No problem Chaka Khan. Welcome to CB and the land of BlackBerry hardware. The BB10 OS that Passport runs on was declared End Of Support last year and will be End Of Life this year. For all practical matters, real development was stopped 3-4 years ago.

Enjoy what’s left. We’re not sure what happens after 12/31/2019 regarding all functions. Download whatever apps you can find as BBW is already partially shut down since paid apps can no longer be sold in the store. Pay close attention to instructions regarding necessary security removals to keep devices from bricking up after this year.
    01-16-19 12:30 PM
    Dear Chunk,
    I bought this phone just 3 days back hence Not aware Abt the recent changes. Can u pls explain what is EOS & EOL n how will it effect after 50 weeks. Kindly Reply

To follow up with what Chuck said, BlackBerry has declared end of life for the BlackBerry 10 OS for the end of 2019.

Simple put, BlackBerry has very limited support for BB10 until that day arrives. Pretty much only major major security patches and concerns will be addressed, minor things such as native apps having bugs, the browser, hub issues etc won't be.

BlackBerry 10 in 2019 is an excellent device for calls, texts and emails with BBM as well. Very limited use for most users and those core functions will probably continue into 2020.

Good luck and welcome to CB

Posted via CB10
    01-16-19 12:47 PM
    You should try KEYᵒⁿᵉ or 2!

I switched from Passport to KEYᵒⁿᵉ and I'm very happy with it.

With Passport I couldn't work anymore because its lack of batterylife and apps.

Just yesterday I was skiing and tracked sport together with an withings sportwatch and used the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with TomTom Vio for navigation for 6 hours. I used it full time and battery was still 40 percent 08:00 pm.

That's all impossible with a Passport.

And I really like the keyboard! I'm using my notebook even less than with Passport because it has simply more functions because of the apps.

...and not to forget: Passport wasn't perfect ether! If you use complex technology you will always find bugs.
    I somehow managed to breathe new life into her!
    I'm going to buy another Passport or two just because it's working so well Android apps and all!!!
    I almost wrote her off but this time she's mine for life!
    I have the Detek 50 and 60 I gotta put a new battery in the 60 may bring her back on line too or wait till the next BlackBerry android hits the shelves.
    If it's a Passport with a super chip no lag I'll buy it for sure.
    I just found out my Passport can run more Android apps than I first thought.
    I'll check out the the Key 2 or 3 but for now I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stay with the Passport.
    I gotta find a TV app for it because I like this huge Studio HD Screen!
    Finding stuff like a pouch should be no problem on Ebay I'll stack up on them too since the wear out faster due to its size.
    I have two phones however the keyboard gives me a break from the touch screen phone.
    I found several ways to load apps bluetooth and Web and so I'll be cool for a long while!
    Glad I came back!
    01-16-19 07:25 PM
    I somehow managed to breathe new life into her!
    I'm going to buy another Passport or two just because it's working so well Android apps and all!!!
    I almost wrote her off but this time she's mine for life!
    I have the Detek 50 and 60 I gotta put a new battery in the 60 may bring her back on line too or wait till the next BlackBerry android hits the shelves.
    If it's a Passport with a super chip no lag I'll buy it for sure.
    I just found out my Passport can run more Android apps than I first thought.
    I'll check out the the Key 2 or 3 but for now I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stay with the Passport.
    I gotta find a TV app for it because I like this huge Studio HD Screen!
    Finding stuff like a pouch should be no problem on Ebay I'll stack up on them too since the wear out faster due to its size.
    I have two phones however the keyboard gives me a break from the touch screen phone.
    I found several ways to load apps bluetooth and Web and so I'll be cool for a long while!
    Glad I came back!
    I'm with ya Black Ice! Long live the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    Czarnajagoda likes this.
    01-16-19 08:38 PM
    I am using many of androids apps all sideloaded from apks stores and everyones is working just perfect for me, what does not work for you, I am interested please tell me?
    01-17-19 08:30 PM
    I am using many of androids apps all sideloaded from apks stores and everyones is working just perfect for me, what does not work for you, I am interested please tell me?
    I'll just speak for myself. No one in my organization is allowed to sideload apps or use unofficial app stores for a device that is used with company data. There is no wiggle room, as that's part of our information security protocol, to which we are contractually bound with our clients.

Beyond that, I have always found side loaded APKs less responsive and Korean resource hungry than native BB10 apps, due to the nature of the Android runtime.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-18-19 10:12 AM
    I'll just speak for myself. No one in my organization is allowed to sideload apps or use unofficial app stores for a device that is used with company data. There is no wiggle room, as that's part of our information security protocol, to which we are contractually bound with our clients.

Beyond that, I have always found side loaded APKs less responsive and Korean resource hungry than native BB10 apps, due to the nature of the Android runtime.

So, you probably have 2 phones, 1 for work and 1 for personal use, if I may ask ?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 10:41 AM
    So, you probably have 2 phones, 1 for work and 1 for personal use, if I may ask ?

