I believe it could be the keyboard loose keys/ double clicking issues. Some folks I know had the KB issue and sent it back to Amazon, perhaps that triggered it.

Or it could be the autofocus camera hardware malfunction (another known issue). who knows
    Or more likely what was said in post #12...

No need to go looking for wild guesses of device issues which have been outliers rather than the norm.
    12-06-14 08:03 AM
    Yup just cleared. Oh well, wonder what that was all about.
    CLIK BAIT!! what a waste of time,thanks
    12-06-14 08:28 AM
    Or rename and say not actually? :P

So many idgits who fully believe their idiotic assumptions that they make about random facts or details that they should have just read into -.-

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Also know as "bloggers".
    sam81 likes this.
    12-06-14 08:40 AM
    I'm not saying all of them, I'm just saying most of the defective or weaker built ones were the Amazon first few batches :P

Please cite a source or link to this specific info.
    I would be very interested in reading about this.

If none can be provided then your statement is completely false.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 09:18 AM
    Please cite a source or link to this specific info.
    I would be very interested in reading about this.

If none can be provided then your statement is completely false.

Posted via CB10
    As we've all said, this is a forum for basing opinions and ideas, not always hard facts.

That aside, use that search tool up there /|\ and search the CB forums. Won't take you long to see that most of the defective BlackBerry Passports were all in the first few shipments from Amazon and Digital River.

I'd quote the other guy who said this to me too, but I'm too lazy to go pages back on the app since multiquoting isn't as simple as on the CB website.. :P

12-06-14 09:32 AM
    yes it shows up fine with me as well
    12-06-14 10:37 AM
    Why an Apple Fan boy would have bought a BlackBerry Passport $600 US dollar first, just for complaining about BlackBerry? And have enough Apple Fan boy buying a BlackBerry Passport to significantly induce Amazon to issue a warning....

Conspiracy theories....

I suggest pills, physician, psychotherapy and necessarily not in that order....

Posted via CB10
    Chill out.

8310 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport ftw
    Last edited by RoyaleWChz; 12-06-14 at 11:01 AM.
    RP Singh likes this.
    12-06-14 10:49 AM
    8310 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 -> Z30 -> Passport ftw
    12-06-14 11:01 AM
    Probably. First shipments were indeed defective. I went through 3 handsets before I got a new shipment device.

Posted via CB10
    What was wrong with them?
    12-06-14 12:04 PM
    It seems like they are just updating the description and it was more to do with the listing info?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:30 PM
    All I see is 5 Star reviews and they keep increasing...
    12-06-14 01:55 PM
    Honestly it does seem likes there's a real issue with the keyboards, be it loose/wobbly keys are backlight bleed. I'm on my third passport, and this one even seems to be a refurb, but it's my best device in terms of build quality. Knock on wood anyways, lol

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:02 PM
    All I see is 5 Star reviews and they keep increasing...
    All they had to do was contact Amazon and they got a free replacement Prime delivered if i remember the other threads correctly...

The device itself is phenomenal, I'd expect those types of reviews

12-06-14 03:19 PM
    Why an Apple Fan boy would have bought a BlackBerry Passport $600 US dollar first, just for complaining about BlackBerry? And have enough Apple Fan boy buying a BlackBerry Passport to significantly induce Amazon to issue a warning....

Conspiracy theories....

I suggest pills, physician, psychotherapy and necessarily not in that order....

Posted via CB10
    I suggest having your sarcasm detector updated to the latest firmware.
    RP Singh likes this.
    12-06-14 03:49 PM
    Did you mean like built on a Monday or Tuesday (when a worker is awake and robust) as opposed to a Friday when the workers are just trying to get outta work for the weekend?

I'm not saying all of them, I'm just saying most of the defective or weaker built ones were the Amazon first few batches :P

Luv'n my Passport
    12-06-14 10:06 PM
    Honestly it does seem likes there's a real issue with the keyboards, be it loose/wobbly keys are backlight bleed. I'm on my third passport, and this one even seems to be a refurb, but it's my best device in terms of build quality. Knock on wood anyways, lol

Posted via CB10
    This is curious. Everyone I know loves their Passport, yet posters here on CrackBerry claim to have received multiple faulty units. How does that happen. At least two people have said they got "three" bad Passports. Does Amazon like to play jokes on these people by sending them defective merchandise? A lemon here and there, sure, maybe. More than one lemon being shipped to the same customer? Highly unlikely. Something else is going on.
    12-07-14 08:11 AM
    This is curious. Everyone I know loves their Passport, yet posters here on CrackBerry claim to have received multiple faulty units. How does that happen. At least two people have said they got "three" bad Passports. Does Amazon like to play jokes on these people by sending them defective merchandise? A lemon here and there, sure, maybe. More than one lemon being shipped to the same customer? Highly unlikely. Something else is going on.
    It is really strange... all of the people i know here that got it have loved it, including myself, no issues :/

12-07-14 04:27 PM
    I think that it could be that some people are more, for lack of a better term, OCD and perfectionists about their devices. I know that many, many people were complaining of the splotch that appears around the BB logo on the back, apparently due to adhesive issues or something or that sort. Some people may never examine their device closely enough to notice it, decide that its not a big enough deal to worry about, or even slap a case on it and never have the chance of noticing it in the first place.

The keyboard issues are just due to poor quality control, in my opinion. The physical keyboard, arguably the main draw of the device, should be working flawlessly IMO. However, what is considered a loose or wobbly key to person A might not even be in the mindset of person B; either they do not notice it, have not tested all of their keys to see if some perform differently than others, or have not broken the device in enough to have the issues in the first place.

Of course, not ALL passports have these issues (though the splotch on the back is one that appears more common than the others), and I might add that only 1 of my first two had keyboard issues, and that was one purchased from ShopBB and not Amazon.

My main point, and I realize this post is way too long, but not all PP users will notice these keyboard issues because they are very slight - but IMO worth a RMA because of the money spent on the device and because of the warranty provided by BB. I really like my PP a lot, and this is not to say that don't like the device - its to say that I like the device enough that I would like it to be as flawless as possible when it comes to build quality, and when I'm still within the 30 day return window.
    12-07-14 05:20 PM
43 12