While I agree ... I'm guestimating this is a quality control situation due to the 1:1 and 1400x1400 display aspect and resolution (respectively).
    Then it should be no problem confirming that, and we can all go about our merry way then
    09-28-14 03:07 PM
    Removing the appstore was difficult. Reinstalling didn't change anything. *shrugs* Never saw any BlackBerry specific option.
    09-28-14 03:18 PM
    I'll look at this full thread in a bit here but....... let me say this.. I have all the apps you say can't be installed, installed on my Passport and I got them from Amazon.
    cman5, namgas and hayotammling like this.
    09-28-14 03:39 PM
    I'll look at this full thread in a bit here but....... let me say this.. I have all the apps you say can't be installed, installed on my Passport and I got them from Amazon.
    The questions though is, did you download them from the cloud option or physically search for them?

Have a good one!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:43 PM
    The questions though is, did you download them from the cloud option or physically search for them?

Have a good one!

Posted via CB10
    Search for em. The cloud option has never really worked on Passport. Also have to keep in mind this became an option recently as well. - https://developer.amazon.com/public/community/post/Tx3FNH2TSXEO07P/Amazon-Appstore-Now-Preloaded-on-BlackBerry-10-3. Just like on BB World, developers can decide to control which devices apps are allowed to run on. On top of that, Amazon and BlackBerry are working to ensure there's no overlap of apps, so if one app is in both it could be blocked from either or to avoid confusion.
    09-28-14 03:44 PM
    Search for em. The cloud option has never really worked on Passport. Also have to keep in mind this became an option recently as well. - https://developer.amazon.com/public/community/post/Tx3FNH2TSXEO07P/Amazon-Appstore-Now-Preloaded-on-BlackBerry-10-3. Just like on BB World, developers can decide to control which devices apps are allowed to run on.
    As you'll come across earlier in this thread, I posted a few references where the cloud was flawless and the search didn't yield the proper results.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:50 PM
    Also thanks for the reminder link

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:50 PM
    In any case, I'll look into it a little further in a bit here. The only issues I've had thus far have been with apps that have been strictly designated for Kindle (Doctor Who: Legacy) and ones strictly designated for FirePhones / FireOS (Instagram). Unless the devs change which devices they're allowed to run on, they'll never show up for us BlackBerry users.
    bbmtna, MrGlenn and laketrout73 like this.
    09-28-14 03:54 PM
    Thanks. Keep in mind that previously downloaded apps from the Amazon App Store will be available to re-download. At least this is what has been communicated in the thread here. Like I said in my PM, I don't have my Passport in hand but as soon as I do I will create another fresh Amazon account to test this behavior.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:56 PM
    In any case, I'll look into it a little further in a bit here. The only issues I've had thus far have been with apps that have been strictly designated for Kindle (Doctor Who: Legacy) and ones strictly designated for FirePhones / FireOS (Instagram). Unless the devs change which devices they're allowed to run on, they'll never show up for us BlackBerry users.
    Apologies for the double reply, but this is another item that I am concerned about in the grand scheme of things. The developers could in some instances be intentionally pulling the apps from BlackBerry either because (a) they don't understand that BlackBerry works just like any other old Android, or (b) because they intentionally don't want to support BlackBerry, through Amazon or otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:02 PM
    Search:
    Amazon Appstore & Passport: Unbelievable situation!-img_20140928_233316.png
    Are you running 1154 Bla1ze? Because that seems to be only available in a few regions (canada?). And my Q10 leak is 1154, so maybe it is an OS issue.
    And that would make it carrier-dependent again smh.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    09-28-14 04:34 PM
    This point needs to be reinforced: a developer has the right to specify which devices their program runs on. If that developer is not happy with the way his/her app is running on that device, the dev might not approve it. There's an outside chance it's for "non-technical" reasons, but very likely these developers just want the chance to make sure their apps are running on the Passport appropriately.

Also possible: these devs may not be crazy about square screens (don't laugh).
    app_Developer likes this.
    09-28-14 08:10 PM
    I can agree with that reasoning for sure. From past experience I just find it equally probable that they simply once again did not put enough effort in informing developers of the possibilities on BB10. The logs I posted clearly show at least the customer service has no clue about what works and what doesn't. Received an email from Printershare Devs as well, stating their apps do not work and to use "their app for BlackBerry" (which doesn't even exist).