Posted via CB10
    LOL. I have two phones for work and personal, and both full conform with our company policy. All my apps are carefully vetted and come from official app stores

More accurately, I have two phones for work, and I sometimes call or message my personal contacts. I don't have a "personal" phone.

01-18-19 11:01 AM
    01-18-19 11:02 AM
    LOL. I have two phones for work and personal, and both full conform with our company policy. All my apps are carefully vetted and come from official app stores

More accurately, I have two phones for work, and I sometimes call or message my personal contacts. I don't have a "personal" phone.

Thanks for sharing. I'm seriously thinking about carrying 2 phones, one for work and one for personal contacts, one maybe being a prepaid phone. I have a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition, by the way.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 11:48 AM
    I have never left. My Big Red is 4 years old now and still working fine. Not many apps that I use anymore. I am going to ride this thing until the end of BB10 and happily retire at the end of 2020. I'll be 68 then. Probably won't have to use a cell phone much after that. Certainly no work calls or work emails. Just calls or texts from my wife, when I'll be home for supper. Ha,ha.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-19 12:24 PM
    And never leaving again

{*Passport SQW100-1*}
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-18-19 01:10 PM
    I never left my BB 10 Passport SE , it is still working just fine!
    01-20-19 08:01 PM
    hello guy's, after changing to keyone, yesterday i choose to leave it for the cheaper quality and for the android os, and i go back to 10 os and finaly i got my brand new passport one more time.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-19 01:28 AM
    my Passport SE was the Best Phone und I ever have hay. i am now on Key one and it's quite good but Keyboard, network Cover was a lot netter on the PP SE. Screen also was better because of wider on that phones but as I needed more one more play store apps.....
    neverless I will stay obviously on BB devices!!!
    01-26-19 11:42 AM
    I love my Passport. But I have a problem, and that problems name is Tmobile. In my area, all the newer bandwidth theyve been putting out has been in the 600 and 700mhz bands. And the passport doesnt support it. Since a few towers have been refarmed for more coverage, the existing coverage keeps dropping. Obsolence on reception is whats going to end my passport usage. Well unless AT&T releases an unlimited plan at Metros price point.
    01-26-19 01:14 PM
    I love my Passport. But I have a problem, and that problems name is Tmobile. In my area, all the newer bandwidth theyve been putting out has been in the 600 and 700mhz bands. And the passport doesnt support it. Since a few towers have been refarmed for more coverage, the existing coverage keeps dropping. Obsolence on reception is whats going to end my passport usage. Well unless AT&T releases an unlimited plan at Metros price point.
    How will that help? I’m with AT&T since forever.... they’re also re-farming so.......
    01-26-19 08:00 PM
    How will that help? I’m with AT&T since forever.... they’re also re-farming so.......
    It depends on your area. Where I am they have refarmed their LTE yet
    01-29-19 10:40 AM
    Not even emails are working properly anymore. A friend of mine sent me an email with a video pasted into it, not attached, from an iPhone and I couldn't open it or even see it when I opened the mail. I'm really trying as hard as I can to keep the Passport, but the day of doom is obviously coming.
    01-30-19 11:48 AM
    Not even emails are working properly anymore. A friend of mine sent me an email with a video pasted into it, not attached, from an iPhone and I couldn't open it or even see it when I opened the mail. I'm really trying as hard as I can to keep the Passport, but the day of doom is obviously coming.
    Probably the problem with the browser.
    01-30-19 04:55 PM
    Probably the problem with the browser.
    Browser? I've opened it in the hub.
    01-30-19 04:57 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I'm seriously thinking about carrying 2 phones, one for work and one for personal contacts, one maybe being a prepaid phone. I have a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition, by the way.

Posted via CB10
    I used to ridicule people with two phones - many years ago. Then my new employer sent me company's phone: BB 9700. It became my travel device with cheap roaming tariff with Vodafone NL, but I still needed something else for local calls (I resided outside NL) and unrestricted Internet, etc. So I began to carry two phones and never looked back.

My typical setup since then was:
    BB phone as business device and as main communication centre.
    Mid range Android phone with high IP rating and replaceable battery for the rest and for biking, hiking, swimming, etc.
    Currently: Passport SE and Samsung XCover 4.
    Apparently, as some apps have "died" in BB10, I switched some tasks to XCover 4 (Wechat, banking apps, Box, etc.).

Ah, and I still use BB Playbook...
    01-30-19 05:06 PM
    Browser? I've opened it in the hub.
    But if it's not an attachment, it was probably a link?
    01-30-19 05:42 PM
    On the Classic now, but it's only a matter of time before I end up on the PP.

I just don't know which one to choose from

Red - was my daily driver for a long time
    White - bought but never used
    SE - daily driver for a while

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    02-01-19 07:34 AM
    I need a passport again!!! Anyone giving 1 away for free if no longer needed lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-19 09:29 AM
66 123