Outside or a severely damaged brand.. the main problem Blackberry has is that new users to any brand hate learning curves.. As BB devices are more geared to the professional user who is interested in productivity... Many media consumers find it confusing. I have two Apple products... two BB products and one Android. I have no issue switching between Apple and Android but finds BB more challenging due to the lack of a home button... makes non the the devices better.. just different..
    04-08-15 12:20 PM
    Don't quite agree, a lot of folks look at the passport and think is no way that phone can be cool, but it is definitely the best phone I have ever used., had I listened to friends & members of my family I would not have had this amazing piece of hardware/software.
    I've had the opposite. A lot of people have thought my phone was amazing

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 12:30 PM
    Got my first compliment on my Passport yesterday. iPhone 6 user remarked that the screen was amazing.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 01:39 PM
    Without getting into why most people don't like the Passport, lol, it's my all time favourite mobile device and I've been on iOS and Android as well for much longer than BlackBerry. It's a beautiful device, and has many things going for it beyond the form factor. Don't worry that it's not as popular as other platforms, just enjoy it for what it is!
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    04-08-15 07:15 PM
    Blimey...I kinda enjoy the exclusivity of having a Passport and the thought of many people don't get it and don't know to make it work for them
    yorkshireman2 likes this.
    04-09-15 02:41 AM
    I feel the same exact way. I love my Z30 too, but the Passport feels so perfect. The weird square shape really lends itself to the overall functionality of this phone, and it's just a really fun phone to type and do stuff on.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 02:58 AM
    I own a Q10 which I love very much, I'd like to buy a passport, though. But BlackBerry is not here officially in Turkey and prices are so damn high -2100TL--)approximately 900-1000 dolars- so what I'm trying to say is that marketing is wrong as others pointed out and damn prices...

Posted via Q10
    04-09-15 05:07 AM
    Without marketing. ....sales is impossible. ..
    Without apps, marketing is impossible ...

vicious cycle.
    04-09-15 07:23 AM
    Outside or a severely damaged brand.. the main problem Blackberry has is that new users to any brand hate learning curves.. As BB devices are more geared to the professional user who is interested in productivity... Many media consumers find it confusing. I have two Apple products... two BB products and one Android. I have no issue switching between Apple and Android but finds BB more challenging due to the lack of a home button... makes non the the devices better.. just different..
    I don't quite agree with the learning curve statement but I get what you're saying. To me, if consumers will get something new and exciting, they'll switch. They switched from Palm Pilots to BlackBerry. They switched from BlackBerry to iPhones. I've seen people switch from iPhones to Androids, Androids to iPhones and even iPhones and Androids to Windows Phones.

Non technical people too.

There's a lot to be said for "I just wanna try something new", and also for switching when there are specific benefits like apps.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-09-15 07:26 AM

vicious cycle.
    I disagree. Certainly the app situation makes things harder but not everyone cares that much about apps and still others (like myself) just want a decent way to do what we need to do. Since I hadn't had BB10 before, I decided to use the browser to go to a web site I couldn't get a good app for (Starbucks). To my surprise the site rendered very nicely indeed and even more surprising was the way the icon turned out when I had it create a shortcut on the home screen. Very nice. I can easily live with that situation in exchange for having my beloved Blackberry. I don't know why we're still having this conversation about apps after all this time but I am definitely glad that I can now work around it in a much less painful fashion.
    04-09-15 11:36 AM
    OP I completely agree. I too came from the most excellent Z30. Once you get used to the form factor it's game over. Unbelievable how good this Passport is from build quality, innovation and the ability to do anything you want with your mobile device. If people only knew. BlackBerry should be selling millions of these. Yes it's that damn good! And although I am not with Verizon they should make a capable Passport version for them and their network. Seems like a no brainer to me.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    Can't agree more. I'm at a position when I can acquire, and do, have all so-called flagship phones. This Passport is a really nice device. I have a Classic as a backup, but for the life of me, I just can't enjoy it. I try to get used to it as often as I can. Can't type on those raised keys, just hurt my thumbs. The PP screen is great for spreadsheets and any document really. The battery is tremendous. The only time I need both hands is when I type. I think most already know those features of the PP. However, one aspect I think many take for granted is the display of all 8 running apps on one screen. That's just a great side effects of the larger screen.
    04-09-15 12:23 PM
    BB should make all phones with all bands including CDMA. Then they could sell directly or through a distributor to the end user to use on any carrier. Then Chen could easily sell his 10 Million phones. Being on Verizon is a must for me because of coverage. Would buy the Passport in a heart beat even though I prefer a non-pkb phone. I want a true phablet so I do not want to carry a tablet also. My Playbook is getting tired.

Makes me wish they would license BB10 to Samsung
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-09-15 12:29 PM
    With regards to the 'double type issue', my very small business is now up to 8 Passports with ZERO problems. Just not an issue.
    04-09-15 06:16 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Best kept secret! Shhhh.... just enjoy!

From my AWESOME Passport

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 06:41 PM
    Question to PP owners,
    When you are viewing an email, can you hit I to file email and then start typing the folder name right away?
    This is one of my biggest concerns since the screen is impossible to use with one hand, I hope they retained keyboard shortcuts or even added more to Passport. I think "I" (capital i) shortcut was not available on Q10.

