https://liddlethoughts.com/2018/12/2...sport-in-2018/

BlackBerry would have a definite hit on their hands if they reproduced this phone with updated specs running Android
    12-21-18 03:20 AM
    https://liddlethoughts.com/2018/12/2...sport-in-2018/

BlackBerry would have a definite hit on their hands if they reproduced this phone with updated specs running Android
    They did and none of the android apps supported the 1:1 screen ratio. So they built the priv and sold that instead.

Posted via CB10
    Praganad likes this.
    12-21-18 04:58 AM
    I tried to use it today, and after giving up on getting Lyft to work last night, and the fact that it's at around 44% batter by lunch time (my KeyOne is usually above 80% at that point), I don't think I'll be able to keep it going. Which is a shame, because I *loved* that phone so much.
    anon(10573286) and joseanmx like this.
    12-21-18 11:55 AM
    If you don't use any apps it's still a good phone - yes!

I'm still using it as radio at home...
    12-22-18 12:37 AM
    My Passport is within reach for the comforting benefits propinquity affofds...
    12-25-18 01:35 PM
    The apps I have on my Passport keep me content with the phone. I had a scare with Nobex this week though, which is a daily use podcast app for me. But I checked to make sure it was still available on BlackBerry world as a bb10 app and then deleted and re-installed, and it worked. If/when I loose Nobex or Feedminder, then I may have to consider my Passport EOL for me. Still have no interest in TCL stuff though.
    12-25-18 02:14 PM
    The apps I have on my Passport keep me content with the phone. I had a scare with Nobex this week though, which is a daily use podcast app for me. But I checked to make sure it was still available on BlackBerry world as a bb10 app and then deleted and re-installed, and it worked. If/when I loose Nobex or Feedminder, then I may have to consider my Passport EOL for me. Still have no interest in TCL stuff though.
    Thanks for mentioning Feedminder. This is a great app!

 Blackberry Passport
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-25-18 06:35 PM
    The Passport is a device that is very unique and an excellent device for its core competence. The large and wide screen allows excellent reading and viewing of web pages and text in email form.

The keyboard is wide and a powerful for plowing out messages that are quick, accurate and precious.

It's an excellent device for calls, texts, emails and BBM for those who use it and best of all, it's a very very unique looking phone. I get questions, compliments and comments on it all the time. All the time. You don't get that with other candy bar style phones.

I would get the odd question about my Classic and when I used my Q10/ Bold 9900 but BlackBerry devices were a lot more mainstream in Canada at the time.

These days it's only the odd die hard that sticks to them and a lot of them are on BlackBerry Android devices. The BlackBerry 10 fans are fewer and fewer every day and I plan on using my Passport SE for a long long time for the basics. I may get a Key 3 device when it launches as sooner or later the most basic app gap and the browser / maps etc will need to be replaced with a modern set.

Good luck to all Passport and BlackBerry 10 users in 2019!!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-18 06:45 PM
    Thanks, and good luck to you and everyone for 2019.. and I must say BlackBerry Passport is the best....and we wish new updates should come to us.....

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    12-29-18 09:38 PM
    BlackBerry wants royalties and BBMo wants sales. I can’t imagine that they are wishing you good luck.
    Cyclethere likes this.
    12-30-18 12:33 AM
    not anymore... the boss here gave a Stern warning to stop using bb10 so I went to the garage and drilled a hole in my Passport and thence have been sobbing all day long
    12-30-18 10:44 PM
    You drilled a hole in your Passport because your boss doesn't like bb10 or wants to track you better on an android?

Why didn't you just buy a cheap android and keep your Passport for personal use?

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-31-18 12:06 AM
    You drilled a hole in your Passport because your boss doesn't like bb10 or wants to track you better on an android?

Why didn't you just buy a cheap android and keep your Passport for personal use?

Posted via CB10
    Mercy killing.
    RIP Passport.
    dmlis and The_Passporter like this.
    12-31-18 12:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Most companies now prohibit the use of BB10 since it causes users the inability to recognize sarcasm, in group settings and Internet forums like CrackBerry, due to no current updates...
    12-31-18 05:48 AM
    if it were to resume being supported with updates to bb10 as well as pushing an ART upgrade to some useful level, I would resume use of my OG Passport. I would pay a one-time reasonable fee for that and future security updates.
    12-31-18 11:35 AM
    They did and none of the android apps supported the 1:1 screen ratio. So they built the priv and sold that instead.

