In retrospect it's easy to say BlackBerry should have had more ready.

But seriously. A company that's suffered billions in hardware inventory write downs and you don't think they were a bit apprehensive at first?
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-03-14 02:29 AM
    I'm not sure where you heard 850,00 for break even. Pretty sure Chen said 150k. Which they have already surpassed.

I highly prefer this alliance with amazon rather than the alternative like what happened with the last bb20 launches. Like where I had to buy my z10 and Z30 from Canada to get it in a timely manner. And pay more than I should have might I add.

I know it sucks waiting for amazon, and I as well almost peed my pants when I saw that amazon email This morning but patience is key. Trust the Chen!

On a side note the passport amazon email was for third party sellers thus the price hike, it's not being shipped yet direct from amazon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 = heaven.
    475,000 according to this article http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=963191

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:26 AM
    What did I post about NEVER TRUST anything written at likes like Seeking Alpha? That is a link to a SA article. And this writer is an anonymous one.
    mister2d and mjdimer like this.
    10-03-14 07:05 AM
    What did I post about NEVER TRUST anything written at likes like Seeking Alpha? That is a link to a SA article. And this writer is an anonymous one.
    ^^^ Please listen to this post. Seeking Alpha? lol bunch of hacks there always writing for shock value.
    10-03-14 02:02 PM
    I'm not sure where you heard 850,00 for break even. Pretty sure Chen said 150k. Which they have already surpassed.
    They need to sell 10 million units in total of all devices that are made by BB - in which he has mentioned they need to sell close to a million units of the Passport (didn't read anything specifically related to breaking even) Sorry but 150,000 wouldn't justify, or even cover the R&D of making the Passport.
    Crazed_BB_Fanatic likes this.
    10-03-14 04:03 PM
    ^^^ Please listen to this post. Seeking Alpha? lol bunch of hacks there always writing for shock stock value.
    Fixed it for you.
    mister2d likes this.
    10-03-14 05:41 PM
    It's not the first item where demand has exceeded supply and it won't be the last. It's been a few days that's all. Honestly, people are reacting as though there's a food shortage here.

Posted via CB10
    You'd think this was about replacing a failing dialysis machine rather than a smartphone...
    Banco, Bluenoser63 and gvs1341 like this.
    10-03-14 05:44 PM
    [QUOTE=Crazed_BB_Fanatic;10920521
    to bungle the sale of a brand new phone like that is outrageous and quite aggravating.
    [/QUOTE]

Such melodrama
    10-03-14 07:41 PM
    They need to sell 10 million units in total of all devices that are made by BB - in which he has mentioned they need to sell close to a million units of the Passport (didn't read anything specifically related to breaking even) Sorry but 150,000 wouldn't justify, or even cover the R&D of making the Passport.
    Didn't know you've seen the breakeven analysis of the device.
    10-03-14 07:42 PM
    To put this into some perspective, my employee ordered his iPhone6 on launch day and is still waiting to receive it while I ordered my Passport at launch through shop blackberry and have been playing with it for days!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:47 PM
    Please chill. Let's get some fact straight.

DO NOT listen to anyone who posts on any investment site like seekingalpha. They don't have a clue what they are talking about and almost always have a something to gain or lose.

I am not sure I have seen any figures from Blackberry on the number of units manufactured. I have never seen them in the past, they have all be SPECULATION.

Foxconn does not manufacture the Passport, they only manufacture the Z3. This means that excess Passport production would be a write down if not sold.

Please be patient.
    Vouch. You are current. Foxxcon is only the Z3. The Passport is done by someone help. At the official launch of the Passport Chen stated already that the Passport would be profitable fast, and if I remember correctly, he said that blackberry already made profit on the Passport. So not sure where 850,000 came from either?
    10-03-14 07:53 PM
    Didn't know you've seen the breakeven analysis of the device.
    It's called reading and comprehension. Try it sometime.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can read perfectly fine. It's the sources that are read which I question.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:46 PM
    amazon is slipping, they used to be so good. I got my laptop from there and it was a nightmare in trying to get it. Something so simple and they f**ck it up on 3 different orders, I had to cancel 2 of them...
    10-03-14 11:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    i wouldn't trust seeking alpha...
    mister2d and RubberChicken76 like this.
    10-03-14 11:48 PM
    I can read perfectly fine. It's the sources that are read which I question.

Posted via CB10
    If you think a company can R&D, market and sell a device at a worldwide break even number of 150,000, given the build quality and materials that BlackBerry is using... then you clearly have no compression of how things work in the business world.

Not even Apple, or Samsung who have massive supply chains in place can pull that off.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:17 PM
    i wouldn't trust seeking alpha...
    Sorry, seeking alpha? Not sure what you're specifically referring.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:19 PM
    I was in the same boat and it really ducks to wait. BlackBerry is not producing large quantities since it is tough to estimate the sell through at launch, especially after slower sales in the past.

I think it is great that the Passport is generating good sales. For all of us better for the long run. Keep your eyes open...

Posted with my Passport #workwide
    10-04-14 06:56 PM
    If you think a company can R&D, market and sell a device at a worldwide break even number of 150,000, given the build quality and materials that BlackBerry is using... then you clearly have no compression of how things work in the business world.
    I have given no opinion on what their breakeven analysis would entail (and yes, I have done them), only that I don't trust the seeking alpha "guesses" often cited as "fact" on CrackBerry.
    10-07-14 01:01 AM
    Let's not derail this thread! Everytime I check it I'm hoping someone here actually got a shipping confirmation from amazon. They didn't even take money out of my account yet..I ordered 11 days ago wth
    10-07-14 01:23 PM
    Wasn't the fastest but finally got it yesterday!
    Time line for those interested (to Ottawa, Canada) :
    Ordered: launch day, 2:47PM EST
    Shipped: Oct 1, 4:40AM EST, scheduled delivery for Oct 7
    Arrived: Oct 6, a day early.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:04 PM
    It's IS frustrating, especially since some people have been able to order and receive the phone later than us, ans for a better price.

I'm glad for everyone who have already taken delivery, but it is frustrating, especially since there is NO communication from Amazon.

GBA
    mona5804 likes this.
    10-07-14 02:04 PM
    I hope I'm wrong but on the second day the passport was released I decided to purchase it through amazon. An hour or two before that I noticed something on the product page "get this item by November 14th". Idk what that is all about but I didn't see the same message when I finally ordered my passport.
    10-07-14 09:36 PM
    bump

so i guess i was the only one that saw the november 14th date. oh well. quote me if it happens to ship on that date.
    10-08-14 01:13 PM
    I didn't see the November date, but if that is the date it ends up shipping there are going to be some very, very unhappy crackbarrians.

GBA
    10-08-14 01:29 PM
55 123