Edit: Just checked, it is there. This is amazing. I think I am a step closer to getting Passport. My Z30 has been running slower with the vast amount of emails I get every day, do you guys get big volumes like me? Sometimes it takes time for Z30 to load emails. I get about 500 emails a day and work with roughly 200-300 of these. I send at least 150 emails and I send a lot of these from my Z30. I just wish we could have two emails open side by side for easy copy/paste. This is my only problem with BB10.
    PS: I was at Central Park Zoo this past weekend, and one dude with white PP was taking pictures. So cool!
    04-10-15 12:09 AM
    Has anyone come up to you passport users and been intrigued by your phone? Tell us the story.

Posted via CB10
    There have been a few, but it tends to be more out of shock that there IS a Blackberry. Everyone seems to think they have gone bust long ago.

Out of its case I think the Passport is one of the best designed phones I've ever seen. Seriously cool :-)
    04-12-15 09:08 AM
    I agree.

I am a tech-savvy person so don't have any problems with any Blackberry, but I think for your 'typical' user they're just a too complex and powerful.

iPhones seem to have been adopted enmasse by non-techie housewife types who find them simple to use. Although why you'd pay $600 just to use Facebook and make the odd call I don't know.

I asked one of my non-techie friends why he bought an iPhone 6 and amazingly he said it was to play Spotify, because you HAD to have an iPhone to play Spotify. Go figure!
    Madhuchandran and kekos like this.
    04-12-15 09:23 AM

vicious cycle.
    What do you mean? Without what apps?

I have all the Blackberry apps and pretty much every Android app.

Heck, I have more apps that Android users do cos I have all the Blackberry ones too (which on the whole tend to be better anyway).

I really don't need any more apps at all.
    04-12-15 09:27 AM
    Yes. Cutting out the greedy middle-men (telcos) and go direct to consumer is the way to go, but it has to be backed up by AMAZING customer service from Blackberry - and that is something that Blackberry has been rubbish at for years.
    04-12-15 09:28 AM
    What do you mean? Without what apps?

I have all the Blackberry apps and pretty much every Android app.

Heck, I have more apps that Android users do cos I have all the Blackberry ones too (which on the whole tend to be better anyway).

I really don't need any more apps at all.
    If you read most reviews of BlackBerry 10 or any BB10 device, they usually go something like this

"Nice hardware, nice OS with nice features, but the achilles heel is a lack of apps. The Amazon App Store helps some, but not all Android apps work, work well. And many are still missing".

I've been liking my Z10 a lot more with the 10.3.1 update (Android apps seem quicker). I also installed Snap, which really does a much better job getting me what I need direct from Google than the Amazon store provides.

It's also a solution that isn't for the average consumer.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-13-15 07:06 AM
    BlackBerry needs to pump out some Droid devices. That's the only way they'll get people's attention. Not fully droid, it'll still have the Hub, Blend, BBM and all that...basically a hybrid of BB10 and Android but at least they can say that all of Google's PlayStore apps are available to even the technologically challenged people.

Plus it's a good headline grabber
    04-13-15 08:16 AM
    When I first got my AT&T Passport I was a little put off by its width.

But now that I've gone wide, I can't go back.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 09:13 AM
    I agree.

Posted via CB10
    You realize that this whole mess is due to the likes of Apple and Samsung with their huge marketing campaign. Nothing against Samsung, but Apple has taken the stance and given the attitude that there is NO OTHER phone worth your effort and of course everyone buys into that. Their phone works fine but it isn't the be-all and end-all to everything mobile. People need to check out other options and use their own head when making a decision. Don't let that Apple rep I met get away with "the people will need what we tell them they need". Freaking arrogant. Nokia Lumia/Windows Phone is a great OS and of course we all love our Passports. They each bring something different to the table and what suits me may not suit you but for pete's sake, use your God-given intelligence and make an informed and educated choice. Marcie would...
    04-13-15 10:47 AM
    When I first got my AT&T Passport I was a little put off by its width.

But now that I've gone wide, I can't go back.

Posted via CB10
    I started a different thread asking people if their android apps were behaving well on Passport 1:1 screen, but did not get much response. Either PP users are not using that many apps or they are ashamed to admit it.
    I am not sure.

The only way I can test certain apps is by pulling the keyboard outbid my Z30 to see how they scale. I am in Tapatalk now and it scales perfectly but what about other apps which don't need keyboard and wants to run full screen, games or even banking apps.

It seems BlackBerry did very well with Android compatibility on full touch devices but I doubt this benefit will impact many 1:1 users like PP.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    04-14-15 10:02 AM
    BlackBerry needs to pump out some Droid devices. That's the only way they'll get people's attention. Not fully droid, it'll still have the Hub, Blend, BBM and all that...basically a hybrid of BB10 and Android but at least they can say that all of Google's PlayStore apps are available to even the technologically challenged people.

Plus it's a good headline grabber
    The only problem with that strategy is, you are making BlackBerry yet another Android phone maker among a million of them.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-14-15 11:39 AM
57 123