I've been hyping up the release of the Passport and Classic and I've even convinced a couple of family members to wait until September for the release before upgrading. There's no reason they won't launch in September and make me look like an *****?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 10:45 PM
    It's always a shot in the dark, but they seem to be moving along at a nice clip. We've seen shots of some devices already in production.
    ruhban likes this.
    07-17-14 10:52 PM
    Not if you're in the United States!
    :-(

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    BBRYQ10 and dbiv5445 like this.
    07-17-14 10:52 PM
    Better off saying sometime in the fall to be safe.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-17-14 11:24 PM
    Blackberry isn't exactly known for being prompt on its release dates.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 01:55 AM
    "Before Christmas" is much safer...
    07-18-14 05:52 AM
    I have done the same thing OP. My old man is still rocking a 9800. He is way past an upgrade and my mom keeps pushing him to get a Samsung. I keep telling him to wait for the Passport and see how that is. I send him a leaked picture of it now and then to remind him of it.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    ruhban likes this.
    07-18-14 08:42 AM
    Fall, probably. Fall 2014 outside the USA, Fall 2086 inside the USA.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban, dbiv5445, tryfe and 7 others like this.
    07-18-14 08:44 AM
    I have done the same thing OP. My old man is still rocking a 9800. He is way past an upgrade and my mom keeps pushing him to get a Samsung. I keep telling him to wait for the Passport and see how that is. I send him a leaked picture of it now and then to remind him of it.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Your poor dad. I have to go with your mom on this. There really is nothing that will give your dad the beautiful experience of the 9800. I'd say that the Classic would at least give him the keyboard he is used to. But he wouldn't have a rectangular screen. If he doesn't mind typing on glass then your mom's idea is giving your dad the best chance at staying current with the latest tech and compatable apps with all his friends.

Unless your dad is a BlackBerry fanatic you're crippling him. I'm only saying this after watching my 76 year old dad flourish with an iPhone 5. I'd never own an iPhone but I think they are good for old people.

Don't underestimate your mom. I think that she's right unless your dad wants the keyboard and understands he won't have apps or a screen size that is the proportions of his old Torch. I was in love with my 9810 and still haven't found anything as great as that old phone. So I totally feel where your dad is at.

Hope he finds something that keeps him young.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-18-14 09:27 AM
    You are definitely sticking your neck out since you are counting on September availability with a specific carrier when there's every possibility that most carriers will take a wait-and-see or indefinite-testing-period attitude with a smartphone like this.
    ruhban likes this.
    07-18-14 09:37 AM
    September passes, Iphone 6 launches, you get chumped. Sorry for ya. Look how long its taken Z3 to make it into markets.
    07-18-14 09:42 AM
    Chen said there would be an event in London in September. Whether that is a launch AND release, or just a launch... we will see.

Even if it is a release... it will be Europe release first as he did say that I believe. If history repeats, Canada will follow weeks later, and then America many weeks later.

Best not to tell them September yet

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    07-18-14 10:00 AM
    And always keep in mind that a September launch event means September 30th, or maybe the first week of October, as opposed to early or mid September.
    ruhban likes this.
    07-18-14 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not since JC took over. The only one someone can argue/crib over potentially is Z3 and it's timing. A thread with endless debate on it.

Need to stop stereotyping them. BlackBerry is changing in terms of their commitments with the new management.

As for passport good question. Is it a September launch in London or release? Don't know.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    07-18-14 11:02 AM
    OP probably should had said sometime later in 2014..or early 2015.
    07-18-14 12:28 PM
    "Soon" is the best/safest answer.

Posted from an ME173X
    ruhban likes this.
    07-18-14 01:22 PM
    Under John Chen leadership if he said sometime in September, it's got to be in September. September 2014, 15, 16 and 17... Nooooo, more like September 2014. Save up your money now!
    ruhban likes this.
    07-18-14 01:29 PM
    It is always better to use Blackberry's vocabulary. "Coming Soon...."

Blackberry always.....
    07-18-14 01:46 PM
    Your poor dad. I have to go with your mom on this. There really is nothing that will give your dad the beautiful experience of the 9800. I'd say that the Classic would at least give him the keyboard he is used to. But he wouldn't have a rectangular screen. If he doesn't mind typing on glass then your mom's idea is giving your dad the best chance at staying current with the latest tech and compatable apps with all his friends.

Unless your dad is a BlackBerry fanatic you're crippling him. I'm only saying this after watching my 76 year old dad flourish with an iPhone 5. I'd never own an iPhone but I think they are good for old people.

Don't underestimate your mom. I think that she's right unless your dad wants the keyboard and understands he won't have apps or a screen size that is the proportions of his old Torch. I was in love with my 9810 and still haven't found anything as great as that old phone. So I totally feel where your dad is at.

Hope he finds something that keeps him young.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    I totally get what your are saying. I would say the 9810 was the best device I have had too. I wish for a slider phone to come back like that.

At first he planned on making the switch to Samsung. But he still can't let go of the keyboard. Which I can't blame him... I can't stand typing on this thing.
    He also wants a big screen, so I figure the Passport will be his best bet. Bigger screen then his Torch, and still has a keyboard.
    He just got a Note 12.2, so for anything else, he can rock that.

ruhban and Doggerz like this.
    07-18-14 04:29 PM
    Contemplating to take the Eurostar to London when it releases and try/buy one.
    07-18-14 05:35 PM
    From a recent Indonesian article:

"PR Manager BlackBerry Indonesia, Yolanda Nainggolan stated that the BlackBerry Passport soon enter the market after the country officially launched in September in London"

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    07-19-14 12:01 AM
    I asked the people at the Blackberry Store here in Dubai and they said it'll arrive here in October/November

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 04:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    They've been alright as of late. Even my Z10 was on time. The day after launch

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 06:36 PM

In my case I've told my sister to wait. She's due for an upgrade in about a weeks time from her S3 which is ridiculously slow now. Before that she had a Curve 8520 which incidentally faster than the S3! This is why she's decided to ask me about the latest and greatest BlackBerry. Let's hope they don't let us down!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 06:39 PM
    You are definitely sticking your neck out since you are counting on September availability with a specific carrier when there's every possibility that most carriers will take a wait-and-see or indefinite-testing-period attitude with a smartphone like this.
    I'm in the UK so carriers aren't much of a problem for us - they tend to shy away from exclusivity deals. It's safe to say they'll all stock a few at their shops at launch but if it flops they won't restock which is basically the same as what they've done now.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 06:42 PM
27 12