I saw all these negative threads with people frustrated they couldn't get their phone on launch day. But, I did. Yeah, I did, I went to my local store at 9am. They had none in stock or on display. They kindly checked inventory for me and found 1 Passport at a store 20 minutes away and 5 Passports at a store 30 minutes away. I'm in Cincinnati, OH.

Went to the first choice and sure enough they had one there, waiting for me. This particular store (Newport, KY) had demo units of both the Passport and the Classic in the front of the store. Took 30 min to get it out and up and running but was able to switch from Verizon.

The phone is amazing. The stainless steel is juicy and doesn't have a weird widening shape along its thickness like the Q10 (the back is wider than the front of the Q10 leaving angled edges...). The corners are comfortable, and the phone is VERY eye-catching. I went into work with it and showed it off. Everyone noticed it immediately, and I have one co-worker going out to pick one up tomorrow and switch from Android. He was blown away.

Everyone finds it so attractive and professional-looking and after seeing the touchpad keyboard in action they were kinda drooling. It was a victory! Loving the phone and already getting used to the keyboard. It's really not too difficult once you get the hang of it! Note: Be sure to have Crossy Road up and running if you plan to woo an Android/iPhone user.

via CB10 with an AT&T BlackBerry Passport SQW100-3

Edit: not sure why the title is "AT&T" - should just be AT&T, haha.
    Last edited by paxtonbt; 02-21-15 at 02:08 PM.
    02-21-15 01:16 AM
    Congrats dude!

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-21-15 01:21 AM
    Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:28 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    These are the reactions I love to see... Back in the US of A!!

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    02-21-15 01:52 AM
    I love stories like the OP's.

It's fun for those of us that have the original Passport to feel that new phone excitement again, even if it's just from someone else's.

Happy Passporting!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:02 AM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I love stories like the OP's.

It's fun for those of us that have the original Passport to feel that new phone excitement again, even if it's just from someone else's.

Happy Passporting!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... having had the passport for five months, I admit I am drooling over the AT&T version... wish they launched that one world wide also... I like the fact the bezel is longer at bottom making for a better keyboard experience than the original, I believe..

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:39 AM
    Be sure to have Crossy Road up and running if you plan on talking to an Android/iPhone user.
    Just use BBM since it is available for all platforms: iOS, android, Windows phone

Not only is a great messaging program, but that way you'd also be silently promoting BlackBerry
    02-21-15 09:17 AM
    Just use BBM since it is available for all platforms: iOS, android, Windows phone

Not only is a great messaging program, but that way you'd also be silently promoting BlackBerry
    Crossy Road is a video game, haha. I'm saying you should have some really popular Android apps on your phone if you want to convince someone who's used to them.
    02-21-15 02:04 PM