From 'Oh Ugly' days of leaked photos to 'Wow' days of JC showing off at earnings call to the now spectacular pictures and user hailed review days, Passport has entirely grown on me. But like most people (not all), the price point was high for me and subsequently led me to the question......

Am I Worth Passport?

Am I using my almost a year old Z10 to its fullest productivity? Or is it just a gadget hunting, fan boy love? Am I using BB10 to its core strength to enhance my productivity? Am I achieving more with Z10 than with iPhone or Nexus?

What if I completely earn my Passport instead of buying outright? I am going to earn the entire $$ required by enhancing my current productivity using Z10/BB10.2.1. If I earn it, I am worth it.

And yes, I'm not going to keep it open ended. This Christmas, either Passport rocks in my hand or I'm settling with trusty Z10.

Till then this is where I am going to pen my 'productivity' journey.
    10-23-14 12:30 PM
    From 'Oh Ugly' days of leaked photos to 'Wow' days of JC showing off at earnings call to the now spectacular pictures and user hailed review days, Passport has entirely grown on me. But like most people (not all), the price point was high for me and subsequently led me to the question......

Am I Worth Passport?

Am I using my almost a year old Z10 to its fullest productivity? Or is it just a gadget hunting, fan boy love? Am I using BB10 to its core strength to enhance my productivity? Am I achieving more with Z10 than with iPhone or Nexus?

What if I completely earn my Passport instead of buying outright? I am going to earn the entire $$ required by enhancing my current productivity using Z10/BB10.2.1. If I earn it, I am worth it.

And yes, I'm not going to keep it open ended. This Christmas, either Passport rocks in my hand or I'm settling with trusty Z10.

Till then this is where I am going to pen my 'productivity' journey.
    There are a few things which make sense. I used a Z10 and Z30 concurrent.
    For one I like going back to a keyboard. Much more accurate typing.
    I like Blend. I do a lot of email and the Passport is usually hooked up to the computer in the office.

If you are using Android apps the Android runtime is better. I have a couple of apps which required Google Play before and wouldn't run on the Z10 or Z30. For some reason they run on the Passport.

What do you use the Z10 for?
    10-23-14 12:54 PM
    Though Remember is a nice app, to track almost a project this I probably need something more. After a careful look at BBW, I found Checked Task Pro and start working.

After using Remember, this one looks a little hard but the interface is nice and hope fully this will settle in.

I punched in a couple of categories and task and they started populate in Remember, Calendar and Hub too.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:36 PM
    There are a few things which make sense. I used a Z10 and Z30 concurrent.
    For one I like going back to a keyboard. Much more accurate typing.
    I like Blend. I do a lot of email and the Passport is usually hooked up to the computer in the office.

If you are using Android apps the Android runtime is better. I have a couple of apps which required Google Play before and wouldn't run on the Z10 or Z30. For some reason they run on the Passport.

What do you use the Z10 for?
    I hate both Google and Android for no reason at all. Lol
    But I do keep Flipboard (subscribed to a few RSS feeds) and an app called Keep track pro just to show to people how BB10 runs android smoothly.

I do social a lot and hope Passport is better suited for that.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 12:42 PM
    How are you going to earn money for a passport by enhancing productivity? Enhancing productivity will generate revenue how, specifically?
    10-24-14 12:50 PM
    ....Am I Worth Passport?.....
    well, you are KingOfQwerty after all....

so yes, you are worthy of it.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-24-14 12:59 PM
    How are you going to earn money for a passport by enhancing productivity? Enhancing productivity will generate revenue how, specifically?
    I didn't know when I started this project and this thread. Uncertainties. But that is life no?

But now I have a saving plan as well as an earning plan. And another earning plan is on the horizon.

On how, lately I am less on Facebook to see what others like and more on Checked Task Pro to plan out my moves. Isn't it enhancing productivity?
    10-27-14 01:27 AM
    Earning how?
    10-27-14 01:37 AM
    Earning how?
    Oh-oh, that's the trick of the trade, right?
    10-28-14 02:20 AM
    My trick of the trade requires that I need to collects news as it happens and after a lot of analysis, I found gNewsreader. Though that is not visually appealing as Flipboard, the job gets done with it.

