I took a look at the Amazon App Store app on my Passport for the first time. It seems like most of the available apps in here are for Android or Amazon Kindle. Is it safe to download apps from Amazon and install them on the Passport?

Oh BTW, I saw on YouTube that people have installed the Google Play Store on their Passport. How do I install that? Or, do you recommend that I NOT install this?

Thanks.
    09-21-15 03:31 AM
    Amazon app store is officially endorsed by Blackberry and that is the reason app-store has been baked into the OS10 itself. It is absolutely safe to run apps from Amazon store and on Passport they will not lag at all. Amazon apps might not be the end word for apps availability but unlike native BB apps the choice is still much better.
    The youtube video you saw is an unofficial work around and it runs all the apps from google store. But still people report some apps do not work as expected. Like any other unauthorised software if you install google on Passport, you are on your own with no support from Blackberry. If you still want to learn how to load google store, search the forum for 'cobalt method' or look here http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    rcranz likes this.
    09-21-15 07:40 AM
    My experience has been that Cobalt's Google play app store and runtimes work a bit better than the Amazon ones. The examples of this include Cozi (a calendar app), news apps like Reuters, and several financial services apps.

Posted on my Passport to the future
    09-21-15 07:50 AM
    This is the direct link to my Play Store thread. It's updated once a month with the latest Play Store versions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=11189556
    rcranz likes this.
    09-21-15 07:53 AM
    This is the direct link to my Play Store thread. It's updated once a month with the latest Play Store versions:

Hi cobalt after installing google play store, I can't update google play game, any suggestions for this?

Blackberry Passport on telkomsel network
    09-21-15 08:37 AM

Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [Read first post for instructions] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for the info Cobalt. I haven't read everything yet, but I will get on it soon.

BTW, did you personally create this solution yourself?
    09-22-15 03:28 AM
    I created it myself and I maintain it myself.
    09-22-15 04:39 AM

Hi Cobalt,

Have you managed to get Google play services to work on your device. Everything is working smoothly but it gives me 'unable to install' with the Google Play Services. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 07:37 AM
    Hi Cobalt,

Have you managed to get Google play services to work on your device. Everything is working smoothly but it gives me 'unable to install' with the Google Play Services. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Specifically it's a file called Google settings. It asks you to install it after you've downloaded the Google play services file.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 07:39 AM
    Read the thread that I posted the link for. The FAQ in the first post explains what to do to get Google Play SERVICES to run.
    09-22-15 08:12 AM
    Thanks I tried this. I also tried the patch solution through Luckypatcher. Managed to removre the dependency on Google play services but when I then open the app it crashes. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 08:23 AM