I couldn't find netflix or tapatalk this morning on the amazon store with my passport. Had to use snap
    Just saw this, three minutes ago, searched, found, and installed Tapatalk on my Passport! There must be regional blackouts of some sort.

Amazon Appstore & Passport: Unbelievable situation!-img_20140930_095209.jpg
    09-30-14 08:51 AM
    Subscribed

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:16 AM
    It can't be regional. Because these apps all show up on my Q10 but not the Passport.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    09-30-14 09:29 AM
    Just saw this, three minutes ago, searched, found, and installed Tapatalk on my Passport! There must be regional blackouts of some sort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140930_095209.jpg 
Views:	1186 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	301807
    It can't be regional. Because these apps all show up on my Q10 but not the Passport.

Same here. I also tried searching for Tapatalk now on my Passport, and I cannot find it either.
    09-30-14 09:39 AM
    FWIW, I reached out to BlackBerry to inquire about this after having confirmed it myself. They were unaware of any reasoning as to why this would be happening but they are now aware of it and are currently looking into it. If / when I hear from them I will update you all here.

One thing to note that's important and COULD be relevant here is the fact that Amazon is working with BlackBerry to ensure apps run correctly, so there is a GOOD chance that some apps are just being adjusted and will return once they've passed testing. That however, is not an 'official' response, just me thinking out loud knowing how things are actually being handled from previous discussions with BlackBerry.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer than that right now but I am looking into it and have even offered my own assistance to BlackBerry to further troubleshoot it / find the root cause of it. I don't think it's a HUGE conspiracy theory or anything like that lol. There is legit reasons that it could be happening, so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it.
    Thanks boss.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    09-30-14 10:01 AM
    The most absurd thing is that there is no APK for Blend in Amazon App Store... talk about a patnership... and i can't extract the apk file to install it on my Kindle Fire
    09-30-14 11:19 AM
    The most absurd thing is that there is no APK for Blend in Amazon App Store... talk about a patnership... and i can't extract the apk file to install it on my Kindle Fire
    There are no BlackBerry Built applications on the Amazon appstore, period. I can imagine that seems strange, and from BB's point of view it seems a bit hypocritical. On one side they want other developers to support their platform (native preferably), but on the other side they themselves probably don't think adapting Blend and BBM to Amazon is worth it because Amazon's marketshare is too low. *shrug*
    namgas likes this.
    09-30-14 12:00 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Try out my Scanner app on Passport and let me know if it works or not. Here are 100 free copies with the BlackBerry World promo code "SCANNER" . Enjoy!!!

Dev of AutoCrop Scanner
    tryfe likes this.
    09-30-14 12:14 PM
    Here is a list of some of the popular apps blacklisted from the Passport on the Amazon App Store (all of these, except Instagram, work with a non-Passport device).

Yelp
    Urbanspoon
    Tripadvisor
    Vivino
    Netflix
    Kindle
    Instagram
    Tapatalk

I'm sure there are more than this. Big hitters seem to be blacklisted.
    09-30-14 02:00 PM
    Here is a list of some of the popular apps blacklisted from the Passport on the Amazon App Store (all of these, except Instagram, work with a non-Passport device).

Yelp
    Urbanspoon
    Tripadvisor
    Vivino
    Netflix
    Kindle
    Instagram
    Tapatalk

I'm sure there are more than this. Big hitters seem to be blacklisted.
    Now this is weird. I was never able to find TripAdvisor for my Q10 in Amazon. But you were able to get it on a non-Passport BlackBerry?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    09-30-14 03:09 PM
    Are you sure about this? I'm using the Amazon App Store without issues on the Z10, the Q10, and the Z30. I also haven't heard this from anyone else in the last few days. I'm waiting for my own Passport to arrive as well, so I can't confirm from my end for now, but will be able to in a few days.

Posted via CB10
    I loaded the Amazon App store on my Z10 and I can't find the Destiny App or PlayStation App on Amazon.

What exactly is the point of putting Amazon App store on BlackBerry phones if they are going to blacklist apps from BlackBerry? People don't care if the Amazon App Store is on their device, they care about the apps the store contains.
    09-30-14 03:40 PM
    FWIW, I reached out to BlackBerry to inquire about this after having confirmed it myself. They were unaware of any reasoning as to why this would be happening but they are now aware of it and are currently looking into it. If / when I hear from them I will update you all here.

