Hello CB fellows,

I went to amazon.com and found out that passport average ratings are much higher iPhone 6 plus rating. Also, passport has more reviews too! I am shocked!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 05:15 PM
    Hello CB fellows,

I went to amazon.com and found out that passport average ratings are much higher iPhone 6 plus rating. Also, passport has more reviews too! I am shocked!

Posted via CB10
    Fascinating! Getting ready to join the Passport family but I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have to say, it's a truly outstanding phone - forever battery life, amazing App ecosystem and a stable, fluid OS with a strong commitment by Apple to fix issues quickly. And, I'm not an Apple guy by any stretch.

Can't wait to compare to the Passport, for sure, though I'm not surprised the Passport has such high average ratings - it looks like a fabulous device!!
    OfficerRandall likes this.
    06-01-15 05:43 PM
    This is because BlackBerry owners are more likely to want to justify their purchase.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:24 PM
    For me I can't complain about how great ip6, but still using my Z10 .
    The hub and the keyboard is the reason.
    I ended up using iPad at home and Z10 at work.
    I want a touch screen phone, so the passport is not for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:31 PM
    This is because BlackBerry owners are more likely to want to justify their purchase.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but..there are enough Blackberry haters out there to swamp any good attempt by happy BlackBerry customers, so I tend to think the positive reviews are actually genuine.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 06:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it's more than owners wanting to justify their purchase. Consumer ratings is usually more about users' expectations versus what the product actually delivers. And usually when you do lots of marketing, the hype and expectations of the product goes extremely high to the point that even when the product is good is becomes a disappointment.

With the Passport, owners usually research the product first. With no/few units in display and no marketing, users knew about the passport from their own research. If you researched the product you know what to expect from it. Such that when you buy the product and your expectations are met, you are satisfied.

The Passport is a great device and I love my Passport, but I also know that it's not for everybody specifically because of some missing apps (even with the Android app compatibility).

I've had the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and sadly each iteration is like buying the same product with a very very slight improvement. Am a mobile phone junkie and I also have Android (Samsung S3, S5) and WP (HTC 8x, Lumia 1020) phones but this is the first time I had a Blackberry and I was amazed by what it could do. If Blackberry marketed the product more it would sell more but expect the ratings to go down (see my expectations versus delivered features theory above).

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:42 PM
    Look at the numbers of reviews. The number of reviews given by BlackBerry purchasers is totally out of sync with the volume of sales of the device. All recent BlackBerry devices have large numbers of reviews even when compared with the most popular phones within the Amazon trading area. BlackBerry fans are the best ... perhaps not their phones.
    kirson likes this.
    06-01-15 09:21 PM
    Both are very good phones but due to their spec differences I think they might cater to very different type of users.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    06-01-15 09:33 PM
    I love my Passport! Just sayin!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.680
    06-01-15 09:50 PM
    I think it's more than owners wanting to justify their purchase. Consumer ratings is usually more about users' expectations versus what the product actually delivers. And usually when you do lots of marketing, the hype and expectations of the product goes extremely high to the point that even when the product is good is becomes a disappointment.

With the Passport, owners usually research the product first. With no/few units in display and no marketing, users knew about the passport from their own research. If you researched the product you know what to expect from it. Such that when you buy the product and your expectations are met, you are satisfied.

The Passport is a great device and I love my Passport, but I also know that it's not for everybody specifically because of some missing apps (even with the Android app compatibility).

I've had the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and sadly each iteration is like buying the same product with a very very slight improvement. Am a mobile phone junkie and I also have Android (Samsung S3, S5) and WP (HTC 8x, Lumia 1020) phones but this is the first time I had a Blackberry and I was amazed by what it could do. If Blackberry marketed the product more it would sell more but expect the ratings to go down (see my expectations versus delivered features theory above).

Posted via CB10
    I think this is right. I fix eyefones for a living. I'll take BlackBerry any day over apple. I also have a Note 3. I never went out of my way to give is a review any where because I got what I expected. Actually my opinion of the Note 3 has diminished over time. The phone is only a year or so old and the screen is crapping out. I have BlackBerry phones at my office that are years old and still work fine. Now when it comes to my Passport, I got way more than I expected. I read a bunch of reviews as I did with the note before I bought it. But the Passport exceeded my expectations by far. I was weary of going back to a keyboard and having a square phone was new to me as well. But this phone out performs everything I have ever touched so I went out to make a review. I get asked a lot by my customer when they drop off a phone o pick one up, what kind of phone I use or they ask my as a professional, what do I use. So I walk back to the work area and get my Passport. And every person either know what the Passport is but never seen it and say "wow, that's a nice phone", or they say "wow they're still around, and that's a nice *** phone". So I try to be an ambassador of sorts. In fact today alone I had two people ask me how the company of BlackBerry is doing, so I explain to them what happened with the storm (which most of them know about) and how Chen is here to help right the ship and I tell them what direction Chen is taking. Now I try to do it quickly, but make a point that BlackBerry is here and well.