Posted via CB10
    They may soon with Samsung's proposed folding phone due to arrive in 2019. It would appear that aspect ratios at 1:1 and close to it will no longer be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-19 06:46 AM
    They may soon with Samsung's proposed folding phone due to arrive in 2019. It would appear that aspect ratios at 1:1 and close to it will no longer be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    It's also $2000 for that folding slab
    01-01-19 09:43 AM
    I bought a Keyone six months ago but I could not stand the adverts that kept getting in my way. I am an apple diehard but iphones don't have a neat format the way Passport does. On the other hand my Keyone keyboard was slugish especially scrolling wth the keyboard. I mourn the exit of Passport as a smart phone must say that going the Android way may be profitable but stopping such robust and trusted platform to the most vulnerable android, was a blow below the belt. I am clinging on Passport no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    Czarnajagoda and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-05-19 08:21 AM
    It's also $2000 for that folding slab
    Pick one up for me and I’ll drive over and buy lunch @ Versailles by the Airport
    01-05-19 06:34 PM
    Glad I ran into this thread, I did the same but my Passport doesn't install many apps if any at all and the desktop doesn't work either and so I may just give up all together on BlackBerry, I'm so sad and ashamed that I have only two systems available to chose from and yes I've tried the BlackBerry Androids 50 and 60 and neither one is worthy of the BlackBerry name.
    Both new for the most part when bought and already one has a battery on its last leg the other crashes and my headset gets erased when it wakes back up and so I just wanted to say if I can't get my Passport to work correctly then it's goodbye to all you, you guys are the best most friendly loyal group in the world at least I have my BlackBerry windbreaker.

Posted via CB10
    Czarnajagoda likes this.
    01-15-19 01:59 AM
    Glad I ran into this thread, I did the same but my Passport doesn't install many apps if any at all and the desktop doesn't work either and so I may just give up all together on BlackBerry, I'm so sad and ashamed that I have only two systems available to chose from and yes I've tried the BlackBerry Androids 50 and 60 and neither one is worthy of the BlackBerry name.
    Both new for the most part when bought and already one has a battery on its last leg the other crashes and my headset gets erased when it wakes back up and so I just wanted to say if I can't get my Passport to work correctly then it's goodbye to all you, you guys are the best most friendly loyal group in the world at least I have my BlackBerry windbreaker.

Posted via CB10
    You should try KEYᵒⁿᵉ or 2!

I switched from Passport to KEYᵒⁿᵉ and I'm very happy with it.

With Passport I couldn't work anymore because its lack of batterylife and apps.

Just yesterday I was skiing and tracked sport together with an withings sportwatch and used the KEYᵒⁿᵉ with TomTom Vio for navigation for 6 hours. I used it full time and battery was still 40 percent 08:00 pm.

That's all impossible with a Passport.

And I really like the keyboard! I'm using my notebook even less than with Passport because it has simply more functions because of the apps.

...and not to forget: Passport wasn't perfect ether! If you use complex technology you will always find bugs.
    01-15-19 07:46 AM
    not anymore... the boss here gave a Stern warning to stop using bb10 so I went to the garage and drilled a hole in my Passport and thence have been sobbing all day long
    A security wipe would have been just as effective, and you could have removed the phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-15-19 09:05 AM
    I am back on my BlackBerry phone passport after so many years Of Android Use. Still feel something missing of easy useable app,s of android. After some days of use it becomes easy. Even I have loaded google play store where Some apps work very well but some Don't beoz of lack of Google play services. But feel good to have a BlackBerry in hand again. Hope that BlackBerry will provide support for OS in future.

Posted via CB10
    Czarnajagoda likes this.
    01-15-19 09:38 PM
    I am back on my BlackBerry phone passport after so many years Of Android Use. Still feel something missing of easy useable app,s of android. After some days of use it becomes easy. Even I have loaded google play store where Some apps work very well but some Don't beoz of lack of Google play services. But feel good to have a BlackBerry in hand again. Hope that BlackBerry will provide support for OS in future.

Posted via CB10
    For BBAndroid, yes. For BB10, no. BB has already declared EOS and EOL so it’s over in 50 weeks. Enjoy it for what’s left.
    01-16-19 08:50 AM
    Dear Chunk,
    I bought this phone just 3 days back hence Not aware Abt the recent changes. Can u pls explain what is EOS & EOL n how will it effect after 50 weeks. Kindly Reply
    Qorax likes this.
    01-16-19 09:29 AM
66 123