I guess I'll leave the Amazon order open until shopblackberry.com says it's back in stock, just in case for some weird reason Amazon gets stock first.

On the bright side, selling out does bode well for Blackberry (although 200,000 units isn't really that many; I guess they weren't expecting a good launch).
    Compared to what? An iPhone? No. A Galaxy? No. But that's decent in itself, and for the type of phone it is, it's astonishing.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-26-14 07:53 AM
    A part of me is a bit happy that my order was delayed. I cancelled the order, and it gives me time to wait to hear information about the white version. Always preferred white phones, just didn't wanna miss out on the Passport and went with a pre-order of the black.
    sunetos likes this.
    09-26-14 07:57 AM
    Damn,.. sad news for me... good news for BlackBerry I suppose. Ah well,.. there are worse things in life than waiting a few more days.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:57 AM
    Damn,.. sad news for me... good news for BlackBerry I suppose. Ah well,.. there are worse things in life than waiting a few more days.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. There are many worse things in life. I just wish this launch had gone a little more smoothly, both for my sake and for the sake of BBRY. But these things happen, hopefully they have many more successful launches to come and they'll get good at it!
    09-26-14 08:03 AM
    On the earnings call, it is being reported that orders for the Passport were 200,000 and that ShopBlackberry sold out in 6 hours & Amazon sold out in 10 hours.

They are saying it was a limited shipment & the big shipment hits next Wednesday.
    sunetos likes this.
    09-26-14 08:06 AM
    Just talked to Amazon rep. He has refunded me my shipping charges. I didn't ask and really don't care if they did. But he said to just wait one more business day for it to arrive. So I will either be receiving it Monday or Tuesday. Kind of stinks I can't get to play with it all weekend, but at least I will have it in before I fly out on my business trip next week!

Side note: I can't believe they sold 200,000 units! That's pretty awesome and am glad they are gaining success again.
    09-26-14 08:13 AM
    Bad news... just got this email:
    "Hello,
    We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on September 24, 2014
    "BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black"
    Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on October 26, 2014, if we haven't located it by then.
    You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:
    [Link Removed]
    By approving the new delivery estimate, you are letting us know that you still want the item(s).
    We'll make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
    Feel free to reach out to Customer Service with any questions

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department"

So looks like I'm definitely not receiving mine today, or probably anytime soon. This is ridiculous.
    I woke up to the same e-mail.
    09-26-14 08:18 AM
    Me too! It saddens me to see it, but it is what it is. I should still get it before my business trip, and that to me is all that matters.

I woke up to the same e-mail.
    09-26-14 08:21 AM
    No change in my order status this morning. But, no email saying that I won't get it either. I wait now for the inevitable delay email. I'm inclined to cancel but the credit on my Amazon account that I am using makes me want to wait it out. Hopefully some of you get your Amazon orders soon.
    09-26-14 08:27 AM
    I would wait it out. The rep seemed pretty confident orders were getting fulfilled. Mine still says shipping soon with a delivery of today, but talking to the rep it could be today or Monday to Tuesday. So I just think they poorly handled their system with the Passport.

No change in my order status this morning. But, no email saying that I won't get it either. I wait now for the inevitable delay email. I'm inclined to cancel but the credit on my Amazon account that I am using makes me want to wait it out. Hopefully some of you get your Amazon orders soon.
    Cobrajett likes this.
    09-26-14 08:35 AM
    I would wait it out. The rep seemed pretty confident orders were getting fulfilled. Mine still says shipping soon with a delivery of today, but talking to the rep it could be today or Monday to Tuesday. So I just think they poorly handled their system with the Passport.
    Being that it's now Friday, it gives them a little breathing room for the weekend to get in the shipment. My concern is if BlackBerry themselves don't actually have enough in their channels to provide these non-carrier retailers.

