Anybody have experiences with Android apps hang on Passport that requires reboot in order to work again? Usually either error saying QNXLauncher not responding or android.systemapps not responding. This is annoying. Per day at least have to reboot 4-5 times.

I am using Software release 10.3.1.1779 and OS version 10.3.1.2576. From Malaysia.
    04-07-15 06:34 PM
    I'm curious if these are apps that you've downloaded through Amazon or used Snap or Google Play. Reason I ask is that I have used both methods; the Amazon apps, while not all that great most of the time, do not cause issues. However, when I close the Hub, for some reason Google Play Store opens up to a black screen and I have to close it (even though it wasn't open). Very annoying but I'm wondering what your situation is. Thanks.

Oh, I'm running 10.3.0.908 that came from my carrier (Rogers).
    04-07-15 06:41 PM
    I do have both Amazon and Google Play appstore on my phone but all the hang issues happened on the apps I installed from Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 06:51 PM
    Can you list a couple of them that exhibit this behavior?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:02 PM
    Which app you are referring to?... because a lot of them does...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 09:07 PM
    I mostly use Audible, Amazon Appstore and Waze. All these, I got it from Amazon. The moment I received android.systemapps.com or QNXLAUNCHER error, I can't run any Android apps anymore without restarting the phone. QNX related apps like Whatapps, Browser runs ok irrespective whether Android apps hang or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 10:45 PM
    So far my android apps works fine on my passport. I got them from Snap. But I did experienced hang one time when i use the manga reader app. Works fine again after i restart my phone.

 Posted via CB10 on my BB Passport 
    04-08-15 01:20 AM
    I'm curious if these are apps that you've downloaded through Amazon or used Snap or Google Play. Reason I ask is that I have used both methods; the Amazon apps, while not all that great most of the time, do not cause issues. However, when I close the Hub, for some reason Google Play Store opens up to a black screen and I have to close it (even though it wasn't open). Very annoying but I'm wondering what your situation is. Thanks.

Oh, I'm running 10.3.0.908 that came from my carrier (Rogers).
    Regarding Google Play Store you should verify if you are using the latest version which is 5.4.10. You'll find the version in settings. Older versions had issues that have been fixed in the latest release.

Also, you should turn off the autoupdate option. If it's on, Play Store will try to automatically download app updates, which causes the Store to pop-up. You will still get notifications in the Hub if an update is available.

Check my Play Store thread here on Crackberry and read the first post of that thread to get the updated files. Read post 2 of that thread for the changelog.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    04-08-15 03:27 AM
    Regarding Google Play Store you should verify if you are using the latest version which is 5.4.10. You'll find the version in settings. Older versions had issues that have been fixed in the latest release.

Also, you should turn off the autoupdate option. If it's on, Play Store will try to automatically download app updates, which causes the Store to pop-up. You will still get notifications in the Hub if an update is available.

Check my Play Store thread here on Crackberry and read the first post of that thread to get the updated files. Read post 2 of that thread for the changelog.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    Thanks cobalt. Can I just install the 3 apk files over the old ones or do I have to uninstall first? I still am getting Google Play Services have stopped message every few minutes. Also can I uninstall an app that I installed from Google Play Store like any other app, i.e. press and hold then tap the x or is there another way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 07:53 PM
    I have the same issues with apps downloaded from Amazon AppStore and 1mobile.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 08:02 PM
    Thanks cobalt. Can I just install the 3 apk files over the old ones or do I have to uninstall first? I still am getting Google Play Services have stopped message every few minutes. Also can I uninstall an app that I installed from Google Play Store like any other app, i.e. press and hold then tap the x or is there another way? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    I suggest to remove the old files and just install the new ones. Follow the instructions in the first post.

Google Play SERVICES is a completely different thing. The poping up of that error message has nothing to do with Play Store. There is no fix for this right at the moment.
    04-09-15 04:19 AM
    No such issues on the Q5, Z10 and Z30 to report on. BlackBerry better have this resolved especially for a flag ship Passport device.

Sexy White Z30....
    04-09-15 07:01 AM
    Can the hang be resolved by a return or home button input? I know passport does not have these buttons. But this may be where the problem came from.
    04-09-15 07:29 AM

Google Play Store for Blackberry 10 (supports buying and downloading) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Cobalt, your suggestions on updating yours apps do help to reduce the occurrence of the Passport hang issue but it still happening on and off. Not so much about QNXLauncher or systemapps issue but just blank screen and sometimes pops up message saying no responses from the apps, ask do i need to wait or quit it. Always rebooting/restarting the phone solve the issue but this is not the sort of solution i am hoping for.

Any idea what else can be the problem?
    04-10-15 07:41 PM
    but just blank screen and sometimes pops up message saying no responses from the apps, ask do i need to wait or quit it. Always rebooting/restarting the phone solve the issue but this is not the sort of solution i am hoping for.
    Same issue with my phone. Cobalt, can you advise how to REMOVE all of the Google 'stuff' that your instructions say to install, i.e. is there a specific order, and can they be deleted/uninstalled via the standard long press method for BB apps?
    04-10-15 07:44 PM
    Same issue with my phone. Cobalt, can you advise how to REMOVE all of the Google 'stuff' that your instructions say to install, i.e. is there a specific order, and can they be deleted/uninstalled via the standard long press method for BB apps?
    Just remove it from your homescreen and then reboot. That's it.

But the problems you guys have are not related to the Google apps. You have some serious problems with your Android runtime. You should reload your OS with an autoloader!
    04-10-15 09:28 PM
    Just remove it from your homescreen and then reboot. That's it.

But the problems you guys have are not related to the Google apps. You have some serious problems with your Android runtime. You should reload your OS with an autoloader!
    I'm asking about Google ID, Play Store, Play Services, etc. Can I just delete them like I would any BB app? Will that remove all traces of the install?
    04-10-15 09:31 PM
    I've gotten the blank Play store screen. Every time it's been because the normal Play store has a newer version than what I'm running and my Cobalt version is trying to update. Once Cobalt puts out a newer version, the gray screens go away till the next update.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:08 PM
    Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:17 PM
    Cobalt, how to do reload through autoloader? Will it erase my phone especially my company IT profile to access corporate email?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:22 PM
    I'm asking about Google ID, Play Store, Play Services, etc. Can I just delete them like I would any BB app? Will that remove all traces of the install?
    They are normal Android apps and they run in the user context, not in the system context on a real Android OS. That's why you can simple delete them.
    04-11-15 05:46 AM
    I've gotten the blank Play store screen. Every time it's been because the normal Play store has a newer version than what I'm running and my Cobalt version is trying to update. Once Cobalt puts out a newer version, the gray screens go away till the next update.

Posted via CB10
    Only Play Store version 5.3.6 and better contains the fix to prevent the selfupdates. Are you using at least that version?
    04-11-15 05:47 AM
    Cobalt, how to do reload through autoloader? Will it erase my phone especially my company IT profile to access corporate email?

Posted via CB10
    An Autoloader deletes everything, including your email profile. Maybe your runtime was corrupted during a backup/restore process.
    04-11-15 05:49 AM
    Only Play Store version 5.3.6 and better contains the fix to prevent the selfupdates. Are you using at least that version?
    Nope. Time to go grab it.
    04-11-15 08:39 AM
    Is there anyway to fix the runtime issue without going to Autoloader? How about using Sasheie to updates all the files?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:16 AM
27 12