What the ''OG''. I get that people are talking about the unlocked passort, but why the term ''OG''

Posted via CB10
    Was wondering the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 10:11 PM
    Was wondering the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    OG. they're trying to abbreviate ORIGINAL but it throws people off because you don't abbreviate it that way. you abbreviate it "Orig." but nobody listened to me the last time i mentioned it. So the Original Gangster Passport it is. lmao.
    the3maples likes this.
    08-11-15 11:37 PM
    OG. they're trying to abbreviate ORIGINAL but it throws people off because you don't abbreviate it that way. you abbreviate it "Orig." but nobody listened to me the last time i mentioned it. So the Original Gangster Passport it is. lmao.
    eyesopen1111 has it right. I've never heard your explanation. OG came from the Crips gang in the 70's and then into larger hip-hop culture thru gangster rap albums like Ice-T's 1991 'OG-Original Gangster'. Like many terms arising from sub-cultures, once it reaches mainstream and continues changing, it only has vestigial ties to the past.
    ckasey likes this.
    08-12-15 12:54 AM
    Yes, OG = Original Gangster
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    08-12-15 01:00 AM
    That's not right. I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that OG = Original Gangster. It's just a part of American vernacular. And it's kind of funny to apply it to an electronic device.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-12-15 01:31 AM
    OK, I found another reason why I hate SE. Because of 'SE', 'OG' has been created...

Posted via CB10
    andy957, kbz1960, bodjor and 1 others like this.
    08-12-15 06:34 AM
    White seems to be the least favorite color way of the bunch.
    You do have to a certain Ora about yourself to rock a White BBP.
    #TeamWhiteBBP
    Ora?
    08-12-15 07:17 AM
    Ora?
    Ora can be used as a general term, I used it in the sense
    Of positive energy,confidence.
    08-12-15 08:24 AM
    Passport is the greatest PKB device ever launched . The device was awaiting a much needed makeup. The rechristened device has covered almost all the grey areas of the old Passport. I am eagerly waiting to replace my old Passport with the silver passport. Needless to mention the device comes with many addons accessories. Salutations to BlackBerry for timely introduction of this device.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.2339]
    08-12-15 08:37 AM

aura*
    kbz1960, andy957 and nicky_willz like this.
    08-12-15 08:46 AM
    The passport Silver Edition looks fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:17 AM
    You're not the only one. This product is a result of lazy design and no vision. Rehashing an old product by retooling the case and then releasing it as "new" is utterly embarrassing. Nobody does this. Nobody.

When was the last time Samsung, HTC, LG, Apple, etc. released a new flagship device that was exactly the same as the old device, just with a new case? The closest anyone comes to this is Apple with 5C, though at least they did make it clear that it was supposed to be a "cheap" version. Even with Apple's backing that product was a huge failure. BlackBerry just took the idea to an unheard-of level.

Posted via CB10
    It is not a new flagship. It's a silver EDITION. That says it all.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:41 AM
    Here we go again. Is there anything BlackBerry can do without people complaining about it? If you like the form off the Passport then you have a choice which model you like, OG, SE, AT&T, red, white.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:43 AM
    OK, I found another reason why I hate SE. Because of 'SE', 'OG' has been created...

Posted via CB10
    Been calling it the OG Passport since the AT&T version came out; can't blame that one on the SE.
    08-12-15 09:50 AM

It's an anatomical or biological term though, according to dictionary.com
    08-12-15 10:06 AM
    Been calling it the OG Passport since the AT&T version came out; can't blame that one on the SE.
    blame it on people that can't abbreviate correctly.
    bodjor likes this.
    08-12-15 12:05 PM
    OG = ol'git
    extisis likes this.
    08-12-15 12:48 PM
    You're not the only one. This product is a result of lazy design and no vision. Rehashing an old product by retooling the case and then releasing it as "new" is utterly embarrassing. Nobody does this. Nobody.

When was the last time Samsung, HTC, LG, Apple, etc. released a new flagship device that was exactly the same as the old device, just with a new case? The closest anyone comes to this is Apple with 5C, though at least they did make it clear that it was supposed to be a "cheap" version. Even with Apple's backing that product was a huge failure. BlackBerry just took the idea to an unheard-of level.

Posted via CB10
    Take a load of this pleb...
    Oh wow.
    Apple does it all the freaking time!!!
    Remember the 4s, 5s and now the 6s!!!
    Hurr Durr let me freaking over clock the processor a bit and market it as the hottest tortilla in the market.
    Also most Android devices recycle the same components smack a new design and call it new.
    Holy crap... how na�ve can you be?!?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:04 PM
    That's not right. I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that OG = Original Gangster. It's just a part of American vernacular. And it's kind of funny to apply it to an electronic device.

Posted via CB10
    oh yes, that's why mostly everyone's confused when reading it regarding a Passport. everyone is aware of the actual meaning, not what CBers are trying to call the first Passport. it's not funny.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-12-15 02:22 PM
    oh yes, that's why mostly everyone's confused when reading it regarding a Passport. everyone is aware of the actual meaning, not what CBers are trying to call the first Passport. it's not funny.
    Apparently writing "orig." is too hard.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor and extisis like this.
    08-12-15 02:29 PM
    Did you not see the four separate posts telling you that �OG� is NOT the incorrect abbreviation of �original,� but rather is the CORRECT abbreviation of �Original Gangster�???

Another mistake like that and you�ll flunk Crackberry Hip Hop for the entire year!

Do you think that we�re all lying to you? I promise we�re not.
    08-12-15 02:32 PM
    Take a load of this pleb...
    Oh wow.
    Apple does it all the freaking time!!!
    Remember the 4s, 5s and now the 6s!!!
    Hurr Durr let me freaking over clock the processor a bit and market it as the hottest tortilla in the market.
    Also most Android devices recycle the same components smack a new design and call it new.
    Holy crap... how na�ve can you be?!?

Posted via CB10
    If you had any clue about technology you'd know that Apple follows a very similar pattern to Intel's tick-tock methodology. Each product iteration introduces changes, one focusing more on new architecture, the other on refinement and enhancement. For example, the new 6s is most likely going to get force touch, which will radically change how a user can interact with apps on iOS. There are likely to be other improvements as well, such as new camera hardware. As for Android, it doesn't matter if two different vendors use the same components. The same vendor never rehashes an old flagship as new flagship. For example, Samsung won't sell the S6 next year as an S7.

Silver is still just new lipstick on a pig. Passport is a good device (I use it) but releasing the same device as one of the "new" devices with no actual improvements beyond the lipstick is laughable.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:35 PM
    Think of OG like you think of 'going commando' which doesn't have any military ties anymore. OG doesn't have anything to do with gangsters anymore.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    08-12-15 02:46 PM
    This thread is hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 03:55 PM
    Did you not see the four separate posts telling you that “OG” is NOT the incorrect abbreviation of “original,” but rather is the CORRECT abbreviation of “Original Gangster”???

Another mistake like that and you’ll flunk Crackberry Hip Hop for the entire year!

Do you think that we’re all lying to you? I promise we’re not.
    um.. that's been established wth are you talking about. however, OG IS the incorrect abbreviation to original. there could be 400 posts, my point still stands.

can't believe this is the highlight of this thread. smh.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-12-15 07:10 PM
229 ... 56789 ...