35% in 3hrs? that's not normal for passport, I think.
    maybe it the android apps downloaded from amazon eat up my battery ...so I decided to remove them all, leaving only blackberry native apps.
    not sure whether this was right, anybody here experiencing the same?

posted with authority via my amazing passport
    02-09-15 02:57 AM
    I have the q10 but yes I agree android apps are horrible on the battery, even official skype from blackberry world
    02-09-15 03:15 AM
    Yep it drains your battery. Android apps designed to run in the background
    02-09-15 07:21 AM
    Not all Android apps will drain your battery. I have Tapatalk running all the time, and it has minimal effect on my battery life. Some games don't affect your battery either.

However, if you have apps like 'Our Groceries' and forget to properly close them then your battery will get decimated. The Skype app is horrible.

Also, if you have Cobalt's Google Play hack running, that may also cause your battery to drain. I was happy to install it, but it was a little too unstable for me.
    02-09-15 07:27 AM
    okay, thanks guys... will make do with native apps oonly, though have to sacrifice some apps... but I think it will just fine.... I seldom play games....only fb page manager that I think will miss the most....
    hoprfully in future either blackberry or developers will build the native app.....

posted with authority via my amazing passport
    02-09-15 07:27 AM
    I have the same problem with android apps draining my battery but before i unistall i was hoping someone had a better solution. Since they run in the background it seems, is there any blackberry app that u can download that identifies which apps are still running and a way to force close them (even though i have already x'ed out of them) Thanks!
    02-11-15 10:54 PM
    Check and see which android app is the problem and just delete it

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-11-15 11:11 PM
    I have some android apps too,but no problem with those,just set "off" at "run when minimised" in application permissions or close those manually in device monitor

Aquila non captat muscas
    02-11-15 11:19 PM
    I run android Line in the instance all the time but no battery issue. I also get notification without the app running too, which is awesome!

I believe battery issue really depends on the app itself.

One more thing to note is that whenever I opened blackberry world or play store, my system will start burning up my battery at the same rate as OP stated. Bug? It won't resolve until I reboot my passport.
    02-11-15 11:40 PM
    I would retrace your steps to see which android app is causing your battery to die that quickly. I had the same problem and it turns out it was patched Google play services with something that was causing the problem. Once I uninstalled patched Google play services the battery went back to normal.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 11:50 PM
    I have the same problem with android apps draining my battery but before i unistall i was hoping someone had a better solution. Since they run in the background it seems, is there any blackberry app that u can download that identifies which apps are still running and a way to force close them (even though i have already x'ed out of them) Thanks!
    Look for TaskManager in BBWorld. It's an Android port, but it works fine, and doesn't drain your battery at all. It will show you if an Android app is still running. You can tap on the app name and "Kill" the process. Unfortunately, some apps will reappear seconds later, or even an hour later. Some apps seem to run when certain conditions are met, such as plugging the phone into the charger or disconnecting it. It's strange.
    02-12-15 06:05 AM