible

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 07:27 PM
    But why not likely?
    I understand possible

Posted via CB10
    It would take effort... Also BB isn't a big fan of supporting existing customers, they usually just drop them and focus on new ones, part of the reason they never fixed their customer support.
    09-28-15 08:06 PM
    Not a fan of supporting existing customers? They continue to make bb10 better and put out new and exciting phones.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    09-28-15 08:18 PM
    It would take effort... Also BB isn't a big fan of supporting existing customers, they usually just drop them and focus on new ones, part of the reason they never fixed their customer support.
    I'm beginning to believe this is true, a definite lack of existing customer support. Once BB goes Android, BB OS10 will die from lack of present app support and any new app development. I believe that if BB does not offer the opportunity for current BB 10 to install Android OS, BB is dead. There are already too many top notch Android devices available. They'll need the current customer base simply to survive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-28-15 08:28 PM
    Not a fan of supporting existing customers? They continue to make bb10 better and put out new and exciting phones.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to believe it, time will tell. They have a track record and are actually known for horrible CS. This is not the first fork in the road for this company...

Also we will see how many phones will still be put out...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 09:36 AM
    I don't log into the forums as much as I used to, but there seems to be a different variant of this same damn question on the front page every ******* day.

Mods should just sticky one.
    anon9347040 and anon(2313227) like this.
    09-29-15 10:02 AM

Mods should just sticky one.
    Like anyone would pay attention to it anyway lol.
    09-29-15 07:39 PM
    Like anyone would pay attention to it anyway lol.
    So true.
    09-29-15 07:46 PM
    Rubbish. As they upgraded systems and devices they supported legacy hardware and software for reasonable periods.

Posted via CB10
    ChrisLeNeve likes this.
    09-29-15 10:10 PM
    http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...ckberry-venice

Passport 2 with the same specs and android?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 05:14 AM
    Rubbish. As they upgraded systems and devices they supported legacy hardware and software for reasonable periods.

Posted via CB10
    Lets see how BB supporters for the last 5 years feel about that...
    09-30-15 01:11 PM
    Maybe if the slider is a success then hopefully there's going to be a passport 2.0 with android :s that's just a guess tho

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:13 PM
    Totally depends on BlackBerry, official, never, unlock then third-party, yes.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 02:36 PM
    We will have to see how successful the Priv is b4 they will make any change to the Passport. Most of us are running android apps anyway on our PP so it would not be a bad idea to make the sw change.
    10-01-15 02:47 PM
    Lets see how BB supporters for the last 5 years feel about that...
    They have continued to support BBOS despite moving on to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 02:48 PM
    No thanks!

Jaglenn's Passport
    10-01-15 03:37 PM
    THIS Is The BlackBerry Priv: A New Dawn For BlackBerry | Know Your Mobile

Passport 2 with the same specs and android?

Posted via CB10

Exactly what I was thinking and was ABOUT to create a new thread to stimilate interest.

The Passport SE leaked not once, twice, but THRICE showing off Android running. The hardware chipset is the same as the Priv. So unless the bootloader is hardware locked or the UEFI is set to only accept BB10 then we're screwed on this dream.

To be honest ... i WOULD purchase a Passport SE edition running BB's secure Android but now I'm just going to either ...

1. wait and see for 6mths
    - after all I need a new LCD TV + PS4
    2. Just forget all of this and upgrade to iPhone 6S and pay for my own cellphone bill.
    3. Just get the Sony Xperia Z5 Compact - I know but I like the form-factor and screensize without loosing camera or processing power BOTH beyond what BB has to offer including the Priv.

For #3 I need to figure out what NOT to enable for selling my existence to google at a cheaper than 3rd world labour. And BlackBerry is NOT specifically stating just how their accomplishing this which has me worried.
    10-01-15 06:35 PM
    For #3 I need to figure out what NOT to enable for selling my existence to google at a cheaper than 3rd world labour. And BlackBerry is NOT specifically stating just how their accomplishing this which has me worried.
    You basically won't be using google services period then. On an android device, what's the point then? Also BB will do nothing to prevent this, as they can't short of only using BB10 OS.
    10-02-15 03:32 PM
    Android?? This is Folly! Why buy a BlackBerry then! Most won't read the differences!

Jaglenn's Passport
    10-05-15 11:22 AM
    Why buy a BlackBerry then! Most won't read the differences!

Jaglenn's Passport
    Yep, which highlights the main problem with this entire thing... Not to mention Nokia already turned down this solution years ago.
    10-05-15 02:53 PM
    Wasn't there a video with Android running on the Passport on Youtube.
    That means it's possible but only if BlackBerry decides to. The hardware should support it but it's all about how they want to execute their strategies.

Posted using Silver PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-05-15 04:25 PM
    How about we develop more the BlackBerry 10 OS!!!

Jaglenn's Passport
    11-04-15 09:43 AM
    Maybe if the slider is a success then hopefully there's going to be a passport 2.0 with android :s that's just a guess tho

Posted via CB10
    Why would I buy a Passport with a 4.5 inch square screen when I can get a PRIV. The square screen was and is a poor design unless you are going to replace the 9900 with its 2.8 inch screen.

IMO they should make a narrower Passport with a PRIV style KB. They just have to adopt a 4:3 screen. There is still a market for a non slider PKB.

Still love the 9900 though. A 9900 running Android would be "cool".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-04-15 at 10:11 AM.
    11-04-15 09:50 AM
28 12