So the Amazon app doesn't open on my Passport.

It worked on my Z10. I used BlackBerry Link to switch devices. On Passport the app asks permission and then just closes.

Ideas?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:24 PM
    I have a Q10 with 1154 and Netflix is available.
    Tomorrow I am getting the Passport and will check it.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:50 PM

It worked on my Z10. I used BlackBerry Link to switch devices. On Passport the app asks permission and then just closes.

Ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Download the app store through the browser and install over what you have. I had the same problem.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-01-14 07:01 PM
    Download the app store through the browser and install over what you have. I had the same problem.

Thanks... any chance you have the link handy? It's been a while since I downloaded it before.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:25 PM
    Thanks... any chance you have the link handy? It's been a while since I downloaded it before.

Posted via CB10
    This should work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-app...UvbUpU10917092

10-01-14 07:54 PM
    This should work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get-app...UvbUpU10918161

Thanks.

But it's the weirdest thing. That link will open but will not save.

So here I sit, with the newest whiz bang tool that BlackBerry touted with Amazon apps... and I can't use the Amazon apps that I was able to use of my old Z10.

Thanks BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:49 AM

Ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Did you have the Amazon app store installed on your Z10? I did, and I also restored to the Passport. I had _exactly_ the same problem as you're having. I was unable to delete the Amazon app in order to reinstall it. I finally gave up and backed up the Passport, and restored everything but the application data, and installed my apps from scratch. The Amazon app store has worked perfectly since then.
    10-02-14 12:56 AM
    Did you have the Amazon app store installed on your Z10? I did, and I also restored to the Passport. I had _exactly_ the same problem as you're having. I was unable to delete the Amazon app in order to reinstall it. I finally gave up and backed up the Passport, and restored everything but the application data, and installed my apps from scratch. The Amazon app store has worked perfectly since then.
    Thanks, but that seems way too cumbersome. There is quite a bit of application data that I want backed up from previous so not really an acceptable option for me.

Unbelievable that BlackBerry advertises Amazon for the Passport when you have to jump through such ridiculous hoops.

Another epic FAIL BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:10 AM
    Thanks, but that seems way too cumbersome. There is quite a bit of application data that I want backed up from previous so not really an acceptable option for me.

Unbelievable that BlackBerry advertises Amazon for the Passport when you have to jump through such ridiculous hoops.

Another epic FAIL BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    Chill out. Nothing's happening, at least not yet. Just click below, and then click the big yellow button.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/and...UvbUpU10918251

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:41 AM
    Chill out. Nothing's happening, at least not yet. Just click below, and then click the big yellow button.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/and...UvbUpU10919224

Posted via CB10
    I HAVE done that!

Like I said... it won't save the file!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:08 AM
    I HAVE done that!

Your
    Posted via CB10
    Lol, this is way off topic but why don't you just go to the same link on a computer and just save it to your BlackBerry?

Anyway, back on topic...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:11 AM
    I HAVE done that!

Posted via CB10
    Check your browser settings and make sure the download location is where you think it should be. I had no problem clicking that link on my Passport, so I'm certain the browser isn't inherently incapable of handling the link. Something else must be going on, and my best guess is it has to do with some browser setting or other.
    10-02-14 09:16 AM
    Check your browser settings and make sure the download location is where you think it should be. I had no problem clicking that link on my Passport, so I'm certain the browser isn't inherently incapable of handling the link. Something else must be going on, and my best guess is it has to do with some browser setting or other.
    I can access the link. Even choose the path of where to download... but when I click SAVE it doesn't save... just goes right back to the web page.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:30 AM
    PM me and I'll email you the .apk file. It's about 6 MB.
    10-02-14 09:33 AM
    Lol, this is way off topic but why don't you just go to the same link on a computer and just save it to your BlackBerry?

Anyway, back on topic...

Posted via CB10
    Why is it off topic?

Title = Amazon app store and Passport.

I couldn't get Amazon app to work on Passport after using it for ages on Z10. If that's not on topic, I guess I'm really missing something.

Nevertheless, was just able to run the APK by emailing the file from Laptop.