I then showed them screen shots of the Android app working on my Q10 to drive home my point. I hope showing stuff like that will get developers to change their minds.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    09-28-14 08:25 PM
    I'm just going to point out the obvious here: Amazon App Store is bloatware that should never have been allowed to be pre-installed on the Passport.

We need Google Play or Snap with access to Google Services installed or better integrated with BB World. Amazon's App Store has almost no traction in the Android Community for a reason. It sucks.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:52 PM
    People get a tablet and use ur phone for a phone this will be an issue for awhile I'm sure I use my tablet for apps and my BlackBerry for BlackBerry stuff and get the best of both worlds

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    09-28-14 09:07 PM
    I'm just going to point out the obvious here: Amazon App Store is bloatware that should never have been allowed to be pre-installed on the Passport.

We need Google Play or Snap with access to Google Services installed or better integrated with BB World. Amazon's App Store has almost no traction in the Android Community for a reason. It sucks.

Posted via CB10
    You just keep living in that dream world where Google let's BlackBerry have full access to their store without being forced into Google submission. Even now Google is tightening the reigns on Android device makers, they certainly aren't going to play ball with someone who wrote an app emulator which doesn't give them total control of the device.

Sorry to be snarky but that's how I take Amazon's appstore being "bloatware".

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    09-28-14 09:08 PM
    ok after reading all the posts i don't recall anyone downloading the apk directly from amazons store of the non-working app and try to directly sideload it onto passport to confirm whether the app will run or not. if it works then maybe amazon hasn't gotten to it yet? and it not the passport rejecting it
    09-28-14 09:21 PM

Google either hasn't noticed Snap or it is too small for them to worry about. If a well known brand like BlackBerry starts preinstalling Snap, though, Google would shut that down very quickly.

Google Play is for real Android devices that have been certified by Google.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-28-14 09:22 PM
    I suspect within a few weeks all this will be fixed and moot.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:23 PM
    I suspect within a few weeks all this will be fixed and moot.

Posted via CB10
    Weeks? This shouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    09-28-14 10:04 PM
    Wow, Amazon dropped the ball on this one and BlackBerry for being oblivious to this issue. This is why I feel they should have integrated android apps into the BlackBerry store and noted them as provided by Amazon similar to the built for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:11 PM
    They are in the process of making their apps compatible. It's been 4 days since the phone was released. I got a hold of someone at amazon who knew what was going on.

I admit they should have had the most popular apps ready, like Netflix, but I'm patient enough to wait.
    09-28-14 10:20 PM
    ok after reading all the posts i don't recall anyone downloading the apk directly from amazons store of the non-working app and try to directly sideload it onto passport to confirm whether the app will run or not. if it works then maybe amazon hasn't gotten to it yet? and it not the passport rejecting it
    I read all the posts as well to make sure this wasn't already mentioned. I went directly to the Amazon website to order NFL NOW but they insist on adding it to your cloud and making you get it from the App store. They already identified it as incompatible with my device and it did not appear in my cloud list on my Z30 to download even though it appears on the website.

What we need is a new Snap, A "SNAPAZ" that will spoof our devices as the most popular non-Google android phone so that we can download them and decide for ourselves if the App runs fine. We don't need the dev's that hate or couldn't be bothered to test their apps on a BlackBerry turning the screws on us.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:49 PM
    I read all the posts as well to make sure this wasn't already mentioned. I went directly to the Amazon website to order NFL NOW but they insist on adding it to your cloud and making you get it from the App store. They already identified it as incompatible with my device and it did not appear in my cloud list on my Z30 to download even though it appears on the website.

What we need is a new Snap, A "SNAPAZ" that will spoof our devices as the most popular non-Google android phone so that we can download them and decide for ourselves if the App runs fine. We don't need the dev's that hate or couldn't be bothered to test their apps on a BlackBerry turning the screws on us.

Posted via CB10
    yes and google forces you to download it to your devices, but theres ways you can direct download the apk to actually sideload it and bypass the appstore/cloud all together, so i am wondering if any tech savvie kittens had done that already. thats what us andro nerds do when we run into problems like this. lmao ;P
    09-28-14 10:52 PM
    Heh heh heh. Look at that Android sucks once again!

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    09-28-14 11:01 PM
244 ... 23456 ...