Do you actually own a Passport? I don't have an iPhone so I never say iPhone is laggy. It is a toy. How can you expect a toy to be laggy?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I actually do have a passport. Call the iPhone a toy or whatever other name you need to do to make yourself feel better, but that "toy" has far more business and productivity apps, then BlackBerry could ever dream of... so I guess it's a business toy and a gamer toy, and a media toy... I like toys, nothing wrong with that... Enjoy your non-toy, serious use only device.
    08-05-15 11:04 AM
    My android that has far better internals is laggy as hell after a year of use. My wife has an iphone and I guarantee after the release of the next model it will start to lag just like all the others she has owned. My q10 still moves as fast as the day I got it, same as my 9900 series. One thing I can say about blackberry is that they don't slow down over time like the other OS. Maybe your experience is different..
    LyoobaBerry and anon(5830442) like this.
    08-05-15 11:22 AM
    Photos look ChEaP...

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 12:09 PM
    Yes I actually do have a passport. Call the iPhone a toy or whatever other name you need to do to make yourself feel better, but that "toy" has far more business and productivity apps, then BlackBerry could ever dream of... so I guess it's a business toy and a gamer toy, and a media toy... I like toys, nothing wrong with that... Enjoy your non-toy, serious use only device.
    How many tasks can your toy do at once without stopping any of them?

Oh, I remember know, iOS8 can attach more than two pictures. A great step forward.

I don't feel better calling iPhone a toy,but do you feel better when comparing iPhone and Passport?

I don't compare. I love my Passport.
    If you wanna do the spec thing, go to Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 01:03 PM
    Hate is a strong word. As a Blackberry users there is noting to hate really. It is just a matter of personal preferences. I have original Passport so liking is relative now.
    If THIS edition was 'Original' in 2014 and would I have like it enough to buy? Most probably .... Yes
    This is now, I have original Passport, Am i keen enough to sell/swap/ old PP for Silver Edition? Definitely .... No.
    I don't hate it, just that I agree with some parts of it like rubberised back, but do not like the curious mix of rounded and sharp corners, and silver painted plastic panels.
    Even other people not having earlier passport will base their preferences based on aesthetics; but hate Blackberry on BB10 even if it is 'just another variant ???? ....... By law of averages, having choices is good idea for more sales.
    08-05-15 01:35 PM
    My android that has far better internals is laggy as hell after a year of use. My wife has an iphone and I guarantee after the release of the next model it will start to lag just like all the others she has owned. My q10 still moves as fast as the day I got it, same as my 9900 series. One thing I can say about blackberry is that they don't slow down over time like the other OS. Maybe your experience is different..
    Entirely due to the software. Not surprising. I'll stick with BBOS thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 03:06 PM
    Looks identical to the other passport on verizon. Invisible. Boo.
    08-05-15 03:13 PM
    Regardless of you guys' debate over what constitutes a toy phone vs a business use only phone, I find the new silver Passport to be a bit lacking. I'll stick with my AT&T version. I think it looks better than the other two versions. I'd say it looks better than the other two versions combined, but isn't that all they did was combine the unlocked version and the AT&T version to come up with this thing? Bottom line is, iPhone hadn't really changed in a decade and it was still viable. I don't think you have to push out an updated model every so often to keep it viable.

Also, I'll never understand the masses who freak out over a new color release. You're just going to cover it up with a case anyways. Why not buy a colored case and ... BOOM ... now you have a new color release! I have a black AT&T Passport. I put a red case on it. Why buy a red phone when you can just buy a red case? When I get sick of red I'll swap my case out and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than a new phone in a different color.
    08-05-15 04:55 PM
    You're not the only one. This product is a result of lazy design and no vision. Rehashing an old product by retooling the case and then releasing it as "new" is utterly embarrassing. Nobody does this. Nobody.

When was the last time Samsung, HTC, LG, Apple, etc. released a new flagship device that was exactly the same as the old device, just with a new case? The closest anyone comes to this is Apple with 5C, though at least they did make it clear that it was supposed to be a "cheap" version. Even with Apple's backing that product was a huge failure. BlackBerry just took the idea to an unheard-of level.

Posted via CB10
    Lots of companies do this. Uh my brother has the Samsung alpha??? Which I believe is a metal S5 basically. And this isn't new. It is a silver edition. The word edition would mean it is a variant of a original.

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 05:13 PM
    I'm one of the people who liked, and still like, the Passport form factor. I liked the rounded corners of the AT&T edition. The Silver Edition looks good to me, but not enough to tempt me to buy one. My original black Passport will hold me for a while yet.
    08-05-15 05:14 PM
    Regardless of you guys' debate over what constitutes a toy phone vs a business use only phone, I find the new silver Passport to be a bit lacking. I'll stick with my AT&T version. I think it looks better than the other two versions. I'd say it looks better than the other two versions combined, but isn't that all they did was combine the unlocked version and the AT&T version to come up with this thing? Bottom line is, iPhone hadn't really changed in a decade and it was still viable. I don't think you have to push out an updated model every so often to keep it viable.

