Adding me as another sad soul to the queue :-). I hope they'll resupply soon. Seems like all info everywhere is Oct 6-8...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:06 PM
    Attachment 300632

I see mine coming.

Lmao

Posted via CB10
    LOOOOOOOOOOL good one!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 12:09 PM
    I misread the e-mails from Amazon people received. This is what mine says:

"Hello,

We're sorry for the delay in shipping the order you placed on September 24, 2014. We have good news -- the order is now being shipped! You will receive a shipping confirmation with an updated delivery estimate within the next business day, for the following item(s):"

So it seems I am having some better luck than others. But as it is 1:27PM CST I don't think I will be receiving anything today as Amazon still says Shipping Now estimated delivery September 26th by 8PM.
    09-26-14 01:27 PM
    So I still have yet to receive shipping confirmation. Decided to contact Amazon via chat.
    This is how the conversation went..

" Initial Question: Hey Amazon, I placed an order for a BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black on Wednesday, September 24, 2014
    The order number is:
    I have selected the AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping (averages 1-3 days) Delivery Estimate:
    Friday, September 26, 2014 - Tuesday, September 30, 20
    I am wondering why I have yet to receive shipping confirmation for my order. Thank you
    10:33 AM PDT John(Amazon): Hello, my name is John. I'll certainly try to help regarding your concern about your order confirmation.
    10:35 AM PDT Matthew: okay.
    10:37 AM PDT John(Amazon): As I check the status of the order Matthew, Its pending fulfillment, We'll retry your credit card. We'll send you an e-mail if any further action is required on your part.
    10:40 AM PDT Matthew: So the problem was with my credit card? I know it should work as I use it daily and online frequently.
    10:42 AM PDT John(Amazon): Let me double check here Matthew.
    10:42 AM PDT Matthew: Okay.
    10:44 AM PDT John(Amazon): As I double check here Dan that the item BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black is temporarily out of stock. That's the reason why the item hasn't ship yet.
    10:46 AM PDT Matthew: So when will I receive the item? I had purchased it when pre-order was available with Amazon.
    10:48 AM PDT John(Amazon): I understand that this was a pre-order Matthew and you want the item. No worries, As soon as the item is in stock your the first person to receive this. I assure you that. Once the item is ship that's the time your going to receive a confirmation for the order.
    10:50 AM PDT Matthew: What is the estimate time for Amazon to receive stock for the item? Will I be able to receive some sort of compensation due to failure of the pre-order not being in stock and fulfill the demand of the item.
    10:55 AM PDT John(Amazon): We don't have the exact time when where going to have the stock Dan since that information directly come from our Fulfillment center to the website.
    10:58 AM PDT John(Amazon): How about a promotional certificate to compensate this Dan?
    10:59 AM PDT Matthew: what does this promotional certificate entail?
    11:01 AM PDT John(Amazon): Its a promo that's you can use to purchase item from amazon. As long as the item is sold and fulfilled by Amazon.
    11:05 AM PDT Matthew: meaning what... ? Will I be able to use this certificate towards my purchase of the BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black seeing as Amazon is selling and fulfilling this item.
    11:07 AM PDT Matthew: I have never had a problem like this with Amazon. I am extremely disappointed in the way that I had pre-ordered the phone and it cannot be sent out due to lack of stock. Why would Amazon allow someone to purchase the item when stock is unavailable without any sort of timeline as to when stock will be restocked.
    11:09 AM PDT John(Amazon): I can issue a $10 promotional certificate to you Dan.
    11:10 AM PDT Matthew: My name is Matthew. Not Dan. I don't want a $10 Promo certificate. I just want The item I have purchased.
    11:10 AM PDT John(Amazon): I understand that Dan I would feel the same if I were in your shoes, However as i check in the website the time you pre-order the item it was out of stock.
    11:11 AM PDT John(Amazon): I'm sorry Matthew.
    11:12 AM PDT Matthew: All I want to know is when the item will be restocked and when I will receive my purchase.
    11:16 AM PDT John(Amazon): Unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more.
    11:21 AM PDT John(Amazon): I don't mean to rush you, but we've been idle for 3 minutes. I want to make sure our chat's still connected. If you aren't able to respond in 2 minutes, this chat will close.
    11:22 AM PDT Matthew: I would like to receive more than a $10 promo for all of my troubles.
    11:23 AM PDT Matthew: Seeing as you are unable to give me an estimated ETA for restock.
    My shipping still says that it will be delivered anytime between September 26, 2014 - September 30, 2014.
    11:24 AM PDT John(Amazon): I'm sorry Matthew. How about $20? That's my limit.
    11:25 AM PDT Matthew: I expect to receive my item by no later than the 30th. Seeing as I have payed $23.98 for Shipping & Handling
    11:26 AM PDT Matthew: How about you wave the shipping costs and I will take the $20 promo. I will be a happy customer.
    11:29 AM PDT John(Amazon): For you Matthew I'll be going beyond my Limit how about $30 and that's It. I'm sorry I can't go beyond this.
    11:30 AM PDT Matthew: Okay. I will take the $30 promo code.
    11:30 AM PDT John(Amazon): Yes! Perfect! Thank you Matthew.
    11:31 AM PDT Matthew: Thank you John, I hope Amazon can fulfill my order ASAP and I receive my item soon after.
    11:32 AM PDT John(Amazon): No worries about that. Your the first person to receive the item when we have the stock. I assure you that
    11:33 AM PDT Matthew: Thank you! How will I get this promo code?
    11:35 AM PDT John(Amazon): It will be automatically applied to your next order or when you place the item as long as the item is sold and fulfilled by Amazon.
    11:36 AM PDT John(Amazon): I'm issuing a $30 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You won't need a claim code.
    11:36 AM PDT Matthew: Okay. Thank you John for your help and concern.
    11:37 AM PDT John(Amazon): Pleasure is all mine Matthew! Was I able to resolve your issue to your satisfaction?
    11:38 AM PDT Matthew: Yes for the most part aside from me not having my item. But that is out of your hands. Thank you again.
    11:38 AM PDT John(Amazon): Yes! That's Great. You're always welcome! Enjoy the rest of your day.
    We look forward to seeing you again soon. To close this window, please click the "end chat" link."

