The Amazon appstore installed on my brand new Passport contains no app, the catalogue is totally empty when I open the app. I have updated the OS to the latest version today.. Not sure what is going on
    09-12-17 04:34 PM
    Still ok on my Passport although the store is pretty much a wasteland IMHO and not all that useful. Maybe try updating again (if possible) and then rebooting your Passport--power key held down until red led flashes.
    09-12-17 07:41 PM
    IIRC most of the app developers blocked BlackBerry devices from downloading the apps. I remember being able to find loads of good / decent apps but as time passed they no longer showed even on my list of downloaded apps.
    09-12-17 07:55 PM
    IIRC most of the app developers blocked BlackBerry devices from downloading the apps. I remember being able to find loads of good / decent apps but as time passed they no longer showed even on my list of downloaded apps.
    Anybody know what purpose this serves them, if financial then how, who would pay to block "little Ole BlackBerry 10"?.. (sarcastic tone)

I use Google playstore and have apitode light which is really nice imo. As in the "lite" edition. I like it as you can roll back!
    Also it can update a few apps like NewPipe which can't get in the playstore however cobalts playstore is still dire to me and #1 .

I won't even open amazon app store.
     Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-12-17 08:54 PM
    They don't want to support devices for which they cannot test. The first support question from a BB10 user was probably the last one. There was never alot of developer engagement when the Amazon app store was introduced. Many devs were unfamiliar with the arrangement when it was announced.
    09-12-17 09:33 PM
    They don't want to support devices for which they cannot test. The first support question from a BB10 user was probably the last one. There was never alot of developer engagement when the Amazon app store was introduced. Many devs were unfamiliar with the arrangement when it was announced.
    Ahh, makes sense.
    Welp least they/we can't leave reviews in the PS. :x
    Kidding...

Haha, not like there are a bazillion of us but that does make sense. Thanks for the explanation. No more complaints from me to devs about how their app isn't running well on jellybean blackberry forked runtime. I'll figure it out myself or at least take it into consideration although honestly I mostly always did this anyway..

Thanks for the info. I get it now. Two sides to everything I suppose!

09-12-17 10:22 PM
    Mine is alright as well but I have to be honest I get most of my apps from either 9apps or android.apk Just keep rocking my PP OG 24-7 till I can no longer us the app that I need. At this time still up and running just fine. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport OG & Semi Retired Z10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-13-17 12:46 AM
    Mine is alright as well but I have to be honest I get most of my apps from either 9apps or android.apk Just keep rocking my PP OG 24-7 till I can no longer us the app that I need. At this time still up and running just fine. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport OG & Semi Retired Z10
    I am the same way and looking on grabbing a z30 also but that may change to a K1. I am getting more and more impressed.

09-13-17 03:26 PM
    I am the same way and looking on grabbing a z30 also but that may change to a K1. I am getting more and more impressed.

Get the KEYone!
    09-14-17 03:52 PM
    To be honest, I found the Amazon app store more nuisance than anything.

It's not built for BB10, even though it's pre-installed.
    If you are still on BB10, you are better off leaving the Amazon app store untouched. By this point, you should be getting accustomed to the fact that you need to do a fair bit of tinkering to find the correct versions of apps and keep them working the way that you want them to. I don't think that the Amazon made that any easier for us. It was just an 'out-of-the-box-ready' solution for some consumers. That time has passed though and, if you really want to find apps that run acceptably on your BB10 device onward from now, there are better places to find them. (like the CB forums, as a starting reference)
    09-14-17 04:28 PM
    Get the KEYone!
    I may, either wait on K2 if there is one and stay on Passport or go to samsung 8 Note with BlackBerry Launcher hub and keyboard or now I am liking (even though I swore off LG after my V10 experience but was 808's fault) the G6 and it's Wider 18 x 10 screen ratio... I want to stick with blackberry though so in the end, I will probably wait or go key1!...

I want to see what this new BB is going to be like as in the one without a qwerty keyboard as its probably won't be wider but that be cool if it was..

09-14-17 07:15 PM
    I may, either wait on K2 if there is one and stay on Passport or go to samsung 8 Note with BlackBerry Launcher hub and keyboard or now I am liking (even though I swore off LG after my V10 experience but was 808's fault) the G6 and it's Wider 18 x 10 screen ratio... I want to stick with blackberry though so in the end, I will probably wait or go key1!...

I want to see what this new BB is going to be like as in the one without a qwerty keyboard as its probably won't be wider but that be cool if it was..

Well you said options were Z30 or KEYone..... if your open to other manufactures, only reason to go KEYone is the KEYboard. Most everyone else has better hardware, quality and long term support.

