Hi,

Now that i know BB10 does work without a data plan/SIM card. I was wondering if anyone has successfully loaded Aquamail apk and it runs fine? I read cobalts thread on how to load android apps but there no guarantee it works. I don't want to buy this device i can't load aquamail on it.
    10-22-18 03:55 PM
    Just curious, but why not just use the provided Hub for email. It does everything Aquamail does, and you have the ability to customize your notifications. The Hub is integrated into the OS and always there - "peek and flow" and all that.

Unless I'm mistaken (and it wouldn't be the first time), any notifications from Aquamail would just send a generic android notification to the Hub anyway and then it would go back and open it up in Aquamail. Plus, it won't run as smoothly having to run through the android runtime.
    10-22-18 05:09 PM
    I don't think the hub will allow the same type of customization aquamail does. But that said i think it is not worth it to pursue this option. Rather I'm going to look into a Priv or Keyone at this time. I really like the Passport but i think it will be more troublesome to use with android apps than it is worth. So thanks for your feedback.
    10-22-18 05:36 PM
    I don't think the hub will allow the same type of customization aquamail does. But that said i think it is not worth it to pursue this option. Rather I'm going to look into a Priv or Keyone at this time. I really like the Passport but i think it will be more troublesome to use with android apps than it is worth. So thanks for your feedback.
    If you need lots of android apps you are much better off with a KeyXXX device or something other than a BB10 device. Joeldf is correct about the native email on BB10. Any android email app you would want would be counter-productive and certainly NOT necessary on a BB10 device with the possible exception of ProtonMail which is used for a specialized connection for business case (special encryption reasons).
    10-22-18 06:37 PM
    Hey jetspeedz,

Let me know if you revisit your thinking on a Passport. I'd be happy to test Aquamail for you and let you know whether it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 11:40 PM
    Thanks appreciate the offer but I bought a new Priv. Going to wait for K2 because I read the radio on the K1 is worse than Priv and service in my area is not the greatest so it made no sense to buy the K1 over the Priv, but I'm open to the K2 as well.

PS, i started with the old Blueberry and went up to the Classic before i left BB and now I'm looking to come back if I can find the right phone and I can live without root.
    10-24-18 12:24 AM
    Thanks appreciate the offer but I bought a new Priv. Going to wait for K2 because I read the radio on the K1 is worse than Priv and service in my area is not the greatest so it made no sense to buy the K1 over the Priv, but I'm open to the K2 as well.

PS, i started with the old Blueberry and went up to the Classic before i left BB and now I'm looking to come back if I can find the right phone and I can live without root.
    It would be great to have you back! I'd say the Passport is the fastest BB10 phone but the Z30 does all right too if for some reason you wanted full touch. Feel free to PM if I can ever be of help.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 01:31 AM
    I miss the keyboard for sure, never really got used to the on screen keyboard compared to the physical. That said though I'm very spoiled by having root and full access on the samsung phone so giving that up will be very hard. While ublock orgins works great for the browser the rest of the device including bloat and app ads might force me to go back.
    10-24-18 11:34 AM