Also, I'll never understand the masses who freak out over a new color release. You're just going to cover it up with a case anyways. Why not buy a colored case and ... BOOM ... now you have a new color release! I have a black AT&T Passport. I put a red case on it. Why buy a red phone when you can just buy a red case? When I get sick of red I'll swap my case out and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than a new phone in a different color.
    To the last part of your quote. I always go naked on my phones. Always no case. Perhaps a pouch. That's why the red passport has been calling to me but was worried about a few things slippery back and such which makes me look at the silver edition.

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 05:15 PM
    Hate is. bit too strong of a word for me. I definitely dislike the form. The corners do not appear to be uniform.

Posted via CB10
    I like the different corners. I wish it was more like the Porsche phone corners though.

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 05:17 PM
    Someone needs to just tear down the new silver edition and powder coat that frame black.
    That matte black passport was rendered once it would be the best looking.

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 05:36 PM
    One thing I find odd is the screen bezel that has thicker top to accommodate Blackberry logo. Logo could have been easily embossed at the bottom below the keyboard and Silver Edition could have ended with the same height as the original Passport.

It could be they saved that space for T-Mobile screen print branding.

EDIT: Ok I've just watch hands-on video, its obvious as a day as Kevin drops the hint that this is a Porsche Design Passport without PD logo on it.
    Is the top bigger? It looks like they just extended the chin making the device longer. Which they should improve on passport 2. And yes BlackBerry needs to cut back on the branding everywhere.

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 05:44 PM
  15. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I don't hate it... I just don't see the point of it.... Why couldn't this design have been saved for the Passport 2? That's my thoughts...
    In all likelyhood this IS Passport 2... we may not see any further iterations of this form factor, imo

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 05:45 PM
    Lots of companies do this. Uh my brother has the Samsung alpha??? Which I believe is a metal S5 basically. And this isn't new. It is a silver edition. The word edition would mean it is a variant of a original.

Posted with Z30
    Ooh good call. Perfect point of comparison.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 06:09 PM
    This may have been the basis for a PD Passport, but a Porsche Design model would have steel keyboard keys.

And it would certainly look a bit more streamlined than this. And probably glassweave or leather rear cover. No silver-painted plastic. Etc.
    Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 06:10 PM
    In all likelyhood this IS Passport 2... we may not see any further iterations of this form factor, imo

Posted via CB10
    I am worried about this but I figured between all the Q10 & passport lovers they would make one more iteration. Assuming still on the hardware business. The Passport was well received critically just needed some fine tuning. Not sure the Silver Edition is enough fine tuning just another colour/style basically which is nothing wrong with that.

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 07:07 PM
    This may have been the basis for a PD Passport, but a Porsche Design model would have steel keyboard keys.

And it would certainly look a bit more streamlined than this. And probably glassweave or leather rear cover. No silver-painted plastic. Etc.
    Posted via CB10
    I agree but am confused why there wouldn't be a Porsche model. Of all the Blackberries made the Passport is the most over the top and would make a great Porsche model. And I thought they made money on those things? No Z30 Porsche so maybe they have stopped?

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 07:09 PM
    Is the top bigger? It looks like they just extended the chin making the device longer. Which they should improve on passport 2. And yes BlackBerry needs to cut back on the branding everywhere.

Posted with Z30
    Yes chin is extended but the top bezel of the screen is too thick as well for no apparent reason unless there is some electronics behind it.
    08-05-15 07:34 PM
    I think you really are one of the only ones who doesn't love it. It looks really premium. This is one of the best looking smartphones on the market IMO.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that.
    No, he is not the only one. I took a look at it when it came out. Would not call it ugly, but who came up with that ridiculous form factor. If I wanted a TV I would have bought a TV.
    08-05-15 07:44 PM
    I think its natural for a product to have a positive and negative response. But isn't it too much if you complain about it in a way that its really the ugliest? You seem to look down the BB Company.
    08-05-15 07:52 PM
    No, he is not the only one. I took a look at it when it came out. Would not call it ugly, but who came up with that ridiculous form factor. If I wanted a TV I would have bought a TV.
    How many TVs are square nowadays?

Posted via CB10
    the3maples likes this.
    08-05-15 08:17 PM
    Just as you think the AT&T Passport "looks better," I think taking a $500+ device and slapping a $20 piece of plastic over it to "protect" it is stupid and ruins the look, completely. You just effectively carried out the electronic equivalent of covering your couch in plastic for the off chance that you spill wine on it. So why buy a red phone when you can buy a red case? Because it looks better, it's less bulky, and it doesn't make the device look like a vintage playing card you're trying to baby. These devices are meant to be used. If you're clumsy, change your habits. I've gone naked with my phones for 3+ years now and (knock on wood), haven't broken one yet.

I agree but am confused why there wouldn't be a Porsche model. Of all the Blackberries made the Passport is the most over the top and would make a great Porsche model. And I thought they made money on those things? No Z30 Porsche so maybe they have stopped?
    Dude, you trying to get your post count up or something? Slow down with the posts, tiger
    08-05-15 08:48 PM
    Haha no work today. All about the Silver BlackBerry forums. But yeah done. I hope.

Posted with Z30
    anon(5830442) likes this.
    08-05-15 09:15 PM
229 ... 23456 ...