Uh no my example is perfect.
    OK, if you say so. You're entitled to your opinion.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    08-06-15 04:29 PM
    Not any hate as much as a big Meh. Not a compelling upgrade for me. Offers no significant upgrade relative to the original aside from style, and that's a mixed bag from my perspective.
    Now, if it was water,dust and more bounce resistant...

Posted on my Passport to the future
    08-06-15 05:00 PM
    OK, if you say so. You're entitled to your opinion.
    You as well fellow BlackBerry fan.

Posted with Z30
    dejanh likes this.
    08-06-15 05:25 PM
    Think outside of the box (wireless industry). Think of the SE as a refresh to gain more sales and refine the design from the OG. Automakers (Toyota, Honda, Nissan, etc) for decades have been refreshing the design of their cars every few years while keeping the engine the same. This is a cost effective move to gain more sales while spending less. John Chen is a smart man and even better CEO!
    08-07-15 04:45 AM
    I like an industrial design but the Silver looks like a 50/50 mix between the AT&T Passport and the normal one.

It looks ok but it's not a "would buy" in my case. Sure, if you want to jump in the Passport bandwagon it's worth it for the extra $130 of goodies but not sure if someone who already owns a Passport would acquire one.
    Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 05:27 AM
    You're not alone. I'm not a fan of it. The original was much more aesthetically well rounded and consistent. It looked way more refined. Which is funny because this new version is supposed to be more 'refined'. This 'Silver Edition' looks cheap. And I say that because it actually is since the majority of the device is NOT made of stainless steel. They're fooling the public with a name like that. Only the upper perimeter of the device's borders are actually metal. The bottom portion of the borders' perimeter (the edges beside and below the keyboard where the antenna lies) is all plastic, the panel surrounding the keyboard is plastic, the back door (access to Micro SD and Nano SIM) is plastic and the top part where the front camera, LED notification light and speaker is is plastic. I also despise how the top corners are different shapes from the bottom corners. It's a dreadful inconsistency. Overall, the device looks tacky and cheap. Seems to me like BlackBerry may have been pushing to have this phone as a high-end luxury device but Porsche Design didn't want it and BlackBerry decided to cut back and deck out most of it in plastic and call it a new phone.

What we need is a true successor. A second generation BlackBerry Passport. Same screen size, thinner depth, thinner bezels, better internals and more metal (I hope).
    dejanh and anon(5830442) like this.
    08-07-15 05:53 AM
    Hey guy. I'm pretty sure that you are not the only one who doesn't like the new design of the silver passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 05:58 AM
    The Silver edition doesn't look appealing at all

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 06:20 AM
    Flailing mismanagement & market force blindness on top of cards-up supercilious attitude toward the miniscule remaining customer base... when will they learn?

You're not alone. I'm not a fan of it. The original was much more aesthetically well rounded and consistent. It looked way more refined. Which is funny because this new version is supposed to be more 'refined'. This 'Silver Edition' looks cheap. And I say that because it actually is since the majority of the device is NOT made of stainless steel. They're fooling the public with a name like that. Only the upper perimeter of the device's borders are actually metal. The bottom portion of the borders' perimeter (the edges beside and below the keyboard where the antenna lies) is all plastic, the panel surrounding the keyboard is plastic, the back door (access to Micro SD and Nano SIM) is plastic and the top part where the front camera, LED notification light and speaker is is plastic. I also despise how the top corners are different shapes from the bottom corners. It's a dreadful inconsistency. Overall, the device looks tacky and cheap. Seems to me like BlackBerry may have been pushing to have this phone as a high-end luxury device but Porsche Design didn't want it and BlackBerry decided to cut back and deck out most of it in plastic and call it a new phone.

What we need is a true successor. A second generation BlackBerry Passport. Same screen size, thinner depth, thinner bezels, better internals and more metal (I hope).
    08-07-15 06:44 AM
    It doesn't seem you're alone, but I think a lot of this is that reaction some people get when a new version of anything comes out. They react by trying to find a fault to justify why their previous version is better.
    The passport isn't for me, but in my opinion this new one looks better and I would venture to say that had this been the 1st version released, most of the people who bought the original would have bought and loved this as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 07:04 AM
    While I don't hate the new silver edition, I dislike how the black keyboard looks on the front. They keyboard itself is great, but just looks out of place with the all-silver chassis of the phone. I think the rest of the device looks okay besides that, but you're right, it sure doesn't look like a premium device.

Crackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Passport
    08-07-15 09:29 AM
    Looks to me like some you see with dual simcard slots on Asian websites for peanuts !!
    ...it sure doesn't look like a premium device.

Crackberry Z10 Z30 Q5 Passport
    08-07-15 09:50 AM
    I like the look of the Silver. The original looks good too. It's good to have options.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 10:24 AM
    Blackberry did a great job. The Silver Edition looks premium. I couldn't resist the accessory bundle offer, so I ordered. I like the new shape and the grippy back of the phone. The specs on the OE Passport were already top notch to begin with. I think the enhancements on the SE are appropriate. I think I will like the rounded corners because I type on my OE Passport all the time and sometimes feel like the bottom corners poke my hands a little bit.
    08-08-15 07:00 AM
    I like the Leica look. And one extra bar of reception.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 07:13 AM
    I personally like it better than the original Passport. But no single device will please everyone's tastes etc.

I do like the back of the device way better than the front. Some of the front dimensions just seem a bit out of balance for me but heck, I'd still at least try one out if it was offered on the Verizon network.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and anon(5830442) like this.
    08-08-15 08:09 AM
    I don't hate it, but it doesn't feel consistent to me. From a design standpoint, it mirrors vintage cameras. A great look, undoubtedly, but for me, this works when you are designing a camera, not a phone. It is the same reason why the LG G4 looks like an old wallet. There is a purity and honesty of design to the original PP...it looks like what it is: a sleek, modern piece of technology. I don't want it clothed in another "look". Now, it seems the Silver is better ergonomically but that is a different issue. Could I live with it? Yes, if I felt the improvements it represents are important to me. But faced with a choice between silver and black, as I am, the black remains the object of desire.

Posted from my Z30...aging like fine wine.

Posted via CB10
    bodjor likes this.
    08-09-15 07:23 AM
    People buy a smartphone based on looks instead of function? I thought that was only Apple?

Posted via CB10
    bodjor and tw1g_007 like this.
    08-09-15 07:55 AM
    The choice between black, red and white Passports comes down only to looks. The Silver Edition is mostly a cosmetic option. Of course it is what this phone does that draws people to it...but everything is designed, and the aesthetic is a big part of that. Form and function operate together.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:08 AM
    Why buy one shirt over another if they both cover you? Why buy one car over another if they both go from a to b? Why buy one house over another if they both provide shelter? Why choose one meal over another if they both provide nutrition? In the absence of functional differences, design / taste matters. It does anyway for an awful lot of people. Shouldn't have to apologise for that.

Posted via CB10
    amathtools likes this.
    08-09-15 08:20 AM
    People buy a smartphone based on looks instead of function? I thought that was only Apple?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but the SE is the fashion statement. It's flashy and catches the eye. The OG is perfect in its look anyway, nothing wasted, utilitarian, but modern and simple--clean. The OG is good design. I'm more sure of that now than ever, I just wish it were as well built as the SE.

But I'm happy to reward nice aesthetics, so I'll keep the OG.

Posted via CB10
    mark bennett4 likes this.
    08-09-15 08:33 AM
    After having a good look at a few HD pics, I like it more than I thought I would!! I especially like the tapered bottom corners. Nice job Blackberry.

Sent from my ASUS Zenfone 2 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by gliveron2; 08-11-15 at 08:53 PM.
    08-11-15 08:28 PM
    Is this the unwanted child of BlackBerry and Leica?! Who is pushing it?

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I thought too!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 09:45 PM
    What the ''OG''. I get that people are talking about the unlocked passort, but why the term ''OG''

Posted via CB10
    eyesopen1111 and bodjor like this.
    08-11-15 09:51 PM
    What the ''OG''. I get that people are talking about the unlocked passort, but why the term ''OG''

Posted via CB10
    �OG� is American hip hop slang standing for �original gangster,� which referred to the older generation of individuals involved. Now people use the term more broadly to refer to the first of something. So, the OG Passport is the original Passport. 🏾
    08-11-15 10:04 PM
229 ... 45678 ...