I have a non-ATT PP running 1779 on the ATT network. When I first got it, it ran Android apps fine.

Then I think after an update Android apps started not being able to open. I get a message that says "Kindle (eg.) is knot responding. Do you want to close it or wait?"

Another issue is that I had a recent upgrade that I tried to do via BlackBerry Link and it took so long I left it overnight. I think it crashed in the middle of the update or the power went off overnight or something.

If I wait for an Android app to open, the app never opens. A restart helps only sometimes.

Should I uninstall and reinstall every app? (I think I tried this already.) If it is the OS I really want to avoid a full reinstall.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:02 PM
    Same phone, OS, and carrier here. The Amazon Appstore and Kindle have both updated recently. Did you see those? I agree that a restart can help with Kindle when it ask the Wait/Close question but I just tried mine and it worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:28 PM
    I use Kindle a lot and sometimes get that message. I find if I select Wait the it eventually opens fine. Does it never open even if you wait?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:58 PM
    I use Kindle a lot and sometimes get that message. I find if I select Wait the it eventually opens fine. Does it never open even if you wait?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I found the same about Kindle on my Passport too.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-19-15 09:16 PM
    No, it does not help if I wait.

I tried to update the Ama... OK, it sometimes helps if I wait on the Kindle app because it just interrupted me while I was typing this. Thanks for tip.

Onenote does not seem to be working or even opening. I got a QNX activator not responding message.

I might try uninstalling onenote and reinstalling.

I am not sure how to update the Amazon app. Last time I tried I could not open or uninstall it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:04 AM
    The android runtime on SR 1779 is not the latest android os. Some newer apps may not work properly with older os. So always be cautious when updating android apps using Snap. If the new app version doesn't work, delete it and reinstall the older working version hopefully you still have that apk stored somewhere on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 08:12 AM
    Best solution I found is installing a little app called Aerizer Opimizer for Blackberry to reset the Android runtime and to clear the memory from time to time. Stops the phone running slow and stops issues like what is mentioned above.
    04-20-15 08:16 AM
    Metro, I think I was suspecting something like from what I read on here before. Will try.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:35 AM