Posted via CB10
    atpetrey and Cobrajett like this.
    09-26-14 08:39 AM
    I ordered the BlackBerry Passport on Wednesday morning on Amazon. I didn't receive any indication that they were on back order or if they didn't have enough on hand. Anyways, I chose 1 day shipping which cost approximately $20 and I received a estimated delivery date of Friday (today). Now first thing in the morning today I get an email update saying there is a delay, and it seems as if they are looking for the phone. It gave me the option to cancel the order or just wait until they "find" it. WTF? I don't quite understand how they could be having this issue. Does anyone else have the same problem? Did they oversell the amount of phones on hand? If so that is shady.
    09-26-14 08:41 AM
    Well, I paid for one day shipping, so they better give me some money back on the shipping if I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.
    09-26-14 08:42 AM
    I just got that too.
    09-26-14 08:43 AM
    Bad news... just got this email:
    "Hello,
    We're still trying to obtain the following item[s] you ordered on September 24, 2014
    "BlackBerry Passport - Factory Unlocked Smartphone - Black"
    Still want it? We'll keep on trying. To keep your order for this item open, please click the link below. Otherwise, we'll cancel your order on October 26, 2014, if we haven't located it by then.
    You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:
    [Link Removed]
    By approving the new delivery estimate, you are letting us know that you still want the item(s).
    We'll make every effort to get the delayed item(s) to you as soon as possible. If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in Your Account
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
    Feel free to reach out to Customer Service with any questions

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department"

So looks like I'm definitely not receiving mine today, or probably anytime soon. This is ridiculous.

I just received that email too. Sucks
    09-26-14 08:45 AM
    I called them yesterday and they gave me a refund for shipping + $5 credit on my account.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:53 AM
    I talked to an Amazon rep this morning. If you just inquire with them about it, I'm fairly positive they will refund you the shipping. Mine was refunded, granted that was the Amazon Prime $3.99. So I know that wouldn't mind with them.

Well, I paid for one day shipping, so they better give me some money back on the shipping if I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.
    09-26-14 09:00 AM
    I know folk are a little upset, but please keep the language family friendly. CB has female and underage members also.
    09-26-14 09:06 AM
    I talked to an Amazon rep this morning. If you just inquire with them about it, I'm fairly positive they will refund you the shipping. Mine was refunded, granted that was the Amazon Prime $3.99. So I know that wouldn't mind with them.
    Did you have to cancel your order to get a refund of the $3.99 or just express your displeasure?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:07 AM
    I wonder if anyone that ordered got a shipment confirmation from Amazon. Also if people that had a delivery estimate of the 29th got the out of stock email... Thx
    09-26-14 10:06 AM
    I wonder how many people actually receives a phone from Amazon?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 10:11 AM
    Does anyone know for sure if these phones will be coming in Monday or Tuesday? Or is it a couple of weeks wait? If it's a week or a little more, I can definitely hold out on not having a phone until then
    09-26-14 10:27 AM
    Does anyone know for sure if these phones will be coming in Monday or Tuesday? Or is it a couple of weeks wait? If it's a week or a little more, I can definitely hold out on not having a phone until then
    I don't think any two people have received the same info from Amazon. Usually they are better than this in my experience. I am in Canada and a bunch of you seem to be in the US. I did select the fastest shipping method for $23 but that shipping window was Friday to next Tuesday. I have not received a "delay" email, but based on everything I am reading here, I am losing hope. I don't think I have ever been so anxious about a new device!
    09-26-14 10:35 AM
    I also from Canada and ordered from Amazon.com around 4:30pm Wednesday since shopblackberry cancelled my order for no apparent reason even though I was one of the first orders placed and got a confirmation number. So I ordered from Amazon.com instead.

I received no email from amazon.com concerning delay, but did contact amazon.com by chat and they told me that the item is out of the stock and that will try to honor their shipping estimate by shipping it by next Tuesday, they added a note to my account to ship ASAP and they waived the shipping fee. I had set to fastest shipping courier and my shipping estimate is Today till Sept 30 Tuesday.

So all in all my cost is now around 750$ CAD which saves me on the taxes and unlock fee if I had purchased outright from overpriced Telus.
    09-26-14 10:56 AM
    I'm still sitting on shipping now with estimated delivery by 8PM today. Obviously that isn't right, but only thing the rep said was wait one more business for everything to update. So to my understanding that means I would get it Tuesday. But who really knows at this point. I am frustrated because Amazon has been kind of silent on this matter for everyone other than saying be patient.
    09-26-14 11:25 AM
162 12345 ...