Still doesn't explain why Passport wouldn't save the file directly. Seems like a Passport glitch.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:43 AM
    I can access the link. Even choose the path of where to download... but when I click SAVE it doesn't save... just goes right back to the web page.

Posted via CB10
    I get this problem in my Z10 if I'm trying to download an app from Amazon which I already have installed from Snap. Delete the app from Snap and then restart Amazon and do a clean install of that specific app. Since they are different stores, it can't do an update

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    10-02-14 11:45 AM
    Why is it off topic?

Title = Amazon app store and Passport.

I couldn't get Amazon app to work on Passport after using it for ages on Z10. If that's not on topic, I guess I'm really missing something.

Nevertheless, was just able to run the APK by emailing the file from Laptop.

Still doesn't explain why Passport wouldn't save the file directly. Seems like a Passport glitch.

Posted via CB10
    On your passport browser, does the menu > downloads page open?
    I had a problem before where my browser downloads simply didn't work and the downloads page also wouldn't open.
    10-03-14 12:25 AM
    On your passport browser, does the menu > downloads page open?
    I had a problem before where my browser downloads simply didn't work and the downloads page also wouldn't open.
    Yes, it opens and even lets me choose where to save the file. But it just doesn't save.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:29 AM
    Easiest Solution : use Snap.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 02:51 PM
    So Bla1ze just posted that he has noticed something funky going on with Amazon (to use some of his words). I've noticed it too. Key apps are disappearing from BlackBerry but appear otherwise. Netflix is a notable one for sure. Nothing has improved either since the launch and things are actually seemingly going in the other direction. It's like either Amazon or the devs are intentionally withholding these certain critical apps from BlackBerry. Maybe the tinfoil hats weren't so far off when they said certain developers actually want BlackBerry to fail.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:52 PM
    So Bla1ze just posted that he has noticed something funky going on with Amazon (to use some of his words). I've noticed it too. Key apps are disappearing from BlackBerry but appear otherwise. Netflix is a notable one for sure. Nothing has improved either since the launch and things are actually seemingly going in the other direction. It's like either Amazon or the devs are intentionally withholding these certain critical apps from BlackBerry. Maybe the tinfoil hats weren't so far off when they said certain developers actually want BlackBerry to fail.

Posted via CB10
    What the fuuuh!

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    10-08-14 12:27 AM
    What the fuuuh!

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Yeah, that's about my assessment of the situation. I would love to hear an official explanation 'cause this "partnership" ain't doing much of anything for BlackBerry right now. Well, I shouldn't say that. BlackBerry World is slowly dying, and Amazon App Store is denying us apps. It's cool I guess.
    10-08-14 01:17 AM
    Leave it to BlackBerry to grab defeat from the jaws of victory!

One more example of epic opportunity turned into epic FAILURE!
    10-08-14 09:23 AM
    Maybe it's because I'm basically new to #teamblackberry, but I really don't understand the hysteria in all of these threads. There are hiccups and problems with the launch. The Demand was woefully underestimated (though for very good reasons). And there are unforeseen problems (like disappearing apps on the amazon store). Blackberry needs to put out some fires even as they try to ramp up production to meet the demand. But it is completely unreasonable for people to expect them to be able to do this instantly. If this situation continues for the next couple of months, then I could understand people being freaked out about it. But blackberry was only just made aware of this amazon situation. Give them a couple of weeks to get to the bottom of it and get it sorted out. As a long time iphone user (original iphone, purchased the first day they were available), I've seen that even apple (with all it's billions in the bank) has had launches that frustrated their end users.

And look, if this less than perfect launch is simply unacceptable to you (or you don't trust blackberry's ability to fix it), you can always just vote with your dollars and buy an iphone or a nokia phone or whatever. Me? I plan to be happily using my new passport when it (Amazon willing and the creek don't rise) arrives in a few weeks.

People just need to be patient and give Blackberry a chance to get their ducks all back in a row. Oh well, opinions vary I suppose.
    10-08-14 10:33 AM
    There's definitely something fishy going on. I'm guessing that Amazon is squeezing BBRY for some extra fees to make apps available.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:41 AM
244 ... 56789 ...