TLR

Basically was told that they are out of stock and do not know when restock will occur.
    Ended up getting a $30 promo
    Now just a waiting game ..(n)
    09-26-14 02:00 PM
    LOL... nice haggling,... Well, I'll be surprised if Amazon is willing to sell BlackBerry devices after this experience!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 02:22 PM
    ahah thanks, all I really wanted was for my shipping to be dropped considering it was priority shipping saying it would be here and I have no phone. They basically met my needs, aside from not having stock.. so I'll just wait.
    09-26-14 02:25 PM
    I got a charge back for my shipping. Which was great of them. However, my shipping for one day was only $3.99 with Prime. I felt kind of cheated, but hey I just want my Passport!

UPDATE: Just got off chat with Amazon. Looks like it definitely isn't coming today. They said they are sold out, but since mine is processing for shipping I will be receiving it. He was able to tell me where it is shipping out of. Which if they actually process by tomorrow I can potentially receive it Monday! what a rollercoaster. haha
    Last edited by Razius; 09-26-14 at 03:10 PM.
    09-26-14 02:39 PM
    I got a charge back for my shipping. Which was great of them. However, my shipping for one day was only $3.99 with Prime. I felt kind of cheated, but hey I just want my Passport!

UPDATE: Just got off chat with Amazon. Looks like it definitely isn't coming today. They said they are sold out, but since mine is processing for shipping I will be receiving it. He was able to tell me where it is shipping out of. Which if they actually process by tomorrow I can potentially receive it Monday! what a rollercoaster. haha
    Where is it shipping out of?
    09-26-14 03:26 PM
    I just finished a chat session as well. They almost immediately waived my 24 bucks shipping. I didn't even ask. But, no info on expected delivery etc. I truly love my Z30, so at least theres that!!!
    09-26-14 03:30 PM
    I went into my order and just changed the shipping to free prime two-day shipping. After I did that, it gave me a red-colored-font "delivery estimate" of Oct 1st. Ah well,.. I have a ton of work to do by the end of this month so it's probably better that it didn't arrive today.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:44 PM
    So I just received and email from Amazon. Basically just a note to confirm that my shipping charges were waived. But also in that email was a statement that they can "confirm" that they expect to ship in time for Tuesday delivery. I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted via CB10
    Razius likes this.
    09-26-14 04:04 PM
    The jig is up. Amazon is not shipping
    09-26-14 04:33 PM
    I still think they didn't have phones to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    atpetrey likes this.
    09-26-14 05:24 PM
    My order just went to preparing for shipment!! Go figure.