Posted via CB10
    QNX4all likes this.
    06-01-15 10:16 PM
    Look at the numbers of reviews. The number of reviews given by BlackBerry purchasers is totally out of sync with the volume of sales of the device. All recent BlackBerry devices have large numbers of reviews even when compared with the most popular phones within the Amazon trading area. BlackBerry fans are the best ... perhaps not their phones.
    Actually the number of reviews are just about right. We have to consider that iPhone have a lot more sales channel thus most would not buy over Amazon and post their reviews there.

I actually got curious and tried to filter the reviews by verified purchases (meaning they actually purchased from Amazon the device). 78% of the Passport reviews are verified purchases. 70% of iPhone 6 Plus are verified Purchases and 80% of iPhone 6 reviews are verified purchases.

So I guess the numbers aren't really that much skewed by non-purchasing reviewers. It's just a matter of other phones having a much broader sales channel. It's true that we really don't know the actual volume of Amazon for the iPhone but I do believe the Passport was one of their top sellers for a few months after it's release.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-01-15 11:02 PM
    Actually the number of reviews are just about right. We have to consider that iPhone have a lot more sales channel thus most would not buy over Amazon and post their reviews there.

I actually got curious and tried to filter the reviews by verified purchases (meaning they actually purchased from Amazon the device). 78% of the Passport reviews are verified purchases. 70% of iPhone 6 Plus are verified Purchases and 80% of iPhone 6 reviews are verified purchases.

So I guess the numbers aren't really that much skewed by non-purchasing reviewers. It's just a matter of other phones having a much broader sales channel. It's true that we really don't know the actual volume of Amazon for the iPhone but I do believe the Passport was one of their top sellers for a few months after it's release.

Posted via CB10
    I think a site that sells plans and phones is a better comparator. Go to AT&T . I would imagine that the sales of Samsung S6's and Iphone 6's would be many multiples of the Passport yet the review numbers are over compensated. This does mean that the Passport is a bad phone but rather BlackBerry fans are more likely to give a review. For myself, I would be more concerned with the double typing and other defect reviews given here.

The Z30 is a fantastic bargain out there, is my review.
    06-01-15 11:40 PM
    Maybe because people tends to buy iPhone from apple stores if not from their carriers

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 03:16 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is just better than iPhone 6. That's it!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:01 PM
    Yeah but..there are enough Blackberry haters out there to swamp any good attempt by happy BlackBerry customers, so I tend to think the positive reviews are actually genuine.

Posted via CB10
    And with the constant Apple bashing on this forum you don't think that the same holds true for people reviewing the iPhone and wanting to bring the reviews down?
    06-02-15 09:19 PM
    Android, iphone their both the same in their own world's. BlackBerry Passport is in a world of its own. And that can not be disputed.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 10:06 PM
    And with the constant Apple bashing on this forum you don't think that the same holds true for people reviewing the iPhone and wanting to bring the reviews down?
    I think I posted the figures of the ratings made by Verified Purchases in Amazon. It's roughly the same at around 80%. So the reviews are more or less made by customers who actually purchased the product.

And if you filter the reviews to only those with verified purchases the ratings more or less hold true for both devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 06:39 AM
    I believe that each one of us have specific use of our mobile devices. I own a passport. Ipad and a samsung phone. BlackBerry is used for messaging and mails which others cannot beat. For other purposes the other os may be better. So it's a matter of utility.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:36 AM
    I would agree that it has something to do with expectations. BlackBerry isn't something you just buy. Most people will do at least some research before buying a device like the Passport. The will already know that the ecosystem is not great for example.

And then, of course, the Passport actually deserves great reviews. Any major flaws come down to the BlackBerry ecosystem in general, which is indeed poor. But the device as such is great. Awesome battery life, enough performance, good screen, superb keyboard, excellent build quality, great OS for most needs.

If people buy a device that raises questions in public, they want to explain why they find it great.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:27 AM
    As rightly said, who used almost all mobile devices in the market wants a change in display,battery,solid performance, they prefers passport.. it is like earn it.. I have used all os andriod,ioS which cannot at with BlackBerry os and passport..u will be unique and different from others. Everybody will have iphone,Samsung.. passports are mostly used by professionals who know it capacity and use..

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:44 AM