04-15-15 07:41 PM
57 123
tools
    I've been with Blackberry for ages. Other than the odd foray into iLand and a flirtation with an Android tab, all my mobile tech has been Blackberry.

Since BB10 came out I've had a Z10, a Z30 and now a Passport.

I LOVED my Z30 so wasn't fussed about getting the Passport (strange form factor and all that), but when my son ended up wanting my Z30 I succumbed and got myself a Passport.

For the first week I can't say I was that much of a fan, but then slowly, over the next few weeks I started to fall in love - and I mean head over heels in love.

Once you get used to the different form factor you start to realize just what a super cool piece of kit this is in every single way. It is just freakin' awesome!!!

I am sat in a caf looking around at everyone on their iPhones and Samsungs and just can't figure out why I am the only one who seems to have seen the light.

How come the rest of the world isn't getting what an amazing piece of kit the Passport is?
    04-08-15 03:01 AM
    BlackBerry did that to themselves...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 03:11 AM
    Yea, now that I've got my Passport I'm going to start going to Cafes again too.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 03:34 AM
    Without marketing. ....sales is impossible. ..

BlackBerry show the world what is a Passport

Sent from Passport
    04-08-15 03:41 AM
    BlackBerry don't seemed bothered to market this device to non business entities and considering that was their market I do feel they are missing a trick not aiming for non business customers as well!

I have ordered my passport but have never picked up one. Reason non of the mobile stores even stock the passport in my location!

Q10 - 10.3.1.2708
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-08-15 04:43 AM
    How come the rest of the world isn't getting what an amazing piece of kit the Passport is?
    Careful, yorkshire, you are about to start yet another extended thread on the reasons for the lack of knowledge about the joys of the new berries in the rest of the world
    I'm not gonna go there, but I too am thrilled every day with my PP and OS10 and you're right, it can take a while to realise the greatness of it. Eventually one sees it.

ოო fяσм му мιgнту ραѕѕρσят ოო
    04-08-15 07:39 AM
    Its so good that I am going to take a break from my Z30 that I have no problems with and enjoy using. I can adapt to change and do not mind it but its not logical to give up a great thing either.
    04-08-15 08:54 AM
    great product, poor marketing....

posted via my amazing malaysian passport
    04-08-15 09:45 AM
    Imagine if blackberry had all the apps including ios, android.
    BlackBerry's os is far superior than any other os system!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:17 AM
    I planned to buy one, sadly local store doesn't carrying it. Then i've read about the double typing issues, it's sad that this phone has the same flaw.
    I should also mention, that the AT&T version is a very nice shaped model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-08-15 10:19 AM
    Even if Blackberry did have the marketing of Apple and Samsung it would still be an uphill climb. Everyone is so used to there iphones and Galaxy phones that they are afraid to try Blackberry because of what people might think, and it will get them out of their comfort zone. Look at Windows phone, I have seen windows phone stores, commercials etc. But even they can't even gain traction to get close to Apple and Samsung.

At this point it is what it is. Blackberry has support all over the world which is what helps their sales even without much marketing.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 10:56 AM
    The passport my fav right now. Blackberry needs to step up its marketing
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    04-08-15 11:06 AM
    Didn't get the memo? Consumers aren't their target but they love it if you buy it. Maybe once consumers are a target you'll see some advertising.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-08-15 11:17 AM
    Imagine if blackberry had all the apps including ios, android.
    BlackBerry's os is far superior than any other os system!

Posted via CB10
    I've had my passport for two weeks and I totally agree.. the os is brilliant.. only really miss the a few key Google apps as I've come from Android..

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 11:22 AM
    OP I completely agree. I too came from the most excellent Z30. Once you get used to the form factor it's game over. Unbelievable how good this Passport is from build quality, innovation and the ability to do anything you want with your mobile device. If people only knew. BlackBerry should be selling millions of these. Yes it's that damn good! And although I am not with Verizon they should make a capable Passport version for them and their network. Seems like a no brainer to me.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    yorkshireman2 and clitrenta like this.
    04-08-15 11:24 AM
    Don't quite agree, a lot of folks look at the passport and think is no way that phone can be cool, but it is definitely the best phone I have ever used., had I listened to friends & members of my family I would not have had this amazing piece of hardware/software.
    04-08-15 11:27 AM
    Has anyone come up to you passport users and been intrigued by your phone? Tell us the story.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 11:30 AM
    I used 2 OG Passport and 1 ATT one. No double typing.
    I planned to buy one, sadly local store doesn't carrying it. Then i've read about the double typing issues, it's sad that this phone has the same flaw.

04-08-15 11:41 AM
    Has anyone come up to you passport users and been intrigued by your phone? Tell us the story.

Posted via CB10
    I get compliments all the time. But as soon as they see its a blackberry, they are no longer enthused. I love the phone. Hopefully blackberry keeps this form factor going because if they do I will buy it.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 11:43 AM

I have an AT&T PP and I've never had a double typing issue. I did have the flickering display bit that seems to have gone away.
    04-08-15 11:49 AM
    I used 2 OG Passport and 1 ATT one. No double typing.
    And that is great news. Im fully aware that only a few items are affected by this. I like to take care of what i own, unfortunately both my Bold 9900 and later the Q10 reproduced the syndrom. At this pricepoint, it's a letdown, but this is just my opinion.

04-08-15 11:50 AM
    Even if Blackberry did have the marketing of Apple and Samsung it would still be an uphill climb. Everyone is so used to there iphones and Galaxy phones that they are afraid to try Blackberry because of what people might think, and it will get them out of their comfort zone. Look at Windows phone, I have seen windows phone stores, commercials etc. But even they can't even gain traction to get close to Apple and Samsung.

At this point it is what it is. Blackberry has support all over the world which is what helps their sales even without much marketing.

Posted via CB10
    True and even Windows Phone is far nice than people give it credit for.
    04-08-15 11:51 AM
    Looks like we almost wrote our replies at the same time. As i said, of course not all the handsets have this issue, needless to say, none of them should at first place.

04-08-15 11:54 AM
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.
    04-08-15 11:57 AM
    True and even Windows Phone is far nice than people give it credit for.
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 12:04 PM
57 123