While selecting apps, I followed the below method

1. According to others rating in BBW like star rating and no of reviewers
    2. According to my own analysis of screen shot posted and details given
    3. The date of last post of the app developer in CrackBerry forum on whether he is active
    4. The way of resolving issues as seen in CrackBerry forums

No wonder, gNewsreader knocked down RSS News hub and FeedMinder on above counts. The primary reason is the ability to read on web in my laptop as well versus FeedMinder's only device selection. Maybe these device alone apps will get the 'Blend' opportunity to have device as well as laptop presence.
    10-28-14 03:37 AM
    Now this project is powered by 'MyAccountant - BlackBerry World' an awesome app, which does what it says. Great for personal finance.
    11-04-14 10:50 PM
    I am really not trying to be mean but I found this thread ******* hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 01:07 AM
    That's the whole point of productivity.. enhancing revenue.. you get more things done efficiently , you get better money/grades/bonuses .. as simple as that

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    11-05-14 01:43 AM
    This thread just made me realize I've earned a little over 400 bucks in the last couple weeks trading stocks using nothing more than my Z10, it was so easy with the Stocks app for BlackBerry, the TD app and all the apps we have to follow news.

Anyway all I'm saying is thanks for making me realize that I'm worth Passport :-D

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 04:22 AM
    I have the Passport for almost a week now and I can say it does increase my productivity.

Most of things are already known but I can confirm they give a boost to my productivity as well.
    - Wide screen saves my time because it is now less necessary to access a PC to perform tasks not possible to be done in the phone. And this can enhance my productivity? because in the time saved I can perform other tasks.
    - Wide screen and the browser works well for more non mobile oriented web sites. Accessing information instantly is all it matters many times.
    - The battery saves my time because I simply had to charge it only once during the last days. I had to charge my Z10 almost every day. And when on low battery I had to make choices ( do that or leave it for later etc. ) . With the Passport, no more compromises. I simply perform almost any task at any time..
    11-05-14 07:42 AM
    Just having the ability to not have to run around to find a charger has increased productivity all by itself.

I was like the OP on my Z10, do I do this task or wait till I get home when I can charge the device to do said task? Now I don't compromise, I just do it without fear of running low on juice to complete the task.
    11-05-14 08:06 AM
    I am really not trying to be mean but I found this thread ******* hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I want to see the productivity c*** live in action as the word is almost abused here. And not to mention calling other phone users as unproductive.
    11-06-14 12:48 AM
    This thread just made me realize I've earned a little over 400 bucks in the last couple weeks trading stocks using nothing more than my Z10, it was so easy with the Stocks app for BlackBerry, the TD app and all the apps we have to follow news.

Anyway all I'm saying is thanks for making me realize that I'm worth Passport :-D

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the Stocks for BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry World is really awesome and I am using it daily.

But one thing I found that as I started using the device for serious work, I am in need of apps, though specific ones. And luckily they are available like this one and its native too.
    11-06-14 12:55 AM
    I have the Passport for almost a week now and I can say it does increase my productivity.

Most of things are already known but I can confirm they give a boost to my productivity as well.
    - Wide screen saves my time because it is now less necessary to access a PC to perform tasks not possible to be done in the phone. And this can enhance my productivity? because in the time saved I can perform other tasks.
    - Wide screen and the browser works well for more non mobile oriented web sites. Accessing information instantly is all it matters many times.
    - The battery saves my time because I simply had to charge it only once during the last days. I had to charge my Z10 almost every day. And when on low battery I had to make choices ( do that or leave it for later etc. ) . With the Passport, no more compromises. I simply perform almost any task at any time..
    Exactly. Even with my Z10, I am using my MBA less and less, only for batch processing of photos, videos and long duration web activity. Hope Passport will even reduce that
    11-06-14 12:59 AM
    Just having the ability to not have to run around to find a charger has increased productivity all by itself.

I was like the OP on my Z10, do I do this task or wait till I get home when I can charge the device to do said task? Now I don't compromise, I just do it without fear of running low on juice to complete the task.
    Finding a wall for charging my Z is the single most unproductive work, I am having. So much for JC mocking iPhone. Its a pity that scientists are not yet figured out a solution to this.

Also I have found out being in CB is also unproductive at time. Hoping for hub integrated CB10.
    11-06-14 01:04 AM
    I say keep using your Z10 since you haven't used it for one year.

I had used my Z10 for 19 months before I switched over to using the Passport. I can't say I'm more productive. I do know that my messages are more accurate. I enjoy the high resolution screen, the radio function, and the wide screen.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-06-14 01:10 AM
    A phone upgrade probably isn't worth it, but it's a luxury purchase that I tend to make.

Each of us blows money in different ways.

Posted with my Passport via CB10
    11-06-14 01:33 PM