Hello everyone,
    I bought a blackberry passport silver edition. I would love to be able to use it, but several android apps that I use are not working. However, I installed the google play services and downloaded versions compatible with android 4.3. Would you have any solutions to work around this problem, because it would annoy me to have to do without these applications and not be able to use my blackberry passport silver edition. Thank you for your answers.
    Regards,
    Yann.
    07-31-20 09:24 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I bought a blackberry passport silver edition. I would love to be able to use it, but several android apps that I use are not working. However, I installed the google play services and downloaded versions compatible with android 4.3. Would you have any solutions to work around this problem, because it would annoy me to have to do without these applications and not be able to use my blackberry passport silver edition. Thank you for your answers.
    Regards,
    Yann.
    Delete all of the cobalt stuff and install Yalp (Play Store client):

https://f-droid.org/packages/com.git...kin.yalpstore/

What apps are you trying to run specifically? Success rate is around 66% even if supposedly compatible with Android 4.3.
    07-31-20 09:28 AM
    Yeah the key is what apps are you trying to run....
    07-31-20 09:46 AM
    If you need android apps that won’t run on the BB10 runtime it’s time to buy an android phone.
    John Albert likes this.
    07-31-20 12:00 PM
    If you need android apps that won’t run on the BB10 runtime it’s time to buy an android phone.
    Hopefully he still has his PRIV....
    07-31-20 01:08 PM
    I uninstalled the cobalt files and used yalp. Nothing changes, some applications still cannot start, even though they are compatible with android 4.3. I wonder if this is not from my connection to the network. Indeed, my blackberry passport SE has a lot of trouble detecting my wifi. And my wifi and sim card signal is very weak. I almost have to be next to my router to get a decent signal. I don't understand, because I have another smartphone (Samsung A50) which perfectly detects my wifi. On the samsung, the signal of my wifi and my sim card is just perfect. I think those apps I'm trying to get to work need to connect to the network to start normally. So would you have a solution to make my passport SE better capture the wifi signal and my sim card ?
    08-04-20 04:47 AM
    I uninstalled the cobalt files and used yalp. Nothing changes, some applications still cannot start, even though they are compatible with android 4.3. I wonder if this is not from my connection to the network. Indeed, my blackberry passport SE has a lot of trouble detecting my wifi. And my wifi and sim card signal is very weak. I almost have to be next to my router to get a decent signal. I don't understand, because I have another smartphone (Samsung A50) which perfectly detects my wifi. On the samsung, the signal of my wifi and my sim card is just perfect. I think those apps I'm trying to get to work need to connect to the network to start normally. So would you have a solution to make my passport SE better capture the wifi signal and my sim card ?
    Which apps?
    08-04-20 05:06 AM
    They are two Swiss applications. One to log into my bank account, the other is from a department store and I am using it to log into my store card.
    08-04-20 05:11 AM
    They are two Swiss applications. One to log into my bank account, the other is from a department store and I am using it to log into my store card.
    Which ones?
    08-04-20 07:01 AM
    Postfinance and Migros
    08-04-20 07:08 AM
    Banking and Payment apps (store app), are generally built around the latest security standards..... far beyond what BB10's Android 4.3 offers. Which is why most won't work on BB10 at this point.
    08-04-20 07:14 AM
    I don't think it has to do with security. Indeed, if I go through the basic browser of the blackberry passport SE, it is possible to connect to my account. It's slow, but it's possible.
    08-04-20 07:26 AM
    [QUOTE=mijacmad75;13532174]Postfinance and Migros[/QUO

Just checking Google Play Store both of these have a minimum requirement of android 6 so they would not work with a BB10 device.
    08-04-20 07:46 AM
    I don't think it has to do with security. Indeed, if I go through the basic browser of the blackberry passport SE, it is possible to connect to my account. It's slow, but it's possible.
    Going through and creating a shortcut with your native BB10 browser or a bookmark using a 3rd party android browser such as Kiwi would be the only way to use the 2 sites you mention. Apps will not work.
    08-04-20 07:49 AM
    Thank you for your answers. However, I still don't understand why my blackberry has such a hard time finding my wifi (my Samsung does very well) and why my wifi and sim card signal are so weak. Do you have any explanations?
    08-04-20 08:23 AM
    Thank you for your answers. However, I still don't understand why my blackberry has such a hard time finding my wifi (my Samsung does very well) and why my wifi and sim card signal are so weak. Do you have any explanations?
    It’s breaking down on the way to becoming totally broken. I suspect the device runs hot sometimes causing internal damage.
    08-04-20 08:26 AM
    Could be that your hardware (radio component) is becoming unstable due to heat issues/6 years of use etc. But you could try reinstalling the OS as a last resort. By the way, exactly which OS do you have in your Passport? There have been slight improvements in function and security with the newest.

There is a well-documented problem with signal malfunction in Passport and a new fix is discussed here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13532160 . I'm not suggesting that this is definitely your problem but it is a possibility.
    08-04-20 08:34 AM
    I have already reinstalled the system using the autoloader. I installed OS 10.3.3.3216. What more can I do?
    08-04-20 08:37 AM
    I have already reinstalled the system using the autoloader. I installed OS 10.3.3.3216. What more can I do?
    I think you have covered everything. Sounds like the hardware is failing for whatever reason. The device is 6 years old.
    08-04-20 08:43 AM
    If you want... open it up and make sure the antennas are connected. YouTube - Search BlackBerry Passport disassembly.

I think someone said that for the Passport they were part of the rear panel and connected via springs... maybe these have been damaged. ?? (but they might have been confused about the NFC antenna) ??
    08-04-20 08:56 AM
    I spoke with a repairman. he told me that there is either a problem with the antenna or that the 6 connectors placed on the plastic back are not in contact with the antenna.
    08-04-20 09:10 AM
    I spoke with a repairman. he told me that there is either a problem with the antenna or that the 6 connectors placed on the plastic back are not in contact with the antenna.
    So you know what's wrong?

Not sure why your asking what else you can do. Are you in denial or something?

Seems simple, if repairman can fix it... fix it. If not, buy a new phone.
    08-04-20 09:19 AM
    Thank you for your intervention which greatly advances things! The repairman speculated, he didn't see the phone. The point of bringing up this kind of problem is to find out if someone has experienced this kind of situation and to share their experience with us.
    08-04-20 09:24 AM
    Thank you for your intervention which greatly advances things! The repairman speculated, he didn't see the phone. The point of bringing up this kind of problem is to find out if someone has experienced this kind of situation and to share their experience with us.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13532160
    08-04-20 09:33 AM
    I already gave you a link to the possible fix (see post #17).
    08-04-20 09:48 AM
26 12