I think this is what Apple did and got their way
    Retina iPad mini reviews notice stagnant color gamut compared to iPad Air, Nexus 7, and others | 9to5Mac
    02-02-15 06:03 PM
    Ummm..they sure don't on the iPad Mini (all of them from the original to the current one) I believe they are in the 60 to 70% range? I have a Mini retina and the colors look horrible next to my PP

http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/18/retina...-7-and-others/
    I don't know about I-pads but when I compare my HP laptop to MAC, MAC really has very nice display although both has same screen resolution. Way better in everything.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-02-15 07:06 PM
    Ummm..they sure don't on the iPad Mini (all of them from the original to the current one) I believe they are in the 60 to 70% range? I have a Mini retina and the colors look horrible next to my PP

Retina iPad mini reviews notice stagnant color gamut compared to iPad Air, Nexus 7, and others | 9to5Mac
    You are correct that their iPad models have a pretty bad gamut. However, their iPhones have full sRGB at least according to this source.

http://www.displaymate.com/iPhone6_ShootOut.htm
    02-03-15 02:51 AM
    As someone has noted, there was no AMOLED display available at that resolution. They do produce richer colors because they tend to be more saturated.

I was a fan of AMOLED because my HTC One S displayed images that looked awesome. That was until I got a Z10 which has an LCD display which is so sharp it has a higher pixel density than an iPhone 5 retina display. I was going to upgrade to a Z30 which has a good AMOLED screen but the drop in sharpness was too noticeable for me especially coming from a Z10.

However, I believe AMOLED Technology has more room for improvement whereas LCD has already reached its limits.
    02-11-15 09:30 PM
79 ... 234