Too be honest HUB+ isn't all that great on Samsung products (was great on Moto).... I dropped down to only using HUB and Keyboard, as too many other products wanted to use the Samsung Calendar or Contacts apps and the Launcher was just too basic.
    09-15-17 07:07 AM
    Well you said options were Z30 or KEYone..... if your open to other manufactures, only reason to go KEYone is the KEYboard. Most everyone else has better hardware, quality and long term support.

Too be honest HUB+ isn't all that great on Samsung products (was great on Moto).... I dropped down to only using HUB and Keyboard, as too many other products wanted to use the Samsung Calendar or Contacts apps and the Launcher was just too basic.
    I hate TouchWiz but love the BlackBerry Launcher! Especially with its swipe up for widget feature! Genius. However Google I see stole the idea and now uses it for swipe up on something for last know notifications I think it was that I seen? With that said maybe BlackBerry can keep that feature if implementation into the OS occurs by just have us Swipe down on an icon instead for the Widgets. It's like having access to all widgets with the power and resources being utilized 24-7. Superb.. can't wait to see what the future holds. I really probably will stay with blackberry and everyone that knows me knows I can't stand LG except the g3 was tolerable with the 801. However this new G6 with the taller and wider 18x10 screen is super appealing especially in since it comes with software built into LG to make the apps play how they need to with the screen. Intuitive but quick and basic from what I seen. Overall worth it imo.. also VERY similar to how blackberry did it on Passport, etc... to zoom out, in depending on what the app needed but maybe even a tad better.

If I ever am forced to get off my Passport it will be the 18 x 10 Sammy note 8 or 18 x 10 LG G6 and now even looking at apple X ONLY because I heard they hired BB10! Cast aways.

Overall, I will probably wait for blackberry or hop with Key1beventually after its all sorted it out or maybe try to wait for K2. I want a Wider screen! Hah..

As for the blackberry app's hub+ suite. It's a MUST for me personally. Thanks for the informative information.

-DPR

BTW: I do prefer a hard keyboard, in a big way but If I am getting a wider screen and can have blackberry's swipe up on screen keyboard - I may be able to manage. Chocies!...

Which is why no rush here. I bet if I fell into getting a Key1 somehow I probably would LOVE it. We shall see...

09-16-17 03:37 AM

BTW: I do prefer a hard keyboard, in a big way but If I am getting a wider screen and can have blackberry's swipe up on screen keyboard - I may be able to manage. Chocies!...

Which is why no rush here. I bet if I fell into getting a Key1 somehow I probably would LOVE it. We shall see...

Not sure I'd count on having the BlackBerry Keyboard on other devices... it works right now thanks to Cobalt. But they could easily block it's installation... and probable should.
    09-18-17 08:03 AM

Not sure I'd count on having the BlackBerry Keyboard on other devices... it works right now thanks to Cobalt. But they could easily block it's installation... and probable should.
    09-18-17 08:03 AM
    I'd pay just as well... However I disagree and the versions we have thus far are stored on my devices as they come in and work well. But I do agree in that I don't count on anything in life!

IMO: I don't think it's a good time to block it, if ever..
    It's not really stopping anybody from going blackberry if anything it's gearing them more towards it. I see this first hand.. I also have allot of friends whom I gave it to, some who gave it to others and he friends I know whom gave it to love it enough that they want a blackberry and when they are ready, will probably go that way for the all out full, true raw experience as I told them..

I gave my mom the blackberry stuff on her samsung galaxy 7 edge and she absolutely loves it (she couldn't use touchwiz and all that junk) so much now that when she is finally ready to switch (she knows the BB keyboard, launcher, etc) that she will most likely want a blackberry droid all touch.

Matter of fact I know she will and the only reasons is because she has the access to it now via her samsung. It just works for her.. I think it's helping in that way..

If it stopped working for her now, then she'd probably swear it off and learn touchwiz and the Google keyboard and blame blackberry as she doesn't understand that stuff..

Just my thoughts..

Honestly, I am very loyal to blackberry and think I will always own "one" even if I have other phones in my lineup for other reasons. I'd always prefer to go blackberry but I am really awaiting a wider screen. Least 4:3-ish - 4.7 inch..

We shall see what the future holds...

The drawup Conite did on the wider Keyone Would be my dream phone except for the android buttons being painted on there. If they have to be there make them all touch as in disappear and reappear or make them all hard keys like samsungs Home key as the in all three. That be a first and more useful as hear allot of folks swipe up and exit an app accidentally with the way it is now. I still wonder how they would work at the bottom of the keyboard versus bottom of the screen as not sure how most hold a K1 as I have yet to, YET!..

BTW: her samsung never has a problem with "it" Works great! I gave it the permissions it needed and she even can update herself now and does! She is 67 years old.

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe!...
    09-18-17 10:51 AM
    Some categories of my amazon app is completely empty on my Passport. .

www.andremartins.com.br
    09-18-17 07:40 PM