Think of OG like you think of 'going commando' which doesn't have any military ties anymore. OG doesn't have anything to do with gangsters anymore.
    facepalm yourself
    08-12-15 07:12 PM
    um.. that's been established wth are you talking about. however, OG IS the incorrect abbreviation to original. there could be 400 posts, my point still stands.

can't believe this is the highlight of this thread. smh.
    I guess the SE Passport is that unexciting

Now let's put this to rest - Let me google that for you
    extisis likes this.
    08-12-15 07:24 PM
    Do you even have one? I have been using mine for almost 5 days. I understand why some might not like the look but There are some major changes:

1. The keyboard is significantly better and easier to type on.
    2. The antenna have been reworked with this new case to provide even better signal strength. I definitely notice a difference over my Red PP.
    3. The speakers are slightly louder.
    4. It feels much better in the hand and with the extra room at the bottom makes it easier to type on.
    5. The accessories are better in my opinion than the first.
    6. The camera is protected. My Red BB already has some scratches.
    7. The scrolling and swiping sensitivity on this keyboard is easier than on my Red PP.
    8. It feels more solid with the stainless steel in my opinion.
    08-12-15 07:36 PM
    Someone claimed here earlier that not all of the silver parts are made of stainless steel but some are made of silver painted plastic.

True or false?
    08-12-15 09:46 PM
    Well, I have both in front of me and I like the SE a lot better... nicer and higher end finish

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    08-12-15 09:58 PM
    I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm seriously contemplating switching carriers just to get it #NoVerizonLove smh
    08-12-15 10:00 PM
    I got the red and the black original Passports but the SE definitely feels more premium to me.

The SE reminds me of the Mercedes Benz G-wagon. Some say it looks out dated or too rugged. But there's a certain feel of luxury that this one has that my other two didn't have. The plain plastic or rubberized plastic backs are gone, replaced by a textured, patterned better feeling rubber. It's not the kind of rubber like the black one, where a fingernail could scuff it.

I think the regular Passports look cool, but this SE one feels like a Porsche Design model.

Posted via CB10
    d.roc likes this.
    08-12-15 11:32 PM
    I haven't seen it in person yet but I'm seriously contemplating switching carriers just to get it #NoVerizonLove smh
    Lol what carrier do you think is holding the SE?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know for sure , but i don't think you can get it through a carrier , maybe later but not now.
    08-13-15 09:06 AM
    No,i don't like the Passport period.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    08-13-15 09:08 AM
    I don't know for sure , but i don't think you can get it through a carrier , maybe later but not now.
    You can't. But yes maybe later if it sells well. It seems like people here on CB emptied their wallets and "made it rain" when the SE came out. But I'd expect that from this site ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 06:11 PM
    No,i don't like the Passport period.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    Why not Bobby? It's not my personal preference of phone but I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin. It is a BlackBerry after all.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 06:13 PM
    You can't. But yes maybe later if it sells well. It seems like people here on CB emptied their wallets and "made it rain" when the SE came out. But I'd expect that from this site ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Just got mine today, I think it's worth it, very nice phone.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-13-15 06:16 PM
    I get this feeling that people hating on the Passport fall in one of two categories:

1) They are feeling butthurt because they didn't know a better upgrade regarding the Passport would present themselves down the line and are now out of the warranty period.

2) They can't afford the phone to begin with. Might as well bash something you only see on pictures and have no first hand experience with right?

I used to fall into category number two until I decided to go ahead on a whim by ditching my Z10. Now I'm more than happy for making the change. Go figure.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    valiant29 and Dominique Dy like this.
    08-13-15 07:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ummmmm It's not a CDMA phone therefore I'd have to switch to a GSM carrier to use it. Overstand?
    08-13-15 08:03 PM
    Ummmmm It's not a CDMA phone therefore I'd have to switch to a GSM carrier to use it. Overstand?
    ah well you didn't state that. overstood.
    08-13-15 08:53 PM
    I have all three Passports, including the black from launch. I loved the white but hated the back, it was too slippery. Love the look and design of the silver as well as the back material. It is awesome. Looks great in person. Just looks badass. I could be crazy but feels a little lighter in weight and the keys are easier to push. Definitely the best passport yet.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    08-14-15 01:41 AM
    I have all three Passports, including the black from launch. I loved the white but hated the back, it was too slippery. Love the look and design of the silver as well as the back material. It is awesome. Looks great in person. Just looks badass. I could be crazy but feels a little lighter in weight and the keys are easier to push. Definitely the best passport yet.

Nice...Cant understand for the life of me why they limited the SE to GSM carriers.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:45 AM
    Nice...Cant understand for the life of me why they limited the SE to GSM carriers.

Posted via CB10
    That is bizarre. They used to release all phones in every variant, not anymore.

08-14-15 09:08 AM
    That is bizarre. They used to release all phones in every variant, not anymore.

It makes perfect sense to me because BlackBerry has been steadily diminishing its presence in hardware ever since Chen arrived. I mean, Chen admitted that BlackBerry was still losing money in hardware and he has recently reduced the number of expected phones to be released this year. And he is a software guy who's trying to reshape the company in that fashion.

I worry that all of these measures, including Chen's only releasing GSM models, just continues the same trend towards a BlackBerry exit from hardware in the next year or so.

Then again, all of this could be a random coincidence and amount to nothing.
    extisis likes this.
    08-14-15 10:40 AM
    I think the new passport SE looks great.... I want one!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    08-14-15 10:41 AM
    Between Verizon and Sprint they have well over 1/2 of market share in the USA both CDMA carriers. So just ignore over half of customers available. Smart plan.

? Wireless carrier market share subscriptions United States 2011-2015 | Statistic
    08-14-15 12:02 PM
    Between Verizon and Sprint they have well over 1/2 of market share in the USA both CDMA carriers. So just ignore over half of customers available. Smart plan.

? Wireless carrier market share subscriptions United States 2011-2015 | Statistic
    Exactly. I really want that phone, I was seriously considering leaving leaving verizon for it until they cut my bill by $60 and gave me an extra gig. I still want it tho I really hope they make a CDMA version.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-14-15 11:14 PM
    Been using the SE for a while now coming from Black passport to white Passport and then to this Silver machine. It quite refreshing for a change and the keyboard is simply too good... I don't know but I even feel as if the device is a little faster and responsive than my black and white device!

Passport 
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    08-15-15 10:16 AM
    I just got a red Passport. Very impressed with the look and function of it. Looking at the Silver one in picture only, not very impressed. Doesn't jump out at me. Any of the original Passports looks far better that that thing. Would have to try one out to make a proper call though.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 09:42 AM
229 ... 678910