I received the unlock code from BlackBerryCodeSource this morning and I updated my new AT&T passport to 10.3.1.2480 using the non destructive method and restored my data from my original passport and I up and running on T Mobile 4G/LTE network.

I even noticed now that I have my T Mobile sim card in the device, the AT&T boot logo doesn't come up anymore. So far I like the feel of the newer rounded corners model and seems to be better for one handed use. Just wanted to let folks know who might have thought about buying one outright and unlocking the device like I did.

More to come after I have used my new toy for a solid week as my new daily driver.

Sent from my lovely "round corner" passport on T Mobile USA
    03-04-15 08:43 AM
    I received the unlock code from BlackBerryCodeSource this morning and I updated my new AT&T passport to 10.3.1.2480 using the non destructive method and restored my data from my original passport and I up and running on T Mobile 4G/LTE network.

I even noticed now that I have my T Mobile sim card in the device, the AT&T boot logo doesn't come up anymore. So far I like the feel of the newer rounded corners model and seems to be better for one handed use. Just wanted to let folks know who might have thought about buying one outright and unlocking the device like I did.

More to come after I have used my new toy for a solid week as my new daily driver.

Looking forward to hearing how you like it! Mine should be here Thursday. I sent you a PM about the unlocking process, if you don't mind getting back to me I would appreciate it!
    03-04-15 08:47 AM
    The ATT Version looks bulkier and seems to torque more when it was in my back pocket. Didn't have that issues with the Original Passport. You can bend it back of course but still. You can easily see the torque on a flat surface. I like the look of my hybrid white PP with Black back anyway. Just need a red keyboard and it would be the best Frankenstein PP.
    03-04-15 08:57 AM
    i received the unlock code from blackberrycodesource this morning and i updated my new at&t passport to 10.3.1.2480 using the non destructive method and restored my data from my original passport and i up and running on t mobile 4g/lte network.

I even noticed now that i have my t mobile sim card in the device, the at&t boot logo doesn't come up anymore. So far i like the feel of the newer rounded corners model and seems to be better for one handed use. Just wanted to let folks know who might have thought about buying one outright and unlocking the device like i did.

More to come after i have used my new toy for a solid week as my new daily driver.

Sent from my lovely "round corner" passport on t mobile usa
    greetings, as cost unlock and time taken
    03-06-15 11:41 AM
    greetings, as cost unlock and time taken
    It was 34.00 and it took about 24 hours.

Note: Make sure the phone has been activated on the AT&T network at least once before you submit the unlock request.
    03-06-15 03:14 PM
    It was 34.00 and it took about 24 hours.

Note: Make sure the phone has been activated on the AT&T network at least once before you submit the unlock request.
    How do you activate it on ATT's network? I only have a t-mobile sim unless there's an ATT sim in the device already.
    03-06-15 04:05 PM
    The ATT Version looks bulkier and seems to torque more when it was in my back pocket. Didn't have that issues with the Original Passport. You can bend it back of course but still. You can easily see the torque on a flat surface. I like the look of my hybrid white PP with Black back anyway. Just need a red keyboard and it would be the best Frankenstein PP.
    I'm waiting on my att passport to be delivered, it would make sense that it is a little thicker, as it supports wireless charging, as the original passport dose not

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 05:04 PM
    How do you activate it on ATT's network? I only have a t-mobile sim unless there's an ATT sim in the device already.
    If the device has never been activated on the AT&T network, you have to find someone with a AT&T sim and activate just so the network can log the IMEI number. I used a friends AT&T sim to activate mine.
    03-06-15 06:14 PM
    Hey bakron,

Thanks for updating and confirming for others that it will work on T-Mobile when unlocked
    Glad we could unlock it for you!

Enjoy your new Passport!

03-11-15 05:08 AM
    Hey bakron,

Thanks for updating and confirming for others that it will work on T-Mobile when unlocked
    Glad we could unlock it for you!

Enjoy your new Passport!
    Hi BlackberryCodeSource,

How can you tell if the phone has been activated at least once with an at&t sim card? I'd like to have my phone unlocked, can you contact me privately for this matter?
    04-08-15 09:07 PM
    If the device has never been activated on the AT&T network, you have to find someone with a AT&T sim and activate just so the network can log the IMEI number. I used a friends AT&T sim to activate mine.
    Not true. https://forums.att.com/t5/Windows-Ph...4209503#M24907
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    04-08-15 11:47 PM
    Just received unlock code for free from AT&T. Took them 3 days. While I support pay-for-unlock services, no need if you're not an AT&T customer.
    04-09-15 09:51 PM
    Agree. Turn around 2-3 days and free if AT&T customer

SQW-100-3 10.3.2.281 Allergy/Pulmonary
    Attachment 346682
    Attached Thumbnails AT&T Passport up and running on T Mobile USA-img_20150409_210401_edit.png  
    Last edited by Arabianhorse; 04-09-15 at 11:01 PM.
    04-09-15 10:01 PM