One thing to note that's important and COULD be relevant here is the fact that Amazon is working with BlackBerry to ensure apps run correctly, so there is a GOOD chance that some apps are just being adjusted and will return once they've passed testing. That however, is not an 'official' response, just me thinking out loud knowing how things are actually being handled from previous discussions with BlackBerry.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer than that right now but I am looking into it and have even offered my own assistance to BlackBerry to further troubleshoot it / find the root cause of it. I don't think it's a HUGE conspiracy theory or anything like that lol. There is legit reasons that it could be happening, so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it.
    Hmm I would have thought that the Amazon App Store is just an extension of the Google App Store, are you saying that Amazon has their own QC process for developers?
    09-30-14 03:46 PM
    Hmm I would have thought that the Amazon App Store is just an extension of the Google App Store, are you saying that Amazon has their own QC process for developers?
    Yes Amazon Apps are a separate branch from Google Play releases. Devs need to actively support them. Like ports for BBworld but even easier for Devs. And they can remove unnecessary Google services from these releases.

09-30-14 03:49 PM
    I will sit back and wait these issues out before I buy my Passport. I'm like many, I don't like side-loading. Give me an app store with apps I want and need.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-30-14 03:50 PM
    I really don't think we have enough information to conclude that these apps are missing because they're "blacklisted", especially when some are there for some people and not others.

09-30-14 05:50 PM
    I really don't think we have enough information to conclude that these apps are missing because they're "blacklisted", especially when some are there for some people and not others.

Well blacklisted is a pretty broad term. Doesn't include the who what where side of it.
    I am still not sure anyone commented on their OS version yet, from those that can see these apps. Did you get a Passport update to .1154? Or are you on the OS it came with?

09-30-14 06:41 PM
    Listen will never be similar to the Apple Store but is pretty good. I was able to download Nest, Sonos, Hue, and Instragram through APK. Very, very happy...

Posted through my Passport #workwide
    09-30-14 07:02 PM
    Well blacklisted is a pretty broad term. Doesn't include the who what where side of it.
    I am still not sure anyone commented on their OS version yet, from those that can see these apps. Did you get a Passport update to .1154? Or are you on the OS it came with?

The behavior was the same for me on 1052 and 1154. On my Z10 I see more apps. I used to see Tripadvisor, now I don't any more. It comes up in quick search, but not in the actual search results.

It would be really prudent of Amazon to work to ensure all Amazon App Store apps are available on BlackBerry. Relative to the Amazon ecosystem, we are a huge user base actually (go figure).
    09-30-14 07:09 PM

THIS

From reading this thread, im going to go ahead and make my assumption.

If you aren't running 10.3.0.1154+, certain apps are blacklisted.

Those WITH Netflix etc available in the appstore, you are running 1154 right?
    Those without, are running something older, correct?

.. more to the story?
    09-30-14 07:17 PM
    I'm running 1052 and Manuel searching for Netflix doesn?t yield the app. It's in my Cloud storage

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:26 PM
    The behavior was the same for me on 1052 and 1154. On my Z10 I see more apps. I used to see Tripadvisor, now I don't any more. It comes up in quick search, but not in the actual search results.
    Quick search results only show the most common search terms. They don't imply that the app is in the Amazon store. I always had Tripadvisor listed in quick search results on my Q10 too, but the app was never there. Only individual city guides are actually there.

09-30-14 07:30 PM
    Quick search results only show the most common search terms. They don't imply that the app is in the Amazon store. I always had Tripadvisor listed in quick search results on my Q10 too, but the app was never there. Only individual city guides are actually there.

Except Tripadvisor is on the Amazon App Store and it was showing for me, before.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:00 AM
    Except Tripadvisor is on the Amazon App Store and it was showing for me, before.
    Okay, so it showed up for your Z10 but not for my Q10. I know because I used Tripadvisor on Android and wanted to use it on the Q10, so I searched for it several times. As it turns out, the mobile web site works very well, but that's beside the point. Presumably the reason why it didn't come up in search results for either Q10 or Passport is because of the 1:1 screen...OR because no one bothered to update the list of approved devices. I guess apps are approved per device model rather than per OS.

I went to the Amazon site and checked the "Your Devices" tab. It lists my Q10 there, but not my Passport. I don't know why not, since the app is installed on both devices.

Curiouser and curiouser.
    10-01-14 11:32 AM
    Can't understand why Hulu plus doesn't work. I have access but when I go to play video nothing happens??? Works on kindle fire phone???
    10-01-14 12:12 PM
    Anyone having any luck with cross platform emoji support? When using sms or just texting someone say like on an andriod or iPhone? I am still getting square empty boxes
    10-01-14 12:14 PM
244 ... 45678 ...