I went to a rogers store Friday. Opened docs to go and started typing. The keyboard felt weird at first, but I started to use it like my Z10 and wow it made a difference. This passport keyboard is a thing of beauty.

If you are on the fence about getting a passport because you don't want to go back to a keyboard phone. Just do it, the screen is huge. Add the keyboard to the huge screen and you got the best phone in the marketplace.

Don't forget two days on a charge.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete and aminrajabi like this.
    02-11-15 08:18 AM
    nice. My carrier doesn't offer them.
    02-11-15 08:27 AM
    The Passport is my first keyboard phone, believe it or not.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete and thymaster like this.
    02-11-15 08:42 AM
    With the way subsidies work now, why on earth would you wait for your carrier(typically subsidies work out to be way more then if you bought the device outright)?

I also can't for the life of me, figure out why people would lock themselves to an ancient cell tech(CDMA), where you can only use a device designed to be on their network. I find it funny that they tout this XLTE(its a gimmick to push people to big red, my friends on XLTE get the same speeds as me on normal AT&T LTE) which is a GSM technology, but still cradle the CDMA, and cripple anyone wanting a device not designed to be on their network.

AT&T and Verizon are pretty much on par with each other as far as coverage goes.
    02-11-15 08:56 AM
    Yes keyboard is thoughtfully designed and it's very very very very useful for busy professionals who type all day emails from their mobile devices.

In my case I am just swiping on and on as the intelligent word prediction system have actually learned all the words and sentences I mostly use in my email communication. It's a huge time saver and passport is purely a task master.

Sent from Passport
    02-11-15 11:13 AM
    Buy unlocked

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    Bonnie Bonzai and dvornelas like this.
    02-11-15 11:14 AM
    With the way subsidies work now, why on earth would you wait for your carrier(typically subsidies work out to be way more then if you bought the device outright)?

I also can't for the life of me, figure out why people would lock themselves to an ancient cell tech(CDMA), where you can only use a device designed to be on their network. I find it funny that they tout this XLTE(its a gimmick to push people to big red, my friends on XLTE get the same speeds as me on normal AT&T LTE) which is a GSM technology, but still cradle the CDMA, and cripple anyone wanting a device not designed to be on their network.

AT&T and Verizon are pretty much on par with each other as far as coverage goes.
    Actually, AT&T and Verizon are not totally on par with coverage in the west. I am looking at getting a AT&T phone for a trial this spring to see if coverage is close in the PNW yet.
    02-11-15 11:35 AM

As much as I love GSM, there's a ton of evidence that VZW has the best coverage in the US. With that kind of coverage, they can afford to lock people in.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 01:53 PM
    My carrier, Virgin doesn't either, so I've been ordering from Shop BlackBerry for the last few phones (got a Q5 for my brother last Halloween and then a Passport for myself shortly after) I know there have been horror stories about delayed deliveries but delivery to the west coast of BC took 4 days for the Q5 and 3 for my Passport. I was flabbergasted at how fast the phones came to me and all I paid was the price plus tax. No customs charges...

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:17 PM
    As much as I love GSM, there's a ton of evidence that VZW has the best coverage in the US. With that kind of coverage, they can afford to lock people in.

Posted via CB10
    And I would respectable disagree. Least here in the east, AT&T is by far the better carrier as far as coverage is concerned. I travel quite a bit with my brother in law who is on big red, more times then not, I have the better coverage, but there are places he gets service I don't. if people had the cohonies to test each out, I believe you would see they are pretty much the same. The major advantage of using AT&T, I don't have to wait for my carrier to release a device. I can use any GSM based device I want.

Like I said "on par with each other", meaning they pretty much have the same coverage, with places verizon doesn't work, AT&T does and vice versus.
    02-11-15 03:13 PM
    And I would respectable disagree. Least here in the east, AT&T is by far the better carrier as far as coverage is concerned. I travel quite a bit with my brother in law who is on big red, more times then not, I have the better coverage, but there are places he gets service I don't. if people had the cohonies to test each out, I believe you would see they are pretty much the same. The major advantage of using AT&T, I don't have to wait for my carrier to release a device. I can use any GSM based device I want.

Like I said "on par with each other", meaning they pretty much have the same coverage, with places verizon doesn't work, AT&T does and vice versus.
    I won't argue with you re: the east coast. Even T-Mo has pretty decent coverage. But there are large chunks of the Midwest where, if you don't have VZW, you have NO coverage. AT&T isn't bad out there, but it's definitely not a close second. And Sprint and T-Mo aren't even in the game out there. At least those are the reports I get from people who live out there or travel that area for business. All of them do OK in the urban areas. The further you get from those, the more likely you are to only get VZW. And, in some areas, not even that.
    02-15-15 12:07 PM