Any chance a keyboard shortcut can be assigned to go back so we don't have to have swipe down for the bar or delicately swipe the tiny narrow pin strip bezel?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 04:53 PM
    Personally Q would be a good assignment as it's position just below where the back button would be if you had the ugly bar.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 04:56 PM
    That would be a good idea!
    01-20-15 06:09 PM
    That would be a good idea!
    I second that! Great idea.

So much space taken up at the bottom for just one button.
    Would save time swiping and turning off the "hide bar"....and can't always hide the bar with most Android apps as you constantly need it.

Unless they can make it a standalone button in the corner that is transparent?
    01-20-15 06:18 PM

Would save time swiping and turning off the "hide bar"....and can't always hide the bar with most Android apps as you constantly need it.

you know that when we "hide bar" we can still go back by swiping diagonally from the bottom to the left right? so no need to use the back button at all.
    01-20-15 06:28 PM
    The back gesture in Android apps is one of the clunkiest and slowest gestures in the whole OS. It's only surpassed in its clunkiness by the next/previous email gesture.

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 and Q10Bold like this.
    01-20-15 06:40 PM

I also thought of this! There's no reason for that whole bar, just the button would suffice. With an auto hide when scrolling.

Also we know how to swipe to go back, but it doesn't always work and obviously it's a bit of a pain for non-techie people to get a grasp on it.
    01-20-15 06:54 PM
    you know that when we "hide bar" we can still go back by swiping diagonally from the bottom to the left right? so no need to use the back button at all.
    I can't get it work

Maybe with some Android apps that works?
    01-20-15 07:00 PM
    I've never been able to figure out the Android back on a Z30. I've tried all sorts of swipes at different speeds and nothing happens. Clearly I need a YouTube video. This level of difficulty is not the Apple way.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:00 PM
    I've never been able to figure out the Android back on a Z30. I've tried all sorts of swipes at different speeds and nothing happens. Clearly I need a YouTube video. This level of difficulty is not the Apple way.

Posted via CB10
    Well, with one single button to press for anything, not much level of difficulty is the Apple way.
    Just start at the middle of the bottom edge and swipe diagonally towards the just below the middle of the left edge. Works every time, but you have to make sure you start at the bottom edge (not arbitrarily above the bottom edge), and flick past the left edge (not stopping before it).

Posted via CB10
    Technarch likes this.
    01-20-15 07:18 PM
    Personally Q would be a good assignment as it's position just below where the back button would be if you had the ugly bar.

Posted via CB10
    Good idea!

I would say "P" for consistency...

And btw the android apps consider us as 720x719 or 1440x1439 because of the Runtime trick to get a unnecessary bar (superceded either by gesture or in our case a keyboard key).

Some android app may get you in trouble because we aren't even considered as square screens because of this back bar!!!

I hope that is/will be fixed in a 10.3.1 Runtime version.

PS: We still need a gesture based "back" at least for the all touch devices...but really don't know if anyone use that "biiiiig" bar anyway on a gesture based OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:30 PM
    Ahh thanks. So that's what I was doing wrong. You need to swipe touching the edge and continuing past the other edge. I was trying all sorts of combos of varying heights and likely stopping beforehand.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is an article in crackberry that shows how it's done, try google "making your way around android apps blackberry 10" in case you have not figured it out.

I agree that it is a bit clunky sometimes, but it always works for me.
    01-20-15 07:52 PM
    $hit, just re did it and totally forgot about it as I got used to going through the motions too quickly when swiping down to hide the bar.

When you swipe down and select "hide bar", the following info bubble comes up for a brief minute:

Android back button-img_20150120_205309_edit.png

Thanks for bringing this up.

I still would rather have the transparent back button, more efficient I think.
    01-20-15 08:01 PM
    Probably the word they were looking for was "horizontally". Diagonally means something else entirely which reflects poorly on whoever approved the text.

One wonders how many people tried diagonally to no avail.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 08:26 AM
    Probably the word they were looking for was "horizontally". Diagonally means something else entirely which reflects poorly on whoever approved the text.

Posted via CB10
    I don't get it.....

Horizontal would mean right to left.

Diagonal would be bottom right to top left, which is exactly what you want

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    01-21-15 08:39 AM
    I don't get it.....

Horizontal would mean right to left.

Diagonal would be bottom right to top left, which is exactly what you want

Posted via CB10
    LOL, don't let Technarch build your next house people.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 08:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Diagonally is correct.
    You can't "swipe from the bottom frame" horizontally and get Android back button. The intended gesture here is for you to swipe at an angle, starting from the bottom edge. If you were to do it horizontally, you would be swiping "along" the bottom edge, which is not what this gesture is.

You want the first gesture below, which is a diagonal swipe from the bottom frame of the screen, not the second one showing a horizontal swipe along the bottom frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Android back button-diagonal.jpg   Android back button-horizontal.png  
    Last edited by mofokey; 01-21-15 at 10:57 AM.
    01-21-15 09:02 AM
    I'm telling you guys, the first image never worked for me on this Z30, only the second.

I'll try again after work.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 02:23 PM
    I'm telling you guys, the first image never worked for me on this Z30, only the second.

I'll try again after work.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about Z30, but it's certainly the case on Passport.
    01-21-15 03:16 PM
    OK tested. Only horizontal works with the Z30 on 10.2.1. Is this a bug? Diagonal does not work at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:29 PM