Edit: and my credit card has been charged. That is the first real sign of possible shipment.
    Last edited by Cobrajett; 09-26-14 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added details
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-26-14 06:03 PM
    I still think they didn't have phones to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was shared inventory somehow and/or Amazon just wanted to get in on the action early.

Remember, Chen muttered it would be on Amazon later or something to that effect. He only gave "ShopBlackberry's" availability weight/substance.
    09-26-14 06:04 PM
    Just got email order update that new estimated delivery date is 9/30/14. Was originally today.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 06:09 PM
    LOL I think I got the cheapest Blackberry Passport, thanks amazon! Can't say more than that :P
    09-26-14 07:28 PM
    So I just got an update. It will arrive tomorrow. But I need to call because my work isn't open then. Haha and that is where it is being delivered.
    09-26-14 07:49 PM
    So I just got an update. It will arrive tomorrow. But I need to call because my work isn't open then. Haha and that is where it is being delivered.
    Thats awesome! I think?!
    09-26-14 07:54 PM
    Yeah. There is a distrabution center like 15 minutes from me. If I can't then Monday it is!

P
    Thats awesome! I think?!
    09-26-14 08:00 PM
    I ordered on Wednesday the 24th at 12:55 PM EDT: I paid $24 for express shipping, and my original estimated delivery date was Today (the 26th) up to Tuesday the 30th: my order is now marked "Preparing for Shipment", not shipped... on Friday night at 11 PM EDT... so I doubt it's going to arrive TODAY at the earliest, and doubtful it will arrive by the 30th.

My estimated delivery date is still "Sept 26 - Sept 30".

Anyone else in a similar situation? I have chatted with a rep and they have refunded me the shipping cost, but mostly, I'd like to know when to expect the device to ACTUALLY arrive.

EDIT I wonder if Amazon getting to be one of the first vendors of the Passport is part of the same arrangement that brought the Amazon App Store to BlackBerry 10... maybe ShopBlackBerry.com will be going over to Amazon?

EDIT #2: nothing frustrates me more than customer support rep non-sequiturs.

Me: "I paid $24 for 3 day express delivery, it's 3 days later and the item hasn't even shipped yet. I wouldn't have paid $24 for 3-day shipping if I thought the item wasn't going to ship for 5 days or more".
    Rep: "The delivery estimate is Sept 26 to Sept 30. Please wait for the item to arrive on Sept 30."
    Me: (sounds of loud swearing and furniture being smashed a-la "Serenity Now!" meltdown)
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 09-26-14 at 10:42 PM.
    09-26-14 10:14 PM
    Maybe, but I doubt this has been an ideal first date for either. Whatever inventory misunderstandings led to this can't really be tolerated by a company like Amazon. It's par for the course for BlackBerry, but definitely not for Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:25 PM
    This isn't the buy and sell forum, but I'm not really selling, I'm offering:

I ordered first from ShopBlackBerry.com, then got wind of the better price via Amazon, and ordered on Amazon. I immediately went to "findmyorder.com" and attempted to cancel the order and was told it was too late, the order was already being processed, but I can refuse the shipment and get a refund.

The ShopBlackBerry.com website says you can cancel orders placed on the same day: this wasn't even half an hour later and I was told it couldn't be cancelled.... and yet, my ShopBlackBerry.com order STILL has no tracking number or whatever, so I doubt it's even shipped yet.

So, I now have TWO Passport devices on their way my downtown Toronto condo... I have instructed the security staff to refuse the "Digital River / Shop BlackBerry" shipment, but I could revise that instruction if there's anyone here who wants to pay me the $805 for the ShopBlackBerry.com device?

I'm just fine with refusing the delivery and getting a refund, but if I can do a fellow CrackBerry-an a favour, then all the better.
    09-26-14 10:48 PM
    Shipping from Phoenix, AZ. I am talking to Amazon right now. They are Fedex Priority overnighting to me for tomorrow delivery. Just trying to get my address changed from work to home!

Where is it shipping out of?

UPDATE:
    Just got done with Amazon, they just made my evening! Got my address changed and my Passport will be here by tomorrow no later than 12:00PM CST. What a rollercoaster it has been, but I am glad it's about to come to a close.
    09-26-14 11:00 PM
    Tomorrow is saturday

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:23 AM
162